April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Scrubs - Remede - sweep

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 11:55:00 AM More reviews by freezrbean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, and did I mention I love this? I have very dry, sensitive skin that usually does not respond well to manual exfoliation, but this was amazing. Soft, smooth, clear skin without the redness and broken capillaries. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 5:17:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

Remede Sweep has been voted best facial scrub in Instyle magazine. I don't understand why though. It's a decent product, but not worth it's hefty price tag. The scrubbing particles are fine and not jagged (crushed marble). This would be appropriate for sensitive skin gals. However, DDF Strawberry Face and Body Polish has almost the exact same texture but cost 1/3 the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lobsterh4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing scrub, but the price is ridiculous, and I just can't justify spending that much when it costs less than $1 to produce a tube. This is what I hate about all of the so-called "prestige" lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! All I can say is that my face feels like a baby's bottom.
I have tried so many scrubs.
PTR's Botanical Buffing Beads, Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, etc, etc, etc.
Nothing has made my skin feel like this!
It doesn't dry out my skin or make me break out.
It's so expensive, but I will buy it again for sure.
I use it every day, but sparingly.
I also like that this doesn't leave the bits of residue on my face that other scrubs can leave.
Rinses nice and clean.
I finally found out what all the fuss is about this cult favorite.
The SA at Barney's rattled off a list of celebs that buy this.
I am just a simple valley girl who loves this and it's now on my HG list.
I sure wish it cost less, but I will shell out the bucks for it.
p.s. I love the convenient plastic pop top tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by mgcpiggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the greatest product! The only drawback is it's ridiculous price. When I bought this a few years a go, it was reasonable. Almost 2 years later, the price was more, yet contents halved. (Yes I am amazed it lasted me 2 years) It exfoliates wonderfully, yet is incredibly gentle. It leaves skin so smooth. It is definitely worth it if you feel like splurging. I've since switched to PTR Silica Scrub but it's a bit too rough, and am going to switch back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 12:32:00 PM More reviews by queenV

I tried Sweep, and although it works well, it's too expensive! Try this baking soda exfoliant instead -this is a home-made version of Remede’s Sweep. I read about this online & heard it was the best & cheapest way to exfoliate your skin. I have tried dozens of exfoliants from scrubs to acids, and I wish I had know about this sooner. Just mix some baking soda with a little water & form a paste. Then add some Cetaphil to the mixture (makes it softer) and rub GENTLY on your face, staying away from the eye area. Rinse with lukewarm water & pat dry. It will softly exfoliate your skin & leave it glowing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sriley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite physical exfoliant. I no longer use physical exfoliants because I don't like to tug on my skin, I use Sisley Hydra-Flash instead. However, this required very little tugging, and it really feels like it is exfoliating. It uses finely crushed marble powder. I would use a physical exfoliant like Remede or La Mer before I would use a Gommage. Still, I now have switched to AHA's and feel my results are 100 times better. My fine lines have diminished greatly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 12:14:00 AM More reviews by surferchick2

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scrub. It's very fine and light enough to mix with a cleanser and gentle enough to use every other day. With my oily, thick skin it's necessary for me. It is pricy and will look around for a deal before purchasing, but if not I'd definately shell out the $$ for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2004 6:43:00 PM More reviews by csl503

I got a sample of this and didn't care for it at all. It was way too drying and hard to rinse off. The exfoliation didn't impress me either. I'm just glad I didn't shell out the $$ for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2004 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Thessalia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scrub. The only one I've used that doesn't sandpaper my face!