OPI Nail Envy - Matte

4.4

BUTYL ACETATE, TOLUENE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, TOSYLAMIDE/FORMALDEHYDE RESIN, DIBUTYL PHTHALATE, TALC, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, BUTYL ALCOHOL, FORMALDEHYDE, HYDRATED SILICA, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, CAMPHOR, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, CI 60725 (VIOLET 2)

All I will ever need! Makes your nails look effortlessly perfect, dries within seconds, and really hardens them over time. i just reapply this every 3 or 4 days, and when I do feel like painting them it acts like a great base coat. Not to mention my nails can actually BE painted now since they are finally nice, long and strong. A little pricey, worth it. A+++ OPI!!!

on 5/15/2007 12:32:00 AM

I don't like to wear nail polish on my nails but I had to get this when my nails started to peel. When 2 coats have been applied it looks like my nails have been nicely buffed. It is not completely matte, it leaves a really nice soft sheen, very natural. I took one lippie due to the exorbitant price.

on 4/17/2007 11:26:00 AM

I'd only buy this on eBay, never in a shop. It's decent enough as a matte clear treatment, but it chips quite quickly. I only use it because sometimes my nails can get brittle and weak. Some of my nails feel stronger, but the 'problem' nails (the ones that seem to break first or flake first) aren't really any better than before. Bit overhyped, if you ask me.

on 3/21/2007 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I started using this product about a month ago based on a recommendation from a manicurist friend of mine. My nails have always chipped and peeled and couldn't grow much past an 1/8". I definitely notice a difference in the strength of my nails - they aren't chipping, even when I remove the product for a couple days. It applies like a dream, like all OPI products, and seems to last without reapplying pretty well (I don't apply is as often as the bottle calls for). It was a little pricey, but it works great and I think it'll last for a while, so I won't have to replace it often. The matte really isn't matte, just less shiny, and it does provide a great basecoat. I'll be using this product for a long time I think.

on 3/9/2007 10:01:00 AM

Love this stuff! While I have and use the original Nail Envy, this is superior to me because it doesn't chip so quickly. The matte finish means it looks more natural and is a great "grabber" for polish.While it's pricey to me, it's worth it. A bottle lasts for a long time, and my nails don't peel when I keep a coat or two of this on them. Have repurchased more than once. continued >>

on 2/5/2007 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is meant for use as a treatment rather then a top/base. In the past I used the original formula and my nails were beautiful and grew long and strong. It also never peeled or chipped on me. I then grew to like the natural non-shiny look and decided to try this and seems to work pretty good. Although right now I'm using Barielle, which I'm still "testing" but seems to be working out pretty well so far (will review that one after a while of using it). But will repurchase either way.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Nail Envy! I'd give this 5 stars, but it doesn't seem so matte to me after a day or so--maybe it's the way NE wears on my nails. Still, I think it does make a difference; my nails don't seem to break, split or peel as much when I wear it, which is fantastic. I definitely would repurchase this, and have several times. However, I mix it up with the original, which is very shiny and glossy.

on 12/9/2006 4:30:00 PM

well, i think it is a good base, not sure i notice a difference in growth or protection though.

on 11/20/2006 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was recommended to me by a friend who used it for her husband, since it is matte. I did the same and when my husband and I have a special event, I clean up his nails and swipe one coat of Nail Envy Matte. It works great and it protects his thin nails from dings and scratches, which he is very prone to.

on 10/24/2006 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff i hate. I see no difference it the condiotion of my nails-in a good way-but now my nails have become yellow and disgusting. It could be something to do with wearing the color or having a mani all the time but i have my nails were in ok condition when i used this had it on my nails for two weeks-eeeewwweeeeee-when it came to taking it off, bright yellow nails. Gross. Im sure it works for other people, but the effects on my nails were pretty awful.

Top Rated OPI Products