December 20, 2014 | 1699 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Cream - Original

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I only object to the name, there is nothing active in it and thats what I like. Its a smooth gel/cream with beautiful rose fragrance. Doesn't break me out, and I am very prone to that. I bought this because it doesnt have any sunscreen or anti-aging or anti-acne ingredients. I needed something like this to use on top of my aha cream and anti-aging serum, neither of which provide enough moisture. This provides me a matte finish, and my skin doesn't grease up after a few hours so I use it under makeup by itself also. I will repurchase this. The smell reminds me of my grandmother,she was beautiful..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a no-frills moisturizer for my naturally oily, acne-prone skin; I use the 3-step Proactiv system, which works well but leaves my skin a bit dry. Came across this Olay cream and decided to give it a go, and I like it. It doesn't make me break out, and it gives my oily skin a nice matte finish that lasts for longer than I expected (my face is usually shiny by mid-day no matter what I use). Nothing fancy here, no anti-aging or UV-blocking extras - just "does what it says on the can". Moisturizes and leaves skin soft. I've repurchased it twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by DeviousDana

Wow this product is a shocker, at first i absolutly loved it i thought the smell was great and that it hydrated my skin leaving it soft and radiant, but oh goodness this made my face breakout like crazy, now ive used some high end and low end creams but this is the only cream that has ever made me breakout, once i stopped using it my face cleared right up. will NOT repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by miasmommy12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried other creams but I always come back to this one. The scent is strong but my normally sensitive skin does not get irritated at all. I use it over regenerist serum and my skin stays really soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by PinupWings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in combination with Olay's Firming Night Cream, and together they ensure that my skin is always soft and hydrated. I really like the consistency of this, as it is thick enough to really moisturize my dry skin, but still light enough to wear during the day and under makeup. It doesn't feel greasy at all, and it's not as expensive as most Olay products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by BabyMakeMeBlush

I have combo oily skin if I use the wrong type of moisturizer my t-zone gets completely oily beyond control. I really like this moisturizer I use it right after I get out the shower & on a clean face before using makeup, it goes on lovely it does feel like it would be oily but as soon as your skin absorbs the product it appears matte. I love using it under my makeup it works wonders for me. I've been using this for about three months no breakouts no reactions I've bought one about every month which isnt that bad since it's only 10 dollars. I've tried almost every drugstore and high end moisturizer for oily skin and none have worked as well as this one I think it might be the fact that it's JUST a moisturizer nothing more, no wrinkle reducers, ance medication, it's JUST a moisturizer. This has become a staple in my makeup kit. Hope this was helpful.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

I use this in the morning and it's a nice hydrating cream. It leaves my skin matte so there's no oily or greasy look before putting on makeup. And it provides continous moisture throughout the day so I don't feel like I need to reapply moisturizer. My only beef would be the scent is a little too strong reminds me of baby powder but I can live with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by candiceragan

My face gets very dry and flakey around my nose and on my chin. I have tryed a few things and found that this works the best for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to be enchanted by this product 'cuz I've always loved Olay for its price and quality. To me, this one smells powdery...in a good way and the cream texture is not too light not too heavy. However, there's something not hydrating enough for my face. I live in a humid place but still have dry skin. When I use this as a night cream, I wake up in the morning with a bit oily face, but when I wash my face, it goes dry and flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went on a cruise last year and realized, before I got the ship, that I had forgotten to pack my moisturizer (Olay Active Hydrating Lotion...in the bottle). We ran to a CVS and found the cream. I didn't realize they had it in a cream so I thought it would be great for night time use.

This cream is very rich. I don't know how it's active, but it definitely IS HYDRATING. I wouldn't recommend it to someone living in a humid region because I wore this in Mexico and I could feel it on my skin throughout the day. And although it's rich...it feels nice when you apply it. Very cooling and moisturizing. Great for dry skin. If you've got super oily skin, I probably wouldn't wear it during the summer...and I'd probably stick to the lotion formula for during the day....but it's definitely a must-try if you're looking for a great basic moisturizer for thirsty skin. Yes, it does come in a jar, but if you're like me and don't have a problem with that, then you'll enjoy it. The smell is pleasant in my book! I love that they still have the original!