September 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by aceybabe

I'm with you eletroheart I do not get this fragrance at all. Foolishly I bought this from smelling it from the bottle and it was in a gift pack for Xmas. I wore it for the second time tonight and I couldn't wait to get home and shower. Sweet, cloying and cheap sums it up. I almost felt like standing a little further apart from people at this party it was so hideous. Now even after I've showered I can still smell it. When will it end! Will give this away tomorrow to someone..anyone. Try this in your skin guys and see if you can sit with it for the whole day. Be warned, it's as subtle as a gun and it may just drive you nuts..in a bad way.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Sweetc509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this perfume. Very seductive !!
I would definitely repurchase this in my entire life!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by dragana97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this on once at a high end store and initially wasn't expecting much, I didn't find the bottle to be attractive and I just didn't think it would be a fragrance I would like. Once I sprayed it on myself though, I was automatically hypnotised, the smell is so exquisite, for some reason I even felt empowered! I automatically fell in love with it, even the bottle was somehow instantly attractive. I have a hard time finding perfume that I do not get tired of quickly yet the vanilla and the cedar in this just get me every time and make me realise why I love this so much! I prefer to wear this during the night time however I have no reservations about wearing every day, it's one of those perfumes that becomes a signature and you become known for. I also like how it stays on for a long long time, even after I have a shower I can often still smell it on my skin and although it is quite expensive, I would definitely say worth the money considering that I do not need to reapply it throughout the day and the bottle lasts a long time. So so good, go out and get it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

I'm sorry. I can't believe the rave reviews this stuff gets, because honestly, the first time I smelled it, it made me want to barf. Cloying, synthetic, fake vanilla, and, forgive me, a slightly..."unclean" quality. This perfume smells dirty. Got a bottle from a friend who knew nothing of my tastes. Sometimes for sh*ts 'n' gigs I shove the bottle under my nose, inhale, and gag. I never spray it, on my skin or anywhere near me. Bottle is tacky as f*** also.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

My favorite nighttime perfume. It smells like smoke, tobacco, vanilla, musk, leather, a hint of jasmine...overall like danger and mystery. It stays on me for an impressively long time, so I don't have to reapply - very handy, when all I carry is a tiny clutch.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I though this perfume was "the one". How wrong I was...first and foremost the scent does not stick to me no matter where I spray it (hair, back of neck, behind ears, knees, elbows, clothes...I've sprayed it everywhere and it will not stick) To have an expensive EDT that does not last on me for more than 30 mins is worthless. Secondly, I think they vanilla can be cloying. It's not something I want to smell when I wake up in the mornings so I think it's best suited for night time (for me at least). At this point I can't return it and can't afford another HE perfume so I will just use this up and never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the scent that single-handedly turned me into an oriental/gourmand fiend 8 years ago. The dense, bitter-sweet, coconut-but-not creaminess of the juice was addictive, and I wore it almost exclusively for years before I finally got tired of it.
I recently went to purchase it in the newer formulation and was slightly disappointed by the topnotes (itís lost some of that smooth buttery richness in the start) but make no mistake Ė most of it still smells darned good. In fact, Iíd forgotten how good until I wore it next to some other sweet ďEDPsĒ, which fell apart and faded over the next hour on my dry skin, while HP (EDT) hung on and just got warmer and more luscious. After MANY hours, it eventually dies down to a seductive, creamy skin-musk. The name is perfect because thereís a dark and dangerous edge combined with a comforting warmth.

Itís been almost 15 years and HP is still completely relevant today, especially with the ongoing trend for sweet foody fragrances. Even my DH, who hates most vanillas, loves this. (It reminds him of cream sodas and root beer floats.) That said, I donít see everyone liking this because itís NOT a girly-girl scent.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by shells2grlz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Oriental Vanilla. I have a hard time finding vanilla perfumes that aren't overly sweet or too young. The SA at Sephora introduced me to this gem. It smells amazing! vanilla, almonds, a bit of coconut, jasmine,Oh my..My only regret is that I wish I would have found it sooner. HG status for me and that's saying alot because I'm very picky about fragrance.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lionz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dark and mystical and warm, without being overpowering. Vanilla/almond-ish. My official fall/winter scent. There's really no other perfume like it. I think it's iconic.
I only have one complaint- I didn't wear it all summer, so when I wore it for the first time in months, I thought someone literally peed in the bottle because it had this undertone of urine. But I googled this and it seems like it's common. I just had to swish it around a bit and it's getting better.
Still, even with the slight cat-piss odor that arises after about a year, I love this scent, and it evokes so many good wintery memories.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by stls

On my skin it's too linear. Only almonds and vanilla, doesn't change as time goes by. Dare I say... it grows even stronger..? Silage is almost scary. Lasting power? Couldn't be any better! Not a fave though.