July 30, 2014 | 1821 users online

Lip Liners - Rimmel - 1000 Kisses Stay on Lip Liner - Wild Clover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a liner that I could wear on its own, just to accentuate my lips a little more without having to worry about colour. This one turned out to be perfect for my lips (my lips must be rather pink since other ppl haven't had the same results), once smudged in a little, and it did provide the definition that I wanted. It goes on pretty smoothly, no complaints there. How well it stays on, I'm not completely sure (I tend to forget about it once it's on!). I can't remember how much it cost, either, but it's Rimmel so I'd say it's fairly cheap. It's lasted me for months without ever nearing the end, as well.

The only problem with it so far is that the lid on the pencil has cracked a little, but that's a packaging concern.

ETA: if this is a YLBB for you, you might want to try a shade like Rimmel's Volume Boost Lipstick in "Hello!!" to go with it, that's what I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by etooz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so Wild Clover isn't a nude color on most people. On me, it comes out a nice, warm, flesh-toned color. I can't wear most nude colored lipliners, because they come out ashy grey on me. This is what I use in place of those. I love it with some blotted clear lip gloss over it. It's a very nice day look. This lipliner is nicer than most department store brands, I feel. I will rebuy this until the end of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lovekaj

I think this is a very good lipliner and cheap. I like the color Spice better, but this and wild clover are very similar and both are nice colors. The consistency, texture and coverage of these lipliners is very good and comparable to high end brands. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by blueMA

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just love the lipliner. The wild clover color isn't going to give a nude effect on your lips, but the color is absolutely wearable with healthy hint of rose mauve. When you wear it faintly using light strokes, your lips can look very natural (like a little kid's blushed lips) I have several of these lipliners lying around, and I've used them almost daily for the last few years! I even wore it on my wedding day so you get the point. I define my lip line and then fill in the color all over my lips lightely. Sometimes I use a lip balm over it if my lips are dry, but I usually skip the process (lip balms make me break out and causes loss of lipliner staying power). Definitely my favorite and it's so affordable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these pencils. I have tons of high and low end and these are one of my favorite and great quality. This particular color is wonderful. Its a medium pinky mauve and I can wear with with pinks, mauves or even my brightest red and it blends beautifully. Creamy, but not creamy enough to run all over the place. The price is perfect and this color is close to my natural shade of pink lips. Update 8-16-06 i still love these pencils and use them more then my mac, they are TRULY CREAMIER then mac and other high end brands I haev tried. I love pencils that aren't hard because they glide on with full color. love it! Update 7/25/09 years of using this, its still my favorite lip pencil of all time. Update 12/6/2011 still my favorite. I noticed they changed the name to clover instead of wild clover a few years back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is a pink-mauve liner.....but too mauvey for my taste & it makes my l/s or l/g look weird...i prefer SPICE over this.....i love the texture,pigment and price of rimmel's l/l though....will continue to buy these forever!!!

my current fav combo using this liner:

line lips w/ wild clover + revlon l/s in silver city pink + MK & A l/g in playful on top

and unfortunatley...its the only combo i can use with this liner...what a waste... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this. I use it every single day. It really looks like my natural lip color, just a tad more intense... (i have NC20 skin that is a fair olive, with green/hazel eyes and coppery-red hair). This is just a beautiful, natural pink. I don't really line my lips with it-- i sort of do, and then i smudge it all over my lips so it looks natural--a little lip balm over it and i'm good to go! Def. HG status for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Oboechic08

The only reason I'm giving this 2 lippies is because the color isn't bad at all. It's a muted pinky beige that is very close to my natural lip color which a bit more oomph. Anyways, this stuff breaks me out every time I use it. I don't line outside my lips at all, but I guess it gets in my pores anyhow because I end up with small pimples at the corners of my mouth. I'm sticking with my MAC lipliner which keeps me zit-free. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 11:44:00 PM More reviews by laru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use lipliner much, so I can't really compare this one against other liners but Wild Clover is a mauvy pink that is just about the same as my natural lip coloring, so I don't know how to did in terms of 'long wearing' or its ability to change a lipstick's color because I couldn't really tell when it was on. I was hoping that it would be more of a 'nude' color based on the reviews, but it was just straight up natural lips for me. Maybe I'll try a different color next time. Teh consistency of the liner is quite creamy and easy to apply, it doesn't tug and the pencil is soft. It's dirt cheap and the quality isn't too bad so if you see a nice color, you should definitely give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Splee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wear lip liner maybe once every two months, but when I do I reach for Wild Clover. To me it is the perfect nude colour with just a hint of pink/mauve and it not terribly dark (no ring around the mouth mmkay?) The texture is a tad dry, but I always layer a thick gloss on top of Wild Clover after lining and filling in my lips. The price is right too, under two bucks. The only lip liner Iíll ever need!