November 26, 2014 | 943 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by inkchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample from Sephora and being a constant sufferer of chapped lips, I'm surprised at how well this has worked on my lips. I wouldn't personally care for it on my face, but I have used it on my dry cuticles, heels and elbows. A tiny bit goes a long way and after using up the sample I ordered a small tube from Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Ehhhh I expected more from this product, probably due to the positive reviews in P'ville. I'm currently using a sample tube and it smells EXACTLY like this salve you can find at Chinatown herb stores - it's called Hua Tong cream or something like that and comes in a flat screwtop plastic jar and instead of a neon green/yellow, it's a pukey brown/yellow. Anyways, this was moisturizing but it also left my skin feeling slippery. I didn't like it on my face or lips, even though the directions said you could use it in those areas. The florescent color was a bit off-putting. I'll use up my sample but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product. It got rid of my chronic flakey patch on my cheek with no irritation, and healed flakey chapped lips that no product has been able to touch all winter. I'm a Yu-Believer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

I'm waffling on whether or not I should spring for the full size of this. Pros - soaks in quickly, works quickly on even very stubborn areas (like my persistently dry ankles), makes an EXCELLENT lip mask/balm, no petroleum (!!!!) and it's relatively scentless after the immediate camphor smell is gone. Cons - slightly slippery when first applied, and did I mention overpriced? I have no issue paying good money for a good product but reading these other reviews, I feel like I would just be lining the pockets of the middleman if I bought it here in the states. Also, I'd obviously spring for the large jar (also for trips to Northern Europe) but I wouldn't want to invest in something that stopped performing -- I've found that in many cases, the best batches go into samples and the average goes into full sized products. So we'll see, it's near impossible to get something like this made in the US because most "medicated creams" are petroleum based, which is the opposite of what I want. This isn't half as sticky or greasy as vaseline or aquaphor, contrary to what several reviews have said.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mggimcg

LOVE the camphor smell. I wouldn't care if it stuck around, but true to the package it definitely does fade quickly. Great as a lipbalm and a wonderful moisturizer. Perfect for the cold Canadian weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Longwearing, seals in moisture, not goopy or sticky, doesn't suffocate your skin, lightweight but heavyduty, travel friendly.
Been using this on my lips and areas on my face that needs extra moisture. Excellent find!

I got this on sale but normally they cost around AUD$25.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for heavy duty moisturising properties without leaving your skin feeling goopy and heavy, then look no further. I saw this at Target on sale for 2.50 $AUS and thought why not? I'm glad I purchased this cause it really plumps up my dry skin and it is heaven on my hands which I treat recklessly. I should have stocked up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRose

Best moisturiser. Although not cheap, it is not expensive either, compared to brands like Chanel, Dior ect. It is well worth the money, and although I found it a little greasy at first, I think I may have been using too much - a little of this goes a long way. It has a slight scent, although not strong enough to bother those who don't like fragrance, and it quickly dissappears. Although meant for the body (I think) this can be used anywhere, and I find it works well on my face during winter when I have dry skin. I reccomend this product completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by dstreift

I did like this product overall - I only used it on my hands/feet, and I did notice a significant increase in how moisturized my hands were, even a few hours later. The somewhat strong camphor smell is offputting though, even though it does dissapate fairly quickly. I can't imagine putting this on my face like it suggests though, because it just seems too thick for that. I would not repurchase again, because even though it was a good moisturizer I cannot justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A random shopping spree in a small specialty shop in Sarasota, FL yielded a sample then purchase of Yu-be cream as suggested by a helpful clerk. Purchase of this product may be one of the best skincare products I have EVER used.

I have extremely sensitive skin so I am hesitant to put anything on it. After using on my hands for a month or so, I got a cold so one day used the cream on my sore nose and chapped lips. Hours later I realized my nose and lips were still feeling great even after lots of kleenex use. So, from that day forward I have been using the cream on my face which has yielded smooth, breakout free moisturized skin even in the dead of Michigan winter. Be forewarned that when product comes out of tube it has a camphor smell but once rubbed onto skin the smell quickly goes away with no residual smell.

Holy Grail, my friends. Run to buy this product; if not for your face at least for your hands. You won't regret it!

UPDATE: I have been using Yu-Be for over a year and could not be more happy with the product. It is January in Michigan and my hands are as soft as a baby's bottom, really. And, I starting using the lotion on my face and chest and my esthetician asked what I was using because my skin was so healthy. Yu-Be. STILL the best.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No