September 17, 2014 | 1282 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Narsaddict82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought Gilda at Nordstroms because Sephora doesn't carry it, fyi for those interested in buying it. I think Gilda is a really pretty color, similar to Gina but with more pinkish tones to it. Its matte and just like all Nars products, it goes on smoothly. This is definitely one of my top 5 favorite blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by nonliquet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Gilda holds HG status for me—perfect matte, pinky-apricot shade for my olive-tan skin tone. I’ve worn it almost every single day for almost a year and there’s barely a dent in it! For reference, I’m MAC NC37-42, LM t/m in Almond, LM mmu in Pure Honey, and Hard Candy t/m in Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by joycechau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a gorgeous colour - orangey pink colour. It looks so good on my yellow skin. Gina is a bit too orange on me but this is just the right shade. if you want a natural look, this would be the one! I think this shade suits anybody, so it's a safe shade. Top three of my favourite blush :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by nikkitries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i got this about two months ago and it has quickly become my favorite blush. i went in hoping to decide between gina and gilda but the ma told me right off that my pale warm toned skin would look better in gilda. (which is weird because i thought for sure those were the reasons i'd want gina!) she tried both on me and she was definitely right. gina made me look even paler and made me look yellow (maybe MORE yellow as i'm kinda yellow-tinged), but Gilda brightened up my complexion and made my hazel eyes pop! This is a beautiful peachy, corally blush that has a matte finish. i like pairing it with albatross highlighter (sometimes mac by candlelight) to add my own shimmer as i prefer shimmer to matte blushes. definitely recommend to fair to medium tones with warm undertones!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of the best blushes I have ever had. It's right up there with the rest of my NARS blushes. I am tanned skinned (MAC NC42/43) and I prefer matte blushes over shimmers. Reason being, I use highlighters and I put shimmer where I want it not where the blush dictates it's gonna go. I was tempted to get Orgasm, I was tempted to get Torrid (which is the tanned/dark skinned girls "orgasm") but...I didn't want the shimmer, so I went to the NARS site to look for an alternative. I found that Torrid said "Coral with shimmer" and I saw Gilda that said "Coral." Since I knew it was a matte blush, I felt I had to get it. It gives me the Kardashian look (I got a weird feeling those girls are about NC35-40 and at NC42...what they use on their face may be a little off on mine since I am a tad darker) without much guess work. I use this everyday. HG blush for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and I'm so happy I did! Perfect shade for summer! It's a nice change though no glitter chunks in it which is nice. This does look a bit scary in the pan but it looks beautiful on my skin! Don't judge it before trying it! I'm NC40 and this blush gives me a nice healthy glow. I apply this best with a Mac 116 blush brush and a light hand. Nars packaging does suck because the compact ends up looking so dirty, but it's on the inside what counts so I can deal! Another winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous peachy blush, less orangey than Gina which is why I bought it, which makes me look nice and healthy and glowing! It's a change from the typical red coloured blush and is lovely for summer. As always great quality blusher from nars. And there are no sparkles woo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gratis and when I looked at it, I thought Whoa, Orange! Also, it's matte and I prefer shimmery. So I just let it sit in my Warehouse 13 make-up drawer.

The other day, I was experimenting with new colors. I picked this up and decided to give it a try. I used my bronzer brush, tapped the excess off, and gently patted it on my cheeks. Well, what do you know. I was perfectly delighted with it. i got a lovely, delicate color. More coral than orange, and perfectly wearable. Mind you, I used it VERY sparingly. It was enough.

Talk about not judging stuff by the looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

I love Nars's matte formulas because it is so silky it doesn't feel like powder! Gilda is a cheery coral colour with more pink in it than Gina.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by clarisseqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Gilda when Applied lightly might be natural looking but had to apply it heavily for my daughter's recital and it was too orangy! I used orgasm instead and (btw orgasm looked perfect on my daughter's NC35-37 skin but not on me I'm NC37 it makes my blemishes more pronounced) Also it was manufactured 2 years ago 2008 and it smells like "forgotten old makeup" I compared the smell with Nars O and it smells different!!!! The Nars O was manufacturted 2009. Is it really ok for them to sell 2 year old makeup? It seems too long. Called customer service and they said their blushes can last up to 5-6 years on the shelves which I doubt! and this person over the phone doesn't even know about the open jar logo when we asked about it.