October 31, 2014 | 1403 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

i love this product! after a few uses my skin is super soft, cushiony. my skin type is normal/dry and my skin loves this moisturizer! i wish it wasn't so pricey and didn't come in a jar.. but after using it.. i will deal, the product is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by willowpost

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay it's about time I review this cream.... I re-purshased it 5 times! LOL

BB Hydrating cream is my HG face cream for day or night. I do have a few more cream and serums in my stash but this is definetely my go-to cream on most days.

I have probably bought in my lifetime hundreds of different creams and either they sting when I put them on or my skin gets reddish for 10-20 miuntes until they sink in. Or I start reacting about mid way through the jar..... not so with this one!

BB's cream always feels good when I put it on and my skin feels immediately softer and smoother. The cream has no smell which I like and the texture is thick but speads easily and doesn't feel oily at all on. Apparently, it also has a primer in it.... which would account for why my foundation looks great on with this cream underneath. And I actually also sometimes mix some of my foundation with it and use it as a tinted moisturizer. :) Give me a perfect dewy look but not greasy looking. And it's never made me break out.

It comes in a glass jar which I like since I don't like my makeup lotions and potions in plastic. And every xmas season they usually have a double sized jar for 10$ more or so which I always grab. I go through about 1-2 of the big jars of this a year...... pricey but in reality since I actually finish them each time I see as a great value. Plus I seem to be using some now on my neck these days....

So far the only item I would have a panic attack if they discountinued... well this and the Hydrating Eye Cream too. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Chieri

Last winter, my the skin on my face was dry and peeling. I picked this up when I was at the BB counter buying highlighter and tinted moisturizer. It did wonders for my peeling skin, making it smooth and moisturized again. Even though it would be quite expensive to use it just as a makeup remover, it is effective when you are short on time and want to remove makeup and moisturize at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The bad reviews of this item must be due to individuals using products which do not pertain to their skin type. I on the other hand, prefer very emollient creams, and use them regularly (foundation adheres better to it). This cream feels soothing, is rich, and has a nice smell. Not only is this a great face prep, but it can also be used to remove makeup although only a makeup artist has used it on me as such. You get quite a lot in the jar and a little goes a long way. The eye cream is also worth looking into. The only thing I do not like is that both of these products are packaged in jars which is not always sanitary. However, I use a makeup wedge to apply product without risking contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Hawk612

I do not understand the others reviews in my age group. I really like this cream, it seems to be doing a great job on my face. I do get some shine, don't know if that is the BB foundation or the face cream. Never, ever was shiny before. In face, was pretty dry and flaky looking. Temped to try the BB Overnight cream, maybe today. I am also tempted to go back to MAC foundation and not use the BB that I have. But, I have not decided yet.
Back to the Hydrating Face Cream. I really like it and will repurchase when my jar is gone. Would be nice if it were in a pump or tube. The glass jars look nice that the BB products come in, but are very, very hard to travel with and are not as sanitary as they could be.

8-24-2009: okay, so I must really like this stuff, I have purchased another jar. Yep, still in a jar. I just love the way my skin looks and feels when I use it. It almost lasted 3 months, but for most of that time I was using it day and night. I have now started using BB Overnight Cream, so I expect this jar to last longer.

8-2010... Bobbi Brown has changed all there Hydrating line of face products. I have not purchased the new one of this yet, but I do have the one for night time use. So far so good with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jamiesusie

I tried this face cream thinking it would be great since its the all famed bobbi brown and I wasn't too impressed with it. Just a dab will do when putting it on but it seems a bit sticky and takes a while to soak into the skin. However once it soaked in, my skin felt very nice for a little while. It didnt stay feeling that nice for long though. Then the next day when I woke up I had a couple pimples so my skin didnt think too much of it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by annacorrado

Feels nice and moisurizing...for a few minutes, but then feels a bit irritating and possible breakouts. Makes my eyes irritated and start watering/crying almost instantly. really wanted to love this because of Bobbi's philosophy and beautiful packaging and beautiful cosmetics counter girl who recommended, but am going to go return now and get my $50 back. Tootles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pascale4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am on my second jar of this cream. i started using this cream when my skin became super dry and reactuve. this cream has calmed my skin and has solved the dehydration i was experiencing. great light smell. i apply it quite generously as it isn't super rich. strongly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by LeMia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm confused with this product. It feels wonderful going on, it makes my skin feel soft and I like the smell, but, I actually feel like my skin is dryer because of it. How is that possible? I feel like my cheeks always have a slight burn to them. My skin is dry and when she applied this at the counter, it felt so good, I was immediately sold but after a few days of using it I don't know what to think. I hate taking stuff back but I'm worried I might have to, $74.00 is too much to stuff in the back of my drawer.

Update: January 15th. I couldn't stand my face hurting any longer! I stopped using the face cream and went back to my other moisterizer, which isn't great but at least it doesn't burn. I returned it as well as the BB eye cream and toner.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by fuztop

This is terrible stuff! If you have sensitive skin, this will make it STING!!! It has lavender in it, which is quite overpowering smelling, and very irritating on the skin. I gave it away after using it once, Sorry, Bobbi. I love your stuff, but there is an exeption to every rule, ad this is it! :o( Avoid this product.