October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by yoopergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just recently discovered this lovely lip shimmers. I bought 4 colors. Nutmeg is my favorite. A delicious bronzy nude color. The peppermint smell is refreshing, and the all natural ingredients ROCK. These make my lips so soft. I may just give up lipsticks all together.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by chargeit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just what I have been looking for! A gorgeous peachy-nude w/ some appropriate bronzy shimmers to make it mlbb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 4:28:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

nice texture and very moisturizing with a pleasant minty taste. however the color is just not flattering on my skin tone. it almost looks like a frosted lipstick on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried several of the Lip Shimmers so far, and Nutmeg is my favorite. I have bought multiple tubes of this. I like that it has just a touch of peppermint - not enough to irritate my lips. The color is great - not too dark nor too pale. It totally looks natural for my coloring. I can even use this on my cheeks for a creme blush. Will always buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by goodthings

This is one of two colors I have (the other is Rhubarb). I've raved about the lip shimmer line already in the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer thread, so I'll concentrate on the color here. On my pigmented lips, this is a bronzy peach. It's a warm color, which suits my brown with golden undertone skin perfectly. It also looks nude on me, but nude on the peach side instead of the mauvey nude color that makes me look dead. I love it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 12:55:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty natural looking color and moisturizing as well. Great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2006 10:47:00 AM More reviews by go_go_go_jo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a lip balm addict (psychologically), and BB's has longer staying power than any other lip balm I've tried. As for the Lip Shimmer, the browny rose color and shimmer really make my lips look alive. I only wear lipstick to work-related meetings, so I wear the Shimmer about 80% of my waking hours. I took off one lippie because although the moisturizing aspects of the lip balm last a long time, the color doesn't stick around as well, so I have to keep reapplying throughout the day. Otherwise, a great product that I'll purchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

**Update, 5 years later and I don't use this anymore. I used up the 1 tube and that was it, I tend to use light mauve lipsticks now.**

Sometimes when my lips feel especially dry I need to apply chapstick before this color. I have dark blonde hair with reddish tones, fair skin, and blue eyes, and this color is the "brown/nude" I have been searching for. I can't wear nudes because they tend to wash me out, but this has enough peach in it to make me look alive. I wish it had more staying power, but after all it is just a gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this b/c of the natural ingredients which I'm after. And the colour, like others have said, is fantastic - a lightly shimmery YLBB. But the peppermint taste is too 'Trident gum' to me and the icy tingle is STRONG, at least for the first few minutes. I also think this product made my lips peel a bit. UPDATE 1/06: I took off 1 lippie b/c this product dries out my lips every time I use it, to the point that they peel. I'm guessing it's the peppermint oil in it - it's just too irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Zooker

Love this stuff!!! Finally, I was able to find this at Walgreen's. I think that all this time I was just looking in the wrong area of the store...I thought it would be with all the cosmetics, turns out it was in the lotions/skin care aisle! I bought it in Watermelon and Coffee yesterday, and today I went back and got Nutmeg and Champagne. I want them all, but they were out of a couple of colors!! These are great, I am not fond of lipstick, so rarely do I wear anything on my lips at all, but because of the reviews here, I was curious enough about these to hunt for them til I found them, and now I can't get enough! I love the peppermint tingle too, and it "transferred" to my hubby when I kissed him and he liked it too! Bonus! LOL