July 29, 2014 | 1134 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Jaannl

I have stocked up many bottles for myself! Works well in it's price range, I used it alternate with Cetaphil's gentle cleanser (Cetaphil for AM and Avene for PM) so that my skin wouldn't be tight and uncomfortable which in turn produces more oil. It has never broke me out, I have very oily and acne-prone skin. So far, I feel that it's the best in it's price range! Worth to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by DianaF61

This products works wonders! It's the ONLY product i've tried, that keeps my skin clear without breakouts for months.
It is very gentle, yet very effective. I use the toner aswell and it works refreshing and keeps my skin matte.
Just bought the Spring Water Spray which i'll start using, but i personally think the spray is really really pricy.
The gel cleanser, however isn't pricy at all and you only need a very small amount to cover the whole face.

I've recommend this to some of my friends, who has acne and they really can't thank me enough for recommending it :-)
I'm surprised this isn't more famous than it is. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I've been using this since I was a teenager, though at some point I got a bit fed up with it for no reason (I just wanted a change I suppose...) and tried Clinique's 3 step for oily skin - crap!! It really irritated my skin, lots and lots of spots non-stop, and then I decided to go back to my beloved Avene, and it didn't disappoint: My skin was back to normal in no time, and I decided never to change again! It really costs peanuts compared to other brands, and it really feels like you are doing something good for your skin when you use it - you know, this 'aaah' feeling you get from some skincare products? :-) I absolutely adore it. If you have acne-prone skin like me, seriously, this is the brand for you. And you won't spend a fortune either!
EDIT: Something broke me out recently (I changed my cleanser the last 2 months to Avene's mattifying foam and my skin probably did not like it...) so I went back to this again: The first time I used it, little pimples disappeared OVERNIGHT and I am not kidding: WIthin 2 days of using it, my skin is back to normal. Really essential product for distressed skin/skin that reacts easily! I don't think I will change it ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

3/5/2013 UPDATE this is still the best face wash I've been using. My skin hasn't acclimatized to it so the previous effects still work on my face. Really loving this.

3/4/2013 I've been using this for almost a week now and am very surprised that there are effects on my spots already. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin.

Day1: Major cluster breakout (give or take 9 spots) on right cheek. 2 spots under nose. 1 on left cheek.
Day 2: Redness dramatically reduced and pain in all spots greatly reduced.
Day 3: Cluster reduced, and individual spots have "hardened" with white tops. 2 spots still under nose but less painful and reducing in size. 1 on left cheek less painful.
Day 4: Cluster has almost disappeared save 1-3 spots. Spots under nose are almost flat. 1 on left cheek drained out.
Day 5: Cluster is all gone save some scarring. Spots under nose flat but some redness. 1 on left cheek has scabbed.
Day 6 (today!): All spots gone and flat. Redness almost non-existent. Rest of skin feels lovely.

I use this with my clarisonic at night, and on its own in the day time. It felt strong at first, but that's because I was being too generous with the amount I used. You really don't have to use much, a little goes a long way. I wish I had discovered this years ago. It might have saved me the trouble, time and money from visiting dermatologists and experimenting with so many useless products.

It may be a bit pricey but it seems like it'll last awhile. For those in Singapore, buy it from Guardian, Watsons or Robinsons when they're having their promotions. Sometimes they have a 2 for 1 special, or they throw in a Thermal Water Spray FOC.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I have sensitive skin. Which is not apparent because on most days, it's kind of alright and smooth-ish but oily at the end of the day with some tiny bumps.

This breaks me out so bad I thought I was gonna have pizza face. Out~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Avene products for years and I still can't believe they aren't as popular as they should be. But all who use the line know how amazing it is for sensitive skin.

My skin tends to be more dry in the winter and more combo in the spring/summer. I LOVE this cleanser to use at night time. It gets rid of all the access oil without over drying. Great for clearing up breakouts. HG cleanser for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by sasie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After many years of ill-treating my skin (apricot scrubs-eek!) my skin at 40 was very sensitive, prone to breakouts, oily and dry. I used Philosophy's purity for years, but at some point it started to really irritate my skin. After extensive research on here, i decided to try Cleanance gel (in fact I changed my whole skincare routine to Avene) That was about 3 years ago, and I can honestly say, my skin has never felt/looked better. I double cleanse with the gel twice a day-using it with my my clarisonic about 3 times a week. My skin feels squeaky clean, but never tight or uncomfortable. Though its not the cheapest, its very thick and concentrated, so you don't need much to get a good lather.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

This is too gentle for my skin to a point where my face looks like it's been washed with water only. But it's a good product when my face isn't that oily, it works well with my brother's sensitive skin.

3 lippies.

UPDATE: Since I started exfoliating my face ONLY once a weekm my face has become a lot less oily and this is great for daily use! I now LOVE IT!

5 lippies now!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is not for sensitive skin. After using the Avene extremely gentle cleanser and breaking out all over I decided to use this to clear my skin up and to return my now oily skin back to normal. I used it only once and although it didnt sting upon application it did feel quite strong. After washing my face with this my skin felt extremely tight and somehow sore. Not sore to touch but as if it has penetrated through my skin and irritated it from inside. It did seem like my spots had gone done but at the expense of my skin feeling uncomfortable. I wont throw it out just but I might save it for the summer if my skin gets super oily as this dries it out completely. I might also use this diluted and see if that makes it any better. For now, as it is winter I dont think I will use this again. I will not repurchase.

Btw, I actually like the packaging. I think it's great for travelling. I understand having a pump may help in dispensing the right amount but if you have to throw it in your hand bag it is just a pain!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Smashra08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably one of the best cleansers I have come by. I find this perfect for my skin. I even find that it removes makeup perfectly, although I always double cleanse if I am also removing make up. Very gentle, it has never irritated my skin, even if I double cleanse or happen to use it more than once per day, it doesnt give me that tight feeling at all! I have been using this for about a year now and no plans to give it up

I think this is the perfect cleanser to keep your skin clean and healthy. I dont think this product will help clear away acne, but I dont think any cleanser on earth can do that anyway. But does a great job cleaning the skin without irritation.

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so dont be put off by the price tag. For those that are in AUS, you can get this from chemist warehouse for around $22 AUD which is a steal!