MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 2/23/2013 1:34:00 PM

This is my go-to-lippy. I love the way it looks on my paler skin tone, but is also a flattering shimmer on friends with darker more olive skin tones.

Its an everyday kind of sparkle which never over powers any other part of my face, making it a neutral colour.

Lasts for a good couple of hours although it is quick to come off on, cutlery, water bottles ( and the boyfriend hehe)

Would re-purchase in a heart beat.

on 2/21/2013 3:02:00 PM

I love this as an everyday look. Slight shimmer, not glittery at all.. makes your lips look moist, and it is great on my skin tone (NC30). I will continue to buy for my everyday routine. Looks great lined with ProLongwear lip liner in Staunchly Stylish. I find this color to be the big sister of Twig which is more matte and dry looking.

on 1/20/2013 2:53:00 PM

Great neutral colour. My only problem is I wish the consistency was thicker.

on 12/8/2012 7:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

for me this is the most MLBB colour in the viva glam range. i love the charity angle so i chose this colour as the most wearable, and i'm pretty pleased with it. it's not as drying as some MAC lipsticks and the subtle shimmer is very flattering. the only things i don't like are (i) the smell - i'm usually grimacing for a minute or so until it wears off; (ii) on my lips the colour dries down to quite a bright pink stain which is less MLBB, so i have to remember to keep applying it when i'm wearing it. it's still a great go-to lipstick for everyday wearing though.

on 10/17/2012 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my all time favourite lippy. I have purchased it time and time again. I'm always been asked if I've had my teeth bleached as Viva Glam makes them look so white. It doesn't last particularly long but it's worth every penny. Love it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

okay so I finally figured out how to make this work for my NC40-42 skin tone I also wear Bobbi Brown warm natural 4.5 and MUFE 140.
So I use this with the MAC lipliner morning coffee and if I need to keep it from looking to gray pinkish I use Jordona lipliner in baby berry. Gives me a nice creamy pink that flatters my darker yellow skin tone.

on 9/19/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a color that works on almost everybody, wearable for everyday looks. It was the first MAC lipstick that I got, essential for any lipstick collection.

on 8/31/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute favorite lipstick I have been using since I was 16 years old!! Still using it!! Its the best MLBB with a little shimmer :3 The only cons would be the price of the tube of lipstick and the weird smell. I also think I may not re-purchase and buy the Rimmel dupe called Sunset.... It has a weird scent to it...

on 6/22/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, so this lipstick is definitely my lips but better...and it's suprising to say that with my fair skin. I put a pic up of what it looks like on me if your super fair and want to know how it will look on you. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lips is because after about an hour or two it gets pretty drying, but the color is totally worth the money. Once I run out of this lipstick, I will buy it again.

on 5/23/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This lipstick is the perfect everyday shade for me. I have very fair skin with warm undertones, blue-green eyes, and cool-toned dark brown hair. With my coloring and full lips, it's a hard to find a lipstick shade that provides enough color to keep me from looking washed out yet that isn't overtly sexy or dramatic. This one is ideal. The lipstick is creamy, applies well, and goes with almost any makeup look. It's not matte enough to be drying or slick enough that you have to worry it will wear off in ten minutes. Of all the Viva Glam lipsticks I've tried, this has been the most attractive shade for my coloring, subtle without being too subtle. The packaging is well-designed; I've never had an issue with the lipstick breaking, smearing, or melting. It has a faint, pleasant fragrance. This is one I keep in my purse all the time and default to using again and again.

Popular Lipsticks