September 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless their skin was severely oily. This made my combination skin feel super dry and uncomfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by tammy1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

one of the most gentle washes ever.im allergic to bare products.but im not allergic to this :).well happy.what a gentle but effective wash.love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by CassiaPercival

This is my HG facial cleanser. I've tried other cleansers and I just keep on running back to this one! I just can't help it... it's just that amazing.
I have sensitive, combination/oily, acne/blemish prone skin with allot of large and clogged pores, it's a nightmare! I've tried almost every cleanser available in my local stores and none of them compare to this one.

Avéne Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser cleans DEEP, even lifting away gunk from my pores! This little beauty also helps reduce redness straight away and clears up my blemishes almost instantly (from my experience).
You expect this to be slightly drying on the skin but it isn't! It gives a squeaky clean feeling without the tightness! Amazing!

I've been searching for my HG cleanser to royally sort out my skin ever since I can remember... FINALLY, I've found it! and it really makes a enormous difference to my skin!

Avéne... I LOVE YOU!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Jaannl

I have stocked up many bottles for myself! Works well in it's price range, I used it alternate with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (Cetaphil for AM and Avene for PM) so that my skin wouldn't be tight and uncomfortable which in turn produces more oil. It has never broke me out, I have very oily and acne-prone skin. So far, I feel that it's the best in it's price range! Worth to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by DianaF61

This products works wonders! It's the ONLY product i've tried, that keeps my skin clear without breakouts for months.
It is very gentle, yet very effective. I use the toner aswell and it works refreshing and keeps my skin matte.
Just bought the Spring Water Spray which i'll start using, but i personally think the spray is really really pricy.
The gel cleanser, however isn't pricy at all and you only need a very small amount to cover the whole face.

I've recommend this to some of my friends, who has acne and they really can't thank me enough for recommending it :-)
I'm surprised this isn't more famous than it is. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I've been using this since I was a teenager, though at some point I got a bit fed up with it for no reason (I just wanted a change I suppose...) and tried Clinique's 3 step for oily skin - crap!! It really irritated my skin, lots and lots of spots non-stop, and then I decided to go back to my beloved Avene, and it didn't disappoint: My skin was back to normal in no time, and I decided never to change again! It really costs peanuts compared to other brands, and it really feels like you are doing something good for your skin when you use it - you know, this 'aaah' feeling you get from some skincare products? :-) I absolutely adore it. If you have acne-prone skin like me, seriously, this is the brand for you. And you won't spend a fortune either!
EDIT: Something broke me out recently (I changed my cleanser the last 2 months to Avene's mattifying foam and my skin probably did not like it...) so I went back to this again: The first time I used it, little pimples disappeared OVERNIGHT and I am not kidding: WIthin 2 days of using it, my skin is back to normal. Really essential product for distressed skin/skin that reacts easily! I don't think I will change it ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

3/5/2013 UPDATE this is still the best face wash I've been using. My skin hasn't acclimatized to it so the previous effects still work on my face. Really loving this.

3/4/2013 I've been using this for almost a week now and am very surprised that there are effects on my spots already. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin.

Day1: Major cluster breakout (give or take 9 spots) on right cheek. 2 spots under nose. 1 on left cheek.
Day 2: Redness dramatically reduced and pain in all spots greatly reduced.
Day 3: Cluster reduced, and individual spots have "hardened" with white tops. 2 spots still under nose but less painful and reducing in size. 1 on left cheek less painful.
Day 4: Cluster has almost disappeared save 1-3 spots. Spots under nose are almost flat. 1 on left cheek drained out.
Day 5: Cluster is all gone save some scarring. Spots under nose flat but some redness. 1 on left cheek has scabbed.
Day 6 (today!): All spots gone and flat. Redness almost non-existent. Rest of skin feels lovely.

I use this with my clarisonic at night, and on its own in the day time. It felt strong at first, but that's because I was being too generous with the amount I used. You really don't have to use much, a little goes a long way. I wish I had discovered this years ago. It might have saved me the trouble, time and money from visiting dermatologists and experimenting with so many useless products.

It may be a bit pricey but it seems like it'll last awhile. For those in Singapore, buy it from Guardian, Watsons or Robinsons when they're having their promotions. Sometimes they have a 2 for 1 special, or they throw in a Thermal Water Spray FOC.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I have sensitive skin. Which is not apparent because on most days, it's kind of alright and smooth-ish but oily at the end of the day with some tiny bumps.

This breaks me out so bad I thought I was gonna have pizza face. Out~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Avene products for years and I still can't believe they aren't as popular as they should be. But all who use the line know how amazing it is for sensitive skin.

My skin tends to be more dry in the winter and more combo in the spring/summer. I LOVE this cleanser to use at night time. It gets rid of all the access oil without over drying. Great for clearing up breakouts. HG cleanser for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by sasie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After many years of ill-treating my skin (apricot scrubs-eek!) my skin at 40 was very sensitive, prone to breakouts, oily and dry. I used Philosophy's purity for years, but at some point it started to really irritate my skin. After extensive research on here, i decided to try Cleanance gel (in fact I changed my whole skincare routine to Avene) That was about 3 years ago, and I can honestly say, my skin has never felt/looked better. I double cleanse with the gel twice a day-using it with my my clarisonic about 3 times a week. My skin feels squeaky clean, but never tight or uncomfortable. Though its not the cheapest, its very thick and concentrated, so you don't need much to get a good lather.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No