Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies Cotton Candy

Price: $

on 3/13/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bought the little 1 oz. bottle at Kmart for .99 cents cuz I needed a pick me up. Love it. Yes, its super sweet. Yes, its cheap. Yes, the packaging isn't that great but on Parfums De Coeurs website it looks like they have update the bottles to a much fancier design. Yes, its a bit alcoholish and strong when first spritzed but it settles to a yummy sweet ,sugary, candyish scent and yes, I can see why many think it has a strawberry-ish undertone to it. Its not super longlasting but it lasts much longer than some of the much more expensive, more "elite" body sprays out there. (BBW I'm talking to you) I'm 40 and I don't think its "too young" . Its simple and comforting in my opinion and it makes me happy smelling it. This (or vanilla) is my everyday scent. I will go for something more "adult" or sexier when I have a function to attend but honestly this is my favorite.

So my boyfriend came home from work one day saying that his coworker's girlfriend smells really good and that I should buy whatever perfume she uses. I was just excited he actually LIKED a perfume so I told him to find out what it was. He reported back (from the male coworker) that it was Bath and Body Works cotton candy. I knew they didn't have a cotton candy scent so I figured it was this. He loves it and compliments me every time I use it (which is mostly after work and when I'm just around the house). I like it, but I don't see what the huge fuss is about. After so many bottles of higher priced perfume, of course he would like the $4 body spray!

It reminds me of a lighter less offensive version of Pink Sugar and I like spraying it on my hair when I feel like it needs a little freshening up. I would recommend this if sweet scents don't bother you and definitely if you want male attention.

I worked with teens this past summer. One of the young ladies would practically bathe in this stuff. It's so sickeningly sweet that I couldn't breathe whenever she walked by.. I actually had to confiscate it from her when she wouldn't stop spraying it. It was making people sick. I felt bad and bought her some actual perfume targeted for her age (Britney spears curious) and taught her how to wear it.. Hopefully she learned a lesson. :) I can't stomach this stuff.

on 3/2/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It smells like PURE cotton candy.
Unless you want to smell like you came back from a carnival, I don't know why you'd want to wear this.

Plus the bottle leaks out from the sides of the cap even though it's screwed on as tight as it will go.

on 3/2/2011 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been wearing this scent since i was in junior high and im almost 22 now, my Bf back then he is my Hubby now would tell me how good i smelt<3 Whenever i would spray this everyone would say i smelled so good or they would say what is that smell it smells like cotton Candy it smells so good!!!! I still wear it and i still gt the same compliments where ever i go!! This Body spray smells wonderful, to me it smells just like cotton candy!! The Lotion on the other hand is Terrible and smells nothing like Cotton Candy it is a terrible smell, i would just get the perfume b/c the perfume is amazing!!! It smells just like Cotton Candy and the smell stays with you all day!!! just spray a couple sprays and you will smell Like Cotton and Candy ALL DAY LONG!!! it reminds m of the fair. Will buy this the rest of my life lol and hope they never get rid f this!

on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

To me anyway, this doesn't smell much like cotton candy, but it is a sweet, candylike scent. I get comlimented on this by people from all walks of life, men and women both say "Wow, it smells so good in here!" whenever this has been sprayed. The scent is also oddly calming, too - at least to me. :)

on 10/10/2010 8:30:00 PM

I love this! It's a light cotton candy smell & is not overpowering. I'd definitely buy again when I run out.

on 10/10/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Count me in as a grown-up lover of this sweet, light, cotton candy-ish scent. I've been on a body spray kick lately, putting aside some of my more adult, rich, complex scents and craving light fresh ones. I was in the drugstore the other day and came across Parfums De Coeur's new Sexiest Fantasies sprays and found a couple that I adore. Looked them up on MUA and found the cotton candy one had high marks and went back for it. Mmmm, just what I wanted...it's light, fresh, sweet, girly and fun. Reminiscent of Pink Sugar but lighter and more wearable, and it's not cloying like Pink Sugar can be after a while. My two teenage sons ADORE this scent and request it. :) I am a huge fan of PDC, their stuff is high quality, it LASTS on my skin, and it is affordable enough to treat myself to a fun little splurge whenever I want it. Some of their newer ones, the Sexiest Fantaasies, are much deeper and more complex-smelling, not so single-note like many of their offerings. I am in love with Va Va Voom lately, too. Just a terrific, inexpensive, high-quality burst of happiness and yumminess. Kudos to Parfums De Couer, I hope they never go out of business!

on 9/5/2010 7:16:00 PM

I bought this once thinking it was the Juice Bar Cotton Candy, just in a different package. It is made by the same company so I thought it was the same. Wrong. It didn't smell like cotton candy to me at all and didn't last very long on my skin. I wish Juice Bar version was easier to find in stores. I ordered some online the other day. I am way too old to be wearing cotton candy scents, but so what. They make me happy. :)
**************************************************UPDATE**********************
I was in Walgreens at lunch and saw this. Don't ask me why I bought it, but I did. I knew I didn't like this particular scent a while ago, but I am on a cotton candy kick right now. Now I remember why I didn't like it. It smells like plastic cotton candy. It has a very plastic scent that is driving me nuts. This will probably end up on my swap list. I am still a fan of the Juice Bar version.

on 6/14/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I love this body spray! It's my favorite smell for being casual. Not too heavy, and even though it's sweet, it isn't cloying like a lot of perfumes. I'm not sure what my husband thinks of it, though...I think he likes something more grown-up. It's also cheap enough that sometimes I use it as an air freshener! =)

Popular Fragrances