January 30, 2015 | 1530 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this mascara. I have stick straight Asian lashes that fall down as soon as non-waterproof mascara is applied. But this one really holds a curl on me and holds it all day. The effect is "natural" looking and soft. My eyes look dolly-like but not overdone dolly. Adds a bit of length as well and a teensy bit of volume, but don't expect a whole lot of oomph. It's just a very nice everyday-feel-pretty mascara. I actually love layering another mascara on top because my curl doesn't fall down and I can really build up big, thick eyelashes.

But it does smudge at the end of hot + particularly oily days. It's not super waterproof. I've worn this through a day of mild river rafting and had smudges underneath my eyes at the end of it.

It's easier to take off compared to most waterproof mascaras but still not super easy. I find lashes on my make up wipes. That would be the minus 1 lippie.

One of my favorite drugstore mascaras though and I would continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lavinianguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

First off, definitely NOT for ladies who are looking for TONS of volumizing. Just want to get that straight before people buy it, use it then give it bad reviews for the wrong reasons.
This mascara lengthens your lashes like there's no tomorrow. I have the typical short, stick-straight and sad looking Asian lashes and with this on, I actually look like I have lashes for once in my 20 years of existence. Also, this defines and separates your lashes like c r a z y . When I was applying this, there were moments that I asked myself: "Is that a clump I see there on my lashes?" and then with one brush, this mascara reassured me: "No girl, just your trauma after the Colossal." You have to know, most volumizing mascaras are clumpy ones and clumpy mascaras are NO-GOs for me. But you know, being a girl, you want everythang! So when I read "full, thick, healthy-looking lashes" on the package, I was like: "Healthy-looking? Isn't that like no volume at all?". But after the very first application, I was like thanks heaven lord, yes, this DOES give me volume. Though only within the natural-looking limit, it still makes your lashes look thick and full while at the same time, fans them out, giving you wispy and luscious lashes. If you're into natural makeup like me, this is definitely for you as it will give you that your-lashes-but-better look, just like Maybelline's slogan "Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline.", which is cleverly printed on the package under the tube.
Overall, this is a good mascara, does what it says. But please remember to curl your lashes, because after you apply it on, the mascara pretty much stays that way ALL DAY. And don't nobody want their lashes to be long and full but unfortunately stick-straight just because they forget to curl their lashes like I did, okay?
This is for now the one and only mascara for me. After that clump mess Colossal, trust me I know that volumizing is sooo not my thing. Anyway, I hope this review help some of you out. Have a good day!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like the idea of my lashes look full and feel soft. too bad on me it didnt give me so much fullness, but yes my lashes feel soft. i like mascara that gives me more dramatic result. this one is ok for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that this is not the most eye catching out of all the Maybelline mascaras with a gray/silver tube and simple black lettering (which is why it will get a three for packaging), but don't let that fool you into thinking that it is no good at all. In fact, Full 'N Soft provides several benefits such as:

1.) It darkens lashes
2.) It adds length
3.) It holds a curl
4.) It does not flake

However, this mascara is not as smuge resistant as it claims. By the end of an ten+ hour school day (FYI: I wake up at 5:00 a.m so I can catch my bus at 6 and then if I don't have any meetings or extraciricular activities I get to my bus stop around 2 to then walk to my house), I have a raccon eye going on. Also, this mascara forms tiny little clumps if I try to add more than two coats to my lashes that I fix by running a brow comb through it.

Overall, it was a good value for the inexpensive price but I don't think I will repurchase because this certainly won't last through wet weather or any physical activities that causes you to sweat.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looked lovely on application. Alas it smudged by midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by marzipanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG mascara. I'm a makeup junkie with no brand loyalty whatsoever, but I never go anywhere without a spare tube of Full 'n Soft handy. I would cry if they discontinued it.

I have fine, straight lashes that are easily weighed down by clumpy formulas or will form three giant lashes with the wrong brand. With the help of a lash curler, Full n Soft keeps my lashes full and curled all day long. It layers well, especially after a couple uses, and never gets clumpy even as you build on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara does live up to its name. It's soft and full, but more so if you use more than one coat. It holds a curl better than anything I've ever used and it survives tears without running or flaking. If you sleep with it on it will hold the curl, but there will be a bit of flaking right under the eyes. If you wear it in the shower the curl will go and there will be some flaking. My preferred method of getting it off is hot water combined with makeup remover. It doesn't come off in two seconds, but again this is waterproof. This mascara has become one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I flat out don't like this.

I find that it did nothing to add volume to my lashes. Now, it did leave them fairly soft but that was it. There are so many products out there that are better for long, thick lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The formula and bushy, but not too bushy, brush are good for my sparse, thin, asian lashes. No clumps or smudging, and leaves my eyes more noticeable. This mascara is good for a done up daytime look, may be good for a night time look if you pile it on but I haven't tried to do that yet. Best Maybelline (or any other brand of) mascara I have used so far. Next time I might try the non-waterproof one just so I can have a more gentler mascara that washes off quicker with less lash loss. Not sure if that one will smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I used to really enjoy this mascara.

I like this better than Lancome Hypnose. I use with Dior Lash Pumping serum and it looks like I have falsies on. Doesn't clump and makes lashes really full and long. They really are soft too. I just recently tried Jordana and think the two are VERY similar, except the Jordana isn't waterproof.

Both of these are amazing mascaras