December 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Nail Growth Miracle

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A little pricey for what I like to shell out for nails (around 8 or 9 dollars), but worth it. As a stressed out college student, my nails are GONE by the end of finals, no matter how much bitter stuff I put on them. This stuff WORKS, period. Since my nails are so short to begin with, I can tell they've grown after just a day or two, which is pretty impressive. I usually apply it every day instead of every other day, but that's just a habit from other SH treatments; it doesn't make them grow any faster. One bottle seems to last for several months, so all-in-all, unless you're putting big ol' globs on each nail, its actually not that expensive in the long run

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by pandabear33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been biting my nails since I was little, and whenever I get stressed out, this is the one habit I come back to over & over again. BUT, whenever I get tired of having nubs for fingernails & want long pretty nails back, I go out & purchase this. I usually use this in conjunction with Sally Hansen Maximum Growth topcoat, and a color in between the two. I can always trust that within as little as one week I'll start to see fresh growth and within 2, my nails are nice again! yay.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by MyOwnBeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a chronic nail biter/peeler and every time I want to recover I buy a bottle of this. Where I justify spending so much on this clear nail polish is once I put it on it smoothes out the layered look I've disgustingly given my nails. It's better to not get it on the skin surrounding the nail and put it on every other day, just like the bottle says. Will defenitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by italianbella54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive herd the great reviews on this product and ive always loved sally hansen products she has always been true to her name and ive never had a problem with any of her products ....i plan to buy this because im a terrible nail bitter and i bite my nails so far down that they bleed ewwwy grosss riteeeee

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sonic

I am a nail biter and I brought this 3 weeks ago and it has helped my nails improve so much. They got white tips and look average length that you cannot tell that I used to bite them before. As others have mentioned it gives that nice buff and shine look which is gorgeous. Also everytime I try and bite my nails my teeth hurt lol. They have just gone strong which is also good. I love this product and would definately buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Glamourbabyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about two weeks ago because I was tired of my nails being brittle, short and broken. After following the directions on the back of the bottle which say to apply every two days, I have noticed that my nails are much stronger and much longer than before. I also have noticed my nails are growing at a much faster rate even if I dont put the product on my nails every two days. If you have weak, brittle, short or broken nails, I definitely recommend buying this because in 5-8 days you will totally notice a difference. The big difference was seen in two weeks and so on.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by hanarox444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this polish looks nice on, it adds shine, without looking too obvious or fake. it starts to flake off on about the third day, which is probably why it says to reapply after two days. having used this polish for a while, following the instructions on the bottle, I have found my nails to be longer. it seems that they are growing at a faster rate then they do without this product, but the speed is not phenomonal. my nails do not appear to be very much stronger without the polish, but they have not gotten any weaker. i'm a big fan of polishes that dry fast, and this certainly does that. when I apply clear polish I sometimes can be a bit sloppy in my application- thinking "oh well, it's clear so it's hardly noticable and it'll peel off the skin once it's dry." I made the mistake of having this attitude with the nail growth miracle. my cuticles dried up very, very fast and began peeling within 24 hours, it was quite painful. I have since been careful to avoid getting any of this polish on my skin and have had no further issues with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by LaosyGirl

Makes for a HORRIBLE base coat (though I do know it's not primarily supposed to be a base coat) -- every time I use it as a base coat my paint chips quickly. Once it even chipped the same day I used it! Also does nothing to strengthen the nails -- I've had many a broken nail using this. Didn't notice much change in the rate of nail growth. I think I'm better off using a nail hardener or a regular base coat, because it's definitely not worth it to endure weak nails for only marginal length.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by swirrlygrrl

I bought this after reading several good reviews - I had been using Hard as Nails, and while it did help me grow out my nails, it had problems.

This product was three times the price as Hard as Nails, and far less effective. I found it chipped almost immediately upon application, and would continue to chip for the two days before the instructions told me to remove and reapply. It looked terrible, and because the tips of my nails continued to be exposed, they continued to break and thus did nothing to help growth.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by saigon1093

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product. Since I tend to bite my nails alot getting them to grow back can be quite a long process. I find this does make my nails grow faster then letting them do so naturally. It's a bit pricey but well worth it.