April 18, 2014 | 2002 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee456

This is my favorite daytime lip treatment. It's waxy so it doesn't wear off easily and it makes my lips feel soft and moisturized. It goes on completely clear, just gives a little bit of a sheen but hardly noticeable. Smells slightly of vanilla. Packaged in a twist-up plastic tube so very practical to pop in a pocket or bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Anixiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only lip balm that i can find that keeps my lips smooth and plumped. I bought this when a part of my lip kept cracking, after using this the crack has healed quickly and hasn't reoccurred so far. It doesn't "wash away" after a drink or even a few drinks. I don't have to reapply until several hours later. I can apply loads before going to bed and when I wake up the lips still feel very smooth and protected. The slight vanilla taste is not intrusive. Very good value for $8!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by xXsesorderXx

I bought eye gel from the TBS and the SA persuade me to sign for their membership, before i said no she told me that if i sign the membership ill have 10% for the product ill buy and free vitamin E lip care treatment.
So i gave it a try and its way way much better than my old lip balm.
and so more it has SPF double protection for my cracked lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like to try out different lip balms all the time - i got this one for day to day use. Its nice to apply - smooth & not too greasy.No real taste/smell from it.I always like a tube lip balm too , its cleaner & easier to apply.Your lips do need to be in good condition beforehand or it will show up all the little flakies/bits. I paid 5.99euros here in Ireland.EDIT: im pretty sure this is causing spotds/zits around my mouth as it is clogging the pores along my lip line.Its going in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by sorichsopretty

wow, seriously i don't get why everyone is so obsessed with the price. it's not that expensive, i mean $8 is literally nothing... if you compare to the crème de la mer lip balm it's very cheap. anyways even if it were expensive it's totally worth it, it's amazing lip balm and smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by helloraine

Lately i have been getting really dry chappy lips. So I decided to invest in this product because someone recommended it. I just bought it today and i have to say its one of the best lip care treatment i tried so far. It definately treats my chapped lips. Although it's quite expensive its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Anassa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only lip balm I buy - it works perfectly and I like the smell! And, unlike others I've tried, my lips don't become 'addicted' to it so that they constantly need more to keep them dry. It is a little pricey but lasts so long that it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

A good lip balm if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive! I got this as a gift, but I personally won't buy this because there other lip balms that I can get for a fraction of the price. NOT worth the money.

Edit: I've come to like this lip balm more with the warming weather because it's not sticky or greasy. Good for under lipstick/gloss. But the price is still steep regardless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent lip balm; it goes on smoothly and leaves my lips feeling moisturized (though if you suffer from super chapped lips, it might not be moisturizing enough for you). The scent/taste of this is so mild that I don't even notice it. It's great for everyday wear; I put it on under all my lippies for its SPF protection. I put that I would repurchase it, because I would if it weren't for the price. I really like it, but I'm sure there are cheaper options out there that are just as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by EurasianMelange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best lip balms I have tried so far. I always have very chapped lips, so I have tried a lot of lip balms and chap sticks that others said were amazing and they did not really work for me... I was hoping to buy the shea butter lip balm, but it was sold out and my current lip balm had run out so I grabbed what was available (this lip balm).

It is a little expensive, but for someone who is constantly having to deal with the discomfort of rough, dry, sore lips I think it is worth it.

It has quite a strong smell and although I normally do not like any kind of artificial scent in lip balms, it smells just like incense. So although it is annoying to have such a strong smell, it reminds me of nice, calm, relaxing things. Also, my husband likes the smell, so he does not refuse to kiss me with this lip balm. LOL

It goes onto my lips very easily. You can feel it there on your lips, but it is not one of those thick, slimy I-feel-like-I-rubbed-my-face-in-jam lip balms that only sit on your lips and do nothing beneficial. With this lip balm my lips do still get slightly chapped, but so far this one has been the best at keeping my lips soft (despite some creasing) and preventing them from getting completely chapped.

Normally when a lip balm does not feel slimy it feels hard and waxy and maybe even feels as if it has grains of sand in it. Not so with this one. I was pleasantly surprised with the texture as I have come to expect either slimy or hard and grainy textures. To me, the texture of this is just right. Neither too liquid or too solid, not like goo and not like a lump of wood covered in sandpaper.

I have also found that with this lip balm, I do not have to apply it as often. Perhaps a maximum of four times a day to keep my lips feeling soft and moisturised. With others I found myself applying every half an hour because my lips began to feel rough and dry despite already having lip balm on.

This lip balm is not perfect for everybody, but it is definitely the best lip balm that I have tried.