November 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by malcontent

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is the perfect everyday shade for me. I have very fair skin with warm undertones, blue-green eyes, and cool-toned dark brown hair. With my coloring and full lips, it's a hard to find a lipstick shade that provides enough color to keep me from looking washed out yet that isn't overtly sexy or dramatic. This one is ideal. The lipstick is creamy, applies well, and goes with almost any makeup look. It's not matte enough to be drying or slick enough that you have to worry it will wear off in ten minutes. Of all the Viva Glam lipsticks I've tried, this has been the most attractive shade for my coloring, subtle without being too subtle. The packaging is well-designed; I've never had an issue with the lipstick breaking, smearing, or melting. It has a faint, pleasant fragrance. This is one I keep in my purse all the time and default to using again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by DannyMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hey everyone! ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE lipstick for brides. I am BOOKED for weddings, and no matter how many colors I own, I always end up reaching for this. I add some MAC clear gloss over top (if they want) and we're good to go. Perfect everyday color too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Kooba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this lipstick for every day! The perfect pink, with a hint of shimmer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My very first MAC lipstick! I bought it because the MUA suggested it when I asked for a nude that would work with my coloring (NC25). While it wasn't the kind of nude I had in mind, it is a lovely neutral MLBB shade that makes my lips look full and lush. You can see large glitter particles in the tube, but they never seem obvious after I've actually applied it. I did knock a point off because the formula tends to dry my lips out, it needs a balm under or a light gloss over top.

I think of it as my "interview" lipstick - not showy or sexy on its own, but a perfect finishing touch for a put-together, professional look. For that reason, I will always have a tube around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a very good lipstick if you are looking for a natural lip colour. This is the "my lips but better" look with a shine on. In my opinion, Viva Glam V and Viva Glam Cyndi are the best VG lipsticks of all. VG V is even more moisturising than Cyndi and it lasts for ages.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The MAC artist suggested this shade to me when I requested a MLBB shade. I have very pigmented lips so finding a 'natural' looking colour is difficult as everything ends up being intensified. My lips are almost a mauvy-berry colour to start.

Although this shade looks great in the tube, it just doesn't do anything for me unless I tone down my natural lips with foundation. The wear on this goes from 8 am til around 12 noon, and it feels good on my lips, but the colour just doesn't do it for me. I'm a soft summer (think Anjolina or Jennifer Aniston) and I think this WOULD look great on me if my lips were a bit paler.

I love the smell of MAC lippies. Slight vanilla scent.

Back to the drawing board.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC's Viva Glam is such a fabulous campaign. I was thrilled to find a shade of Viva Glam lipstick that I could wear. Some of the other shades are very strong and not for me. Viva Glam V is perfect. A "neutral pink with pearl" it is listed as a lustre and has a soft shine to it. So lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I needed an everyday type lipstick. It works well for what it is. Its flattering, not overly drying and has decent staying power.

Its not mindblowing or extremely original - but I do reach for it a good bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw swatches of this lipstick online and I bought it a few days ago. It looked great in the tube but on me it was not so great at all. Nice formula, non-drying, but the color... it reminds me of a L'Oreal lipstick that I wore in junior high. Desert something. It just does NOT look good on my light coloring. It's a pinky mauve but it looks clownish on me. I've seen other people look awesome with this lipstick, but they have a more olive coloring. I don't know what shade I am in MAC foundation but I'm Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay, Perfect Praline in Givenchy Photo Perfexion, and Halo in Urban Decay TM. I wonder if MAC will let me return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

too glittery and mauv-y brownish on me... i swatched it on my arm and i liked it but on me it is way too mauve -brown for my taste..
if you dont like hug me, you wont like this as well, i have both and they look pretty much the same though viva glam v is too glittery..