July 26, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects-Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

This is the best moisturizer I've tried, my skin feels instant comfort upon first application. I regret the times that i got tempted to try new facial creams, I always go back to Olay. It really works on giving ur skin the glow and smoothness. The facial wash alone makes the skin soft and moisturised, it would give best results to use them together. My skin is combination and this gives my skin just enough moisture, I don't get very oily and it works perfect as make-up base. In my opinion, this works better for me than the Regenerist line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this face cream because of how it makes my skin look! No other cream makes my skin look and feel as nice as this one! It is not quite moisturizing enough when my skin is really dry, but I usually apply 2 layers and that works fine. The bottle doesn't last me very long. I go through one per month, which at $20+ per bottle, ends up being quite pricey for a drugstore product. Also, it comes in a lot of unnecessary packaging, which is wasteful. But everything else I've tried is not as nice, so I will continue to repurchase. I love that it comes in the fragrance free option, I just wish it was paraben free as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lilacs80

I've been using this as my daily moisturizer since I was 18 and I'm 31 now. I use the one that comes with SPF 15. I've never really used other daily moisturizers since I started using this one everyday. I've always had very clear and good skin. This doesn't clog my pores or break me out. I have combo-dry sensitive skin. It's light, and absorbs fast. I made the biggest mistake this past summer when I had a temporary break from my tried and true Olay. I finished my bottle and was at Target, strolling down the aisle when I saw Aveeno Positively Radiant. I thought well, isn't this nice, maybe I should give this a try. Afterall, I haven't really tried out any other daily moisturizers and it was cheaper than my Olay Total Effects. Biggest mistake of my life. I will never stray again. My skin just screamed! I was breaking out round after round of cystic pimples. I never went through that horrible bad skin phase when I was a teenager....welp, I went through that now. This has SPF15 in it so it's great for the super cold winter months when the sun is not very strong or for days you don't plan to be out and about. But I personally wear a SPF30 in the winter in addition to my Olay Total Effects, and a SPF60 in the summer months. This is on the pricer side for drugstore brand, but the product is very good and it is comparable to what you get in a department store. For me, it's worth the investment. I love this stuff.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by abogdanovic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using it from the last 2 months.

Pros: My blackheads are gone! smooth face. I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten on my skin. I am not acne prone, and my face radiated after applying this. However I have sensitive skin, which limits my use of almost all moisturizers, high end or drugstore.

Con: I am getting these liquid filled zits on my face (not your classic zit), mostly around jawline.something like a cyst almost. Nothing in my face routine has changed. I will keep using it for another week and see. After that I will stop and update. If this moisturizer is the reason, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WILL USE AFTER THIS! (sigh)

UPDATE: turns out it was the olay causing the hives. I have stopped using it, hives gone. Really sad, because my skin looked amazing prior to the developed allergy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by tiffysue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product sadly it does not work for me. Everyone's skin is so different and mine is very sensitive. I am enjoying Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and tried layering this on top of during the day for its SPF factor. However after only two days I had patches of irritated red rough skin and a huge hive the size of a quarter smack dab in the middle of my left cheek and smaller hives down both sides of my jawline. I have stopped using it and the inflammation has gone down, hopefully I will be back to normal soon. One thing I can say that I liked was the bottle, I love pump top bottles since they are so sanitary.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't know exactly what made me react to this product, but I put it on before I went to bed and woke up with a swollen, puffy face. This went back to Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this moisturizer! I've tried many and this one is definitely in the top 3. I love the texture, matte look, smell (the non-fragrance free one), anti-aging properties, etc. What I like most about this is that it doesn't make my face shiny at all. I've been using this combined with other Olay moisturizers for about 5 years and my skin looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by puppymoomoo

This has been my HG moisturizer since high school. It never blocked my pores or caused any break outs.

I love everything about it! It's the perfect moisturiser. For references have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dimplebhatti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The BEST!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by NvMissBri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works really well for me i have acne prone skin with oily areas also sensitive to fragrances. I really like it so far worth the 20.00 spent :)