MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

on 2/1/2013 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent product for highlings eyes, cheekbones and eyebrows! Also very versatile and a nice satin finish...not too shiny (can work with oily skin) and not glittery, which is great for me! Such a lovely colour aswell as it can suit anything! I team it with the "fireside" mineralize m.a.c eyeshadow (deep purple and brown shade) and it really makes green/hazel eyes pop :)

on 1/20/2013 12:26:00 PM

I gave into the hype of this. + I was looking for a light pink shade. And I am not dissapointed. I love using it over rubenesque PP. Just a nice everyday colour.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This looks far too shimmery and cool toned on me. I prefer Bobbi Brown's Petal Shimmer eye shadow. I have used this a couple times, and it just never seems to look right. Maybe it just looks better on people who are not as pale?

on 1/5/2013 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

At first I thought Naked Lunch looked too much like e/s I already had, like Jest, or L'oreal Infallible in Iced Latte, or Maybelline's Barely Beige CT, or UD Sin, etc. But I've realized that some of those pearly champagnes can be over the top for work (esp Iced Latte, which I LOVE). The subtle shimmer in NL is perfect for work; it's a more casual but still glam neutral shade that complements most crease colors and pulls a look together with little effort. I usually pat it all over the mobile lid and use a taupe in the crease (or any of the med-deep shades from Naked 1 & 2).

on 1/4/2013 11:09:00 PM

My only brow highlighter for going out! I can wear it with browns, blues, greens to violets....and anything in between.

I have been wanting to buy Naked Lunch for about a year but I kept seeing reviews saying that it is very similar to Jest, which I already had, and that it's not worth purchasing both. I could not disagree more. I am a bit of a MAC addict but I definitely think that they are different enough to justify owning both. Jest is more pink/peachy and it gives a different effect. Because Naked Lunch is pretty close to my skintone (NC20) it shows up as a nudey-beige with gorgeous shimmer that almost looks wet. So, if you are an addict like myself I think that is definitely worth purchasing both if you already have Jest, but if you are on a budget and have to choose just one, I would choose Naked Lunch! My favorite way to wear it is as a wash with Era or Cork in the crease, and a little Vanilla to highlight. I typically don't like shimmer in my highlights but this could be the one exception. It isn't light enough to be worn as a highlight by itself on my complexion, which is why I add the Vanilla. I can't say enough good things about this eyeshadow and I highly recommend! Also, I did not have any texture issues that many other people have mentioned. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

A simple, yet very pretty eyeshadow by MAC. Described as a pink champagne frost, it is the exact color of my fair skin tone, so I really like to wear this as an all over color for a natural look. It is very shimmery, which for me can go on either beautifully or patch-y. Very pigmented and a little goes a long way - I really only need a swipe or two of this on my brush and voila! Instant glam!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow, I've repurchased it numerous times. It's a great colour for all over the eye or as a highlight in the inner corners. I love it with Tempting or Satin Taupe but it looks great with all browns and greys really, sooo versatile! My favourite thing to do with it is put it all over the lid, on top of Painterly paint pot with some black liner; really simple but striking.

on 10/16/2012 7:14:00 AM

Naked Lunch is such a lovely, rosy-golden color with a frost finish. Used in a thin layer over an eyeshadow base it almost looks like the lids are wet, that's how fine the finish is. It looks great with practically any brown/bronzy/greyish shade.
It really makes my eyes look more awake and fresh when used on the inner part of the eye. I also love to use it on it's own with just Mascara.
It'd also make a great highlighter on darker skin tones!
Color payoff and pigmentation are great.

Naked Lunch is a pink frosty color and it's just gorgeous on the lid. It doesn't make it look like you have a bruise on your eye unlike other pink eyeshadows. It actually adds a great highlight to the lid! It can be cumbersome to get enough product on the brush but it's still a really great product!