November 21, 2014 | 1773 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by SilverRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

From using raw Manuka honey to Strivectin to LaMer, I tried probably everything there is in order to keep my skin healthy, clear and fight signs of aging. I used to LOVE the original Strivectin and recently bought 5 tubes for 29 bucks each at TJ Max. However, I was under the impression that you could still re-order the cream even though it isn't advertised on Strivectin's website. I ended up returning since I want a product I can ALWAYS use.
My last skin regimen was just extra virgin olive oil (don't get me wrong it worked great but I would still break out every once while).
Then I came across a site called Paula's choice and researched EVERY anti-aging cream and to my surprise MAC's Strobe cream got a fantastic score "best" in the anti-aging/moisturizer category. Went to Nordstroms and bought the Strobe cream the same day as well as Studio Fix (my daily powder/make up in NC 20) and the cleasing wipes (they also got the "best" rating on Paula's site).
I have been using Strobe cream for a little over a week, First I thought that my skin would be to dry and I needed additional moisture; but no Strobe worked great,
I know it sounds silly but my "test" if I like a cream or not is to get "rid" of my blackheads and any little pimples I can see and then putting my newest buy over all the red dots I end up with due to my 'popping", in this case it was the Strobe cream.
Well, the next morning my skin looked great, sure a few red marks were still visible but barely.
I do use quite a bit though. My tube is half empty (went a bit overboard thinking that more is better, but not always). Use about 3 pea sized squirts and massage it into my face and neck when it is still moist from the cleasing cloths.
I found my new favorite. The subtle glow is perfect, my fine lines are almost gone and my face feels nourished.
I got Radiesse injected for the first time on Friday (my nasolabial folds were just to deep, no over the counter product could have fixed it) and put Strobe cream over my swollen and sore face; felt great.
Sorry for such a long review but once I find something that works I get pretty excited !!!
PS: After about 3 days I had some white hard and tiny "pimples" around my eye lids as well as a bit of peeling but this time I stuck with using Strobe instead of switchig and now my face is crystal clear, glowing and my pores seem to have shrunk as well.
I don't use Strobe cream as a highliter but soley as an anti-aging/moisturizer and as I said it works wonders. Going to get 2 more of each, the cleasing cloths and the Strobe ceram (but this time I will be a bit more conservative while applying). STROBE ROCKS !!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok,well I'd just thought I'd add my two cents on here and say this is amazing it Definitely brings dreary skin to life I'm a dry skin Sufferer and this adds a nice subtle glow without been to over the top shiny it just leaves my skin looking really clear more even toned and overall healthy and more youthful I layer this on top of my regular cream and it Definitely makes a difference its a steal at the price you get a lot in and you only need a little amount dry skin ladies need to get this:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chasiny

I use this item every time I do makeup. After skincare, I put MAC strobe cream on my face, and it's moisturizing and pearling. I started to use this item 4 years ago, that was my first time to use foundation. Before I had used BB from Korea, but the color liked gray so I decided to change my face makeup items. I went MAC store and the artist applied on my face and it was good. The pearl was soft, and it made my skin to moisturize.
I buy this 2 times a year, and it always perfect to my face. Sometime, I use after foundation, for highlight, but using as highlight, you have to attention of the moisture. The moisturized texture can remove your foundation so be careful during use on foundation.

This item is always on my makeup box and will do forever. Thank you :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Strobe cream is my secret weapon when my face is dull and dry, especially so during the colder months of winter and autumn. It perks up my complexion by adding hydration, luminosity, and providing a beautiful glow without glitter. I mix a pea size amount into my regular SPF face lotion to add illumination followed by my regular face make-up. Strobe cream never interferes with any of my SPF creams or make-up and also contains antioxidants too. It's a little pricy, but very little product is needed and a travel size tube (30 ml/1.0 fl oz) will last me easily two to three years.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I only bought the travel-sized version of Strobe Cream, because I broke out like crazy the first time I used it. I see why people like it, but unfortunately this product is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really is beautiful. It's smooth and got the nicest sheen. It's not super duper costly either. My issue with this product is the smell. It's very odd. It gives me a headache. I don't want to give this cream a bad rating though cause it performs well. If you can handle the scent and have normal to dry skin this is for you. It does take a little while for this to absorb if you use it as an all over moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 2 weeks regularly now, and can already see and feel a huge difference in my skin. I have no more dry patches, and my skin remains hydrated throughout the day. Finally a cream that works! I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm really liking this! it's marketed as a moisturizer, but since I don't need much hyydration, I use it as an illuminator. I apply a pea size amount all over my face before foundation and it helps my foundation go on smoother and gives a nice glow-not oily or glittery. Sometimes I apply Strobe cream and nothing else to give my face a glow.

I'm NC30 Asian with yellow undertones and normal skin type.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sowmyamnv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Mac mua talked me into buying this product...i am nc42-44 range...when i applied this cream all over my face, i kind of ended up looking ashy..so i figured i shudnt do that..instead i applied only on the bridge of the nose, cheeks and chin..and i looked soo cool! i loved the look..it is a gud cream if used sparingly and cleverly just to highlight..as one tube lasts really long, i wudnt mind buying it again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this product a lot, I don't love it but I probably WOULD buy it again. I don't know if that makes sense... I use this product every day and I would want to continue using but it doesn't make such a huge difference to my face that I would miss it dearly if I didn't buy it again.

This cream looks very shimmery when it first comes out of the tube but it blends nicely and evenly to look like a dewy glow. I've found that if you spend a good amount of time blending it, the effect is more natural. I was surprised to find that a hydrating cream that promises to give glow hasn't exacerbated my very oily skin. (Hurrah!) I would recommend this to someone who is stuck in the same position as I am; I am oily/acne-prone and therefore like to use a very matte, full-coverage foundation but still wants that kinda natural look so by using strobe cream (obviously nowhere near the areas that I normally get oily (apples of cheeks, chin, t-zone and nose)) I feel that my face has more definition and glow to it. To combat such a matte base, I use strobe cream and bronzer to put shape back into my face.
Strobe cream on the very top of my cheek bones, cupid's bow, the tiniest smidge on the bridge of my nose and browbones. Bronzer for under cheekbones, sides of my nose and under the jawline.

Also, I put this on AFTER foundation just so it is a bit more prominent. When I used it underneath foundation, I found that the effect was lost and pointless.

The tube is efficient and clean, no germy brush on the end. The packaging works well for it's purpose as you barely need any!

I would repurchase this again but I would be open to trying similiar products from other brands. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for the same benefits as I am and who doesn't mind spending 22.50 on it, which isn't bad considering I think this will last me 6 months+.