October 24, 2014 | 1008 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by riri92000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a couple of months now and I'm not quite sure I like it, as a cleanser that is. It's a little bit drying for everyday use, it leaves my skin very tight and flaking around my brows, temple, cheeks and mouth.

But, this is completly AMAZING in the shower it's probably better than any peeling product I've ever tried. I don't know how but this cleans out your pores like no ones buisness if used like I do in the shower.

First I wait until I'm almost entirely done with my shower and then while stile running how water I massage this into my skin, it feels like silk and starts to foam a little and then you will feel the grit and junk leaving your pores and start to buildup between your fingers, rinse your hands and repeat. Nothing and I truly mean NOTHING is this succesful at cleaning out my pores and considering this feels so soft and great at the same time without any harsh, grains and beads I get absolutly in awe about how this is miles better than any other peeling I've ever tried. No more harsh scrubbing this is my new holy grail peeling.

Oh, I use the one for oily, blemish-prone skin.

******Edit*******
Have been using this product for a couple of months now and I'm sad to say that the "peeling effect" it once had on my skin has now decreased. It doesn't cleanse like it used to even though I've tried doubling and tripling the amount of product. I have no idea why but I'm quite sad about, I quess it was to good to be true.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used and loved this cleanser for a while. It removed all my makeup and my acne-prone skin cleared up a lot, which I attributed to the lactic acid. However, I recently repurchased a new bottle and was sad to see it was reformulated. It's now extremely drying and makes my eyes turn red and sting, plus the lactic acid has been removed. The new ingredients are: Water (aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Cetrimonium Bromide, Green 5 (CI 61570), Disodium EDTA, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Fragrance (parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Zinc Gluconate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

I gave this product another try as I found it too drying in the past. I've recently been experiencing some hormonal acne/oily skin and decided to give this another try. After a few days of use I am impressed. My pores are smaller, my breakouts are drying up and my skin is significantly less oily. I love the smell of this product and the look of it in my bathroom. I will mention that my skin also looks lighter in color, I don't know if that is the BHA's lightening my skin. I use this in conjunction with my Neostrata toning solution and 5% glycolic renewal as I regularly use but the cleanser has made a huge difference in drying up my acne. Not sure how this will fare as my skin gets dryer going into the wintertime but for now, it is my solution.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by tammy1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

one of the most gentle washes ever.im allergic to bare products.but im not allergic to this :).well happy.what a gentle but effective wash.love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by CassiaPercival

This is my HG facial cleanser. I've tried other cleansers and I just keep on running back to this one! I just can't help it... it's just that amazing.
I have sensitive, combination/oily, acne/blemish prone skin with allot of large and clogged pores, it's a nightmare! I've tried almost every cleanser available in my local stores and none of them compare to this one.

Avéne Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser cleans DEEP, even lifting away gunk from my pores! This little beauty also helps reduce redness straight away and clears up my blemishes almost instantly (from my experience).
You expect this to be slightly drying on the skin but it isn't! It gives a squeaky clean feeling without the tightness! Amazing!

I've been searching for my HG cleanser to royally sort out my skin ever since I can remember... FINALLY, I've found it! and it really makes a enormous difference to my skin!

Avéne... I LOVE YOU!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Jaannl

I have stocked up many bottles for myself! Works well in it's price range, I used it alternate with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (Cetaphil for AM and Avene for PM) so that my skin wouldn't be tight and uncomfortable which in turn produces more oil. It has never broke me out, I have very oily and acne-prone skin. So far, I feel that it's the best in it's price range! Worth to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by DianaF61

This products works wonders! It's the ONLY product i've tried, that keeps my skin clear without breakouts for months.
It is very gentle, yet very effective. I use the toner aswell and it works refreshing and keeps my skin matte.
Just bought the Spring Water Spray which i'll start using, but i personally think the spray is really really pricy.
The gel cleanser, however isn't pricy at all and you only need a very small amount to cover the whole face.

I've recommend this to some of my friends, who has acne and they really can't thank me enough for recommending it :-)
I'm surprised this isn't more famous than it is. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I've been using this since I was a teenager, though at some point I got a bit fed up with it for no reason (I just wanted a change I suppose...) and tried Clinique's 3 step for oily skin - crap!! It really irritated my skin, lots and lots of spots non-stop, and then I decided to go back to my beloved Avene, and it didn't disappoint: My skin was back to normal in no time, and I decided never to change again! It really costs peanuts compared to other brands, and it really feels like you are doing something good for your skin when you use it - you know, this 'aaah' feeling you get from some skincare products? :-) I absolutely adore it. If you have acne-prone skin like me, seriously, this is the brand for you. And you won't spend a fortune either!
EDIT: Something broke me out recently (I changed my cleanser the last 2 months to Avene's mattifying foam and my skin probably did not like it...) so I went back to this again: The first time I used it, little pimples disappeared OVERNIGHT and I am not kidding: WIthin 2 days of using it, my skin is back to normal. Really essential product for distressed skin/skin that reacts easily! I don't think I will change it ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

3/5/2013 UPDATE this is still the best face wash I've been using. My skin hasn't acclimatized to it so the previous effects still work on my face. Really loving this.

3/4/2013 I've been using this for almost a week now and am very surprised that there are effects on my spots already. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin.

Day1: Major cluster breakout (give or take 9 spots) on right cheek. 2 spots under nose. 1 on left cheek.
Day 2: Redness dramatically reduced and pain in all spots greatly reduced.
Day 3: Cluster reduced, and individual spots have "hardened" with white tops. 2 spots still under nose but less painful and reducing in size. 1 on left cheek less painful.
Day 4: Cluster has almost disappeared save 1-3 spots. Spots under nose are almost flat. 1 on left cheek drained out.
Day 5: Cluster is all gone save some scarring. Spots under nose flat but some redness. 1 on left cheek has scabbed.
Day 6 (today!): All spots gone and flat. Redness almost non-existent. Rest of skin feels lovely.

I use this with my clarisonic at night, and on its own in the day time. It felt strong at first, but that's because I was being too generous with the amount I used. You really don't have to use much, a little goes a long way. I wish I had discovered this years ago. It might have saved me the trouble, time and money from visiting dermatologists and experimenting with so many useless products.

It may be a bit pricey but it seems like it'll last awhile. For those in Singapore, buy it from Guardian, Watsons or Robinsons when they're having their promotions. Sometimes they have a 2 for 1 special, or they throw in a Thermal Water Spray FOC.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I have sensitive skin. Which is not apparent because on most days, it's kind of alright and smooth-ish but oily at the end of the day with some tiny bumps.

This breaks me out so bad I thought I was gonna have pizza face. Out~