August 1, 2014 | 1516 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a very good lipstick if you are looking for a natural lip colour. This is the "my lips but better" look with a shine on. In my opinion, Viva Glam V and Viva Glam Cyndi are the best VG lipsticks of all. VG V is even more moisturising than Cyndi and it lasts for ages.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The MAC artist suggested this shade to me when I requested a MLBB shade. I have very pigmented lips so finding a 'natural' looking colour is difficult as everything ends up being intensified. My lips are almost a mauvy-berry colour to start.

Although this shade looks great in the tube, it just doesn't do anything for me unless I tone down my natural lips with foundation. The wear on this goes from 8 am til around 12 noon, and it feels good on my lips, but the colour just doesn't do it for me. I'm a soft summer (think Anjolina or Jennifer Aniston) and I think this WOULD look great on me if my lips were a bit paler.

I love the smell of MAC lippies. Slight vanilla scent.

Back to the drawing board.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC's Viva Glam is such a fabulous campaign. I was thrilled to find a shade of Viva Glam lipstick that I could wear. Some of the other shades are very strong and not for me. Viva Glam V is perfect. A "neutral pink with pearl" it is listed as a lustre and has a soft shine to it. So lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I needed an everyday type lipstick. It works well for what it is. Its flattering, not overly drying and has decent staying power.

Its not mindblowing or extremely original - but I do reach for it a good bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw swatches of this lipstick online and I bought it a few days ago. It looked great in the tube but on me it was not so great at all. Nice formula, non-drying, but the color... it reminds me of a L'Oreal lipstick that I wore in junior high. Desert something. It just does NOT look good on my light coloring. It's a pinky mauve but it looks clownish on me. I've seen other people look awesome with this lipstick, but they have a more olive coloring. I don't know what shade I am in MAC foundation but I'm Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay, Perfect Praline in Givenchy Photo Perfexion, and Halo in Urban Decay TM. I wonder if MAC will let me return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

too glittery and mauv-y brownish on me... i swatched it on my arm and i liked it but on me it is way too mauve -brown for my taste..
if you dont like hug me, you wont like this as well, i have both and they look pretty much the same though viva glam v is too glittery..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by BronzedBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the very first lipstick shade that I purchased from MAC, and I've probably repurchased the lipglass close to four or five times now! This lipstick is a universally flattering shade, and it's definitely a 'my lips but better' shade and definitely a 'holy grail' product. Whenever I wear this lipstick, along with cork lip pencil and the Viva Glam V lipglass, women of all races/ages ask me to write down the information on what I'm wearing on my lips! It's a lovely marriage of nude/pink/blush/brown. It's basically my default lipstick whenever I have no idea what to wear on my lips, and it always looks fantastic with any color smokey eye. The best part is that the 100% of proceeds go towards HIV/AIDS research and awareness funding!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Color was decent but finish was soooo pearly/frosty. It barely shoed up on my non pigmented lips and the glitter was left after 30 minutes of wear. Boooo!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by halostatic

I bought this the other night as a close enough dupe to one of my all time favorite lipsticks, Mellow Mood as I was running low on that one and it is limited edition, so I don't have any backups.

Under the store lighting the two looked identical swatched on my hand and lips but as I swatched them again under natural light the next day I noticed that Viva Glam V is much lighter than MM.

But since the two are so close in color I will stick with VGV. The formula is a lustre which I love. It's a bit more moisturizing than M.A.C'S other lipsticks which is nice. Plus the sales of Viva Glam lipsticks go to a good cause so all around it's pretty good :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This lipstick looks so hedious on me simply because the finish on this lipstick is TOO FROSTY/METALLIC LOOKING, YUCK. I have many Mac lustre's but none look like this at all. As for the color it is nothing to write home about. Pink mauve that pulls more mauve than pink on me at least but the frost on this is a killer!. I get embarassed wearing it.
On the good note it is for a good cause (Breast Cancer for women) so I did buy for that reason alone. But I donot like wearing this lipstick at all.
If you do want to try the Viva Glam V lipgloss as the color and the finish is very nice of it.