Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay, so having not used this cream for over a year I decided that I needed to give it a try again.

I LOVE IT!! I must have had something weird going on with my skin the last time I used this because it stung/burned my cheeks so I stopped using Bobbi's skin care all together and dabbled in this and that...(now her skin care line is all I use)

Fast forward almost 2 years and I can't live without this stuff. Being someone with dry/combination skin, I wasn't sure if this was going to be something that would work for me since most SA's sell this to people with dry/dehydrated skin or to people with maturing skin. But I was wrong and couldn't be happier! Its super hydrating and smells fresh and amazing! Doesn't leave your skin greasy or sticky, just cushioned and soft and perfectly prepped for makeup. Will definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone looking for a great face cream that doesn't mind spending the extra money. Around the holidays Bobbi releases this online and in store at a 3.4oz size for $74. And that's a steal. The regular size is 1.7oz for $50. So you actually save $24-25 dollars buying the bigger size. The glass jar doesn't bother me in the least. I love that it looks super chic and classy while sitting on my vanity, lol.

EDIT: 9/25/2011

This has been reformulated since my last review on this absolutely amazing cream. And to my great happiness it has been changed for the better! It's still the same cream only its been tweaked. And it now comes in an acrylic type plastic jar. My skin has remained the same, Combo. Oily tzone dry cheeks. Mostly dry/dehydrated skin from not drinking enough water, but none the less flawless. I would still recommend this to just about anyone who needs a great light but very hydrating face cream. This also works very well under my makeup and doesn't make me look greasy at all. Totally 10 stars.

on 2/21/2010 10:59:00 AM

This product has been a godsend to my drier combination skin this winter. A couple of months ago, my skin developed allergies to my mineral makeup and/or sunscreen and I started getting welts on my forehead. I tried switched to other products and they either gave me a rash on my forehead or made my skin dry and flaky. Then, I stumbled upon this product because the SA at antoher line did want to stay 10 minutes past her shift to help me and could find anyone else to assist.

I am glad that happened! Within 3 days of using this face cream,my skin is smooth and the flakiness is gone. Even though I tend to be sensitive to fragrances, this has caused no reactions over the last month. As far as breakouts, I only got one tiny pimple, which is likely due to PMS. I use it under the BB Skin Foundation SPF 15, and it lasts most of the day. It is a rich cream, so I may have to swtich to something else in the summer, but right now it is a HG!

Edit: So sad, I got a bit of a rash from this. I think it is the fragrance or one of the oils (lavender) since I have sensitive skin and am slighly allergic to lavender. Hoepfully I can return this because it was expensive. Still think it has great moisturizing properties and texture if you're not allergic.

on 2/14/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This realy feels like a very cheap moisturizer.
I still have it but I use it for my hands.
Because I realy feel its not good for my face.
The smell is like tea tree. You can
get a better moisturizer in the same texture
for very cheap. Tea tree moisturizer.
this make my foundation melt off.
And I always feels like my face get more dry then ever.
Its not my favorite. It doesnt suit my skin.
In the beginning I give this a try. So I use this.
Then I go to the bobbi brown counter,
And the MUA ask me what am I wearing on my face.
Mayby you should try some moisturizer from us.
Because your face look very dry it looks like its in a bad position.
Then I say. Um this is bobby brown hydrating face cream.
SO the sale lady dont realy now what to say.
Insteat of people give me complement. They always
ask me what happen to my face.
So I say NO to bobbi brown!
I was using it in combination bb foundation.

on 2/13/2010 6:00:00 AM

I have sensitive blemish prone dry skin. I have found in the past that thick creams simply do not sink into my skin and the product will sit on it and my face will remain sticky, therefore doing little to hydrate. I have been pleased and suprised with this it sinks in very quickly, leaving skin soft, hydrated but not greasy. I have tried the eye creams and found it irritated my eyes (watering) so I can see how others may react to this also. The only downside is the packaging not because its in a jar I always use clean washed hand to apply creams anyway but the fact it is glass makes it very difficult to travel with.
Overall I like it very much and would repurchase!

on 12/21/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love this product! after a few uses my skin is super soft, cushiony. my skin type is normal/dry and my skin loves this moisturizer! i wish it wasn't so pricey and didn't come in a jar.. but after using it.. i will deal, the product is amazing!

on 12/4/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay it's about time I review this cream.... I re-purshased it 5 times! LOL

BB Hydrating cream is my HG face cream for day or night. I do have a few more cream and serums in my stash but this is definetely my go-to cream on most days.

I have probably bought in my lifetime hundreds of different creams and either they sting when I put them on or my skin gets reddish for 10-20 miuntes until they sink in. Or I start reacting about mid way through the jar..... not so with this one!

BB's cream always feels good when I put it on and my skin feels immediately softer and smoother. The cream has no smell which I like and the texture is thick but speads easily and doesn't feel oily at all on. Apparently, it also has a primer in it.... which would account for why my foundation looks great on with this cream underneath. And I actually also sometimes mix some of my foundation with it and use it as a tinted moisturizer. :) Give me a perfect dewy look but not greasy looking. And it's never made me break out.

It comes in a glass jar which I like since I don't like my makeup lotions and potions in plastic. And every xmas season they usually have a double sized jar for 10$ more or so which I always grab. I go through about 1-2 of the big jars of this a year...... pricey but in reality since I actually finish them each time I see as a great value. Plus I seem to be using some now on my neck these days....

So far the only item I would have a panic attack if they discountinued... well this and the Hydrating Eye Cream too. :)

on 10/27/2009 3:04:00 PM

Last winter, my the skin on my face was dry and peeling. I picked this up when I was at the BB counter buying highlighter and tinted moisturizer. It did wonders for my peeling skin, making it smooth and moisturized again. Even though it would be quite expensive to use it just as a makeup remover, it is effective when you are short on time and want to remove makeup and moisturize at the same time.

on 7/21/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The bad reviews of this item must be due to individuals using products which do not pertain to their skin type. I on the other hand, prefer very emollient creams, and use them regularly (foundation adheres better to it). This cream feels soothing, is rich, and has a nice smell. Not only is this a great face prep, but it can also be used to remove makeup although only a makeup artist has used it on me as such. You get quite a lot in the jar and a little goes a long way. The eye cream is also worth looking into. The only thing I do not like is that both of these products are packaged in jars which is not always sanitary. However, I use a makeup wedge to apply product without risking contamination.

on 7/8/2009 8:51:00 AM

I do not understand the others reviews in my age group. I really like this cream, it seems to be doing a great job on my face. I do get some shine, don't know if that is the BB foundation or the face cream. Never, ever was shiny before. In face, was pretty dry and flaky looking. Temped to try the BB Overnight cream, maybe today. I am also tempted to go back to MAC foundation and not use the BB that I have. But, I have not decided yet.
Back to the Hydrating Face Cream. I really like it and will repurchase when my jar is gone. Would be nice if it were in a pump or tube. The glass jars look nice that the BB products come in, but are very, very hard to travel with and are not as sanitary as they could be.

8-24-2009: okay, so I must really like this stuff, I have purchased another jar. Yep, still in a jar. I just love the way my skin looks and feels when I use it. It almost lasted 3 months, but for most of that time I was using it day and night. I have now started using BB Overnight Cream, so I expect this jar to last longer.

8-2010... Bobbi Brown has changed all there Hydrating line of face products. I have not purchased the new one of this yet, but I do have the one for night time use. So far so good with that.

on 6/15/2009 6:59:00 PM

I tried this face cream thinking it would be great since its the all famed bobbi brown and I wasn't too impressed with it. Just a dab will do when putting it on but it seems a bit sticky and takes a while to soak into the skin. However once it soaked in, my skin felt very nice for a little while. It didnt stay feeling that nice for long though. Then the next day when I woke up I had a couple pimples so my skin didnt think too much of it either.

Popular Moisturizers