Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, petrolatum, cyclopentasiloxane, stearyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, carbomer, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium hydroxide, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, EDTA, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, fragrance, titanium dioxide, red 4.

on 1/4/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Like many, I used this when I was in high school, young and broke, it was the only thing I could afford. Oh that smell, sure brings me back, lol. I have never had a problem using this back then. My mother used it also, I think it was called Oil of Olay or something like that. Anyway, I broke out with a rashy, red blotchy break out all over my face New Year's day...pretty I know. Nothing like looking like a pizza when your family is coming over for New Years dinner. My mother (from the old school) told me to stop using "all that other stuff" and just use the Olay pink stuff I used when I was in high school. I tried to tell her the stuff I'm using is alot better and more healthy for your skin. Well the next day, I went to the nearest CVS and purchased the original pink smelly lotion. I wore it all day Sunday (my face wasn't so red and blotchy at the end of the day) and Monday to work under my regular foundation. Tuesday at work I received complements on my skin. I would of never thought about using this pink lotion potion ever again, boy was I wrong. There is a reason this formula stuck around so long...it works period. No greasy feel, slips on nicely, lotion is not thick and heavy, wears well under foundation and oh that smell. It doesn't smell bad, it just smells, well old I guess or maybe just of old memories. For the record, my mother also used this stuff called Rose Milk. She would use this on her hands right before the Lawrence Welk show on TV. I feel as if I took a retro trip. One thing is for sure, sometimes with technology and the "all natural" kick products have linked themselves to, Olay original has survived the test of time and I'm back using it again after many years and loving it. I will def repurchase.

on 1/1/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this cream! It's simple, no frills or SPF or anything, but incredibly moisturizing. It's creamy and thick, yet doesn't go on too heavily or oily, and it leaves a nice matte finish. It's undoubtedly one of the best moisturizers for the price. My favorite part is that it's pink and smells SO pretty! Definitely a classic.

on 1/1/2011 11:00:00 AM

Many creams tend to break me out because of added fragrance. This is not one of them. This moisturizer kicks any department store cream's butt. It's the perfect amount of moisture for the winter. I doubt I'll be able to use it in the summer during the day, but could work wonders as a night cream.

on 12/30/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good daily moisturizer for my oily-acne prone face. It moisturizes well without being greasy. I like that it doesn't break me out and it give me enough moisture without the oily look. It's not great on really dry skin but overall I have been sticking to this as my daily moisturizer. I would like if it was in a dispenser than a tub, just for hygienic purposes.

on 12/23/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer i put this on before my makeup

on 12/12/2010 12:20:00 PM

I only object to the name, there is nothing active in it and thats what I like. Its a smooth gel/cream with beautiful rose fragrance. Doesn't break me out, and I am very prone to that. I bought this because it doesnt have any sunscreen or anti-aging or anti-acne ingredients. I needed something like this to use on top of my aha cream and anti-aging serum, neither of which provide enough moisture. This provides me a matte finish, and my skin doesn't grease up after a few hours so I use it under makeup by itself also. I will repurchase this. The smell reminds me of my grandmother,she was beautiful..

on 11/23/2010 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a no-frills moisturizer for my naturally oily, acne-prone skin; I use the 3-step Proactiv system, which works well but leaves my skin a bit dry. Came across this Olay cream and decided to give it a go, and I like it. It doesn't make me break out, and it gives my oily skin a nice matte finish that lasts for longer than I expected (my face is usually shiny by mid-day no matter what I use). Nothing fancy here, no anti-aging or UV-blocking extras - just "does what it says on the can". Moisturizes and leaves skin soft. I've repurchased it twice.

on 11/13/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow this product is a shocker, at first i absolutly loved it i thought the smell was great and that it hydrated my skin leaving it soft and radiant, but oh goodness this made my face breakout like crazy, now ive used some high end and low end creams but this is the only cream that has ever made me breakout, once i stopped using it my face cleared right up. will NOT repurchase!

on 9/15/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried other creams but I always come back to this one. The scent is strong but my normally sensitive skin does not get irritated at all. I use it over regenerist serum and my skin stays really soft.

on 9/8/2010 8:43:00 PM

I use this in combination with Olay's Firming Night Cream, and together they ensure that my skin is always soft and hydrated. I really like the consistency of this, as it is thick enough to really moisturize my dry skin, but still light enough to wear during the day and under makeup. It doesn't feel greasy at all, and it's not as expensive as most Olay products.

Popular Moisturizers