October 25, 2014 | 829 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by gwinnear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the BEST hand cream I have ever used, bar none, and I have a tried a LOT of products. My hands and nails are extremely dry, and this salve has worked a miracle for me. My hands feel comfortable for hours after use, and my nails and cuticles have improved so much, I hardly recognise them - my cuticles are supple and hangnail-free, and my nails are stronger and growing faster than I think they ever have in my life! The salve is thick, but absorbs really quickly, and while it leaves a feeling of very lightly coating the skin, it isn't greasy at all, and it is that 'coating' that keeps my hands feeling great. As with all Kiehl's products I have used, a little goes a long way. Definitely worth every penny - I heartily recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Spiderwort

I got a sample hearing all the good reviews here. I just can't stand the horrible smell... It smells really strong, like chinese traditional medicine. Even though it's a good hand cream, the smell is just too overpowering... worth a try to see if you like the smell or not but i only used the sample once and threw it out...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by smurf2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my friends had been raving about this handcream - it's her HG and she has one in every bag! Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula fragrance-free hand cream is usually my HG and recommended by my dermatologist, however this winter and frequent hand washing (due to the cold/flu/viruses going around) have left my fingertips dry and peeling. Went to the Kiehls counter today to try out their Salve, slathered on a very generous amount and let it sink in. My skin drank it up, however it did leave a very slight film which didn't bother me as it acted as a barrier. About an hour later, I went back and bought a tube as my fingertips were completely soft and smooth (and still are, several hours and hand washes later, with no reapplications). Not that keen on the eucalyptus oil which can be an irritant, but it's very low on the ingredient list so hopefully it won't affect my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I needed something to heal my dried out hands. When I first used it, my hands were not too bad, so it didn't do much except provide a bit of something that disappeared quickly (except when I washed, then my hands became greasy). However, I moved recently and my hands were so dry from the tape, boxes, etc. I used this every night and during the day. Two weeks after the move, my hands are absolutely NO better. Like it did nothing. I used EA 8 hour cream, my hands are better by morning, although not completely perfect. Vanicream definitely helps. This does nothing. I wouldn't spend 3 cents on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by gingersparkles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product just because of the great reviews.
It said it was thick, like a salve. It also said it was very healing.
This stuff was like water! When I open the tube it shoots out.
I does not moisturize.
Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Rainey1

By far my HG of hand creams. This stuff works. Period.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by OrchidRose

This is the most effective hand cream I have evr used. It is fast absorbed, non greasy but yet your hands feel so soft and moisturized. The only downside is the plain packaging (it could be unisex so give it to ur bfs!) and there is no good smell. in fact there is no smell, which is not bad.

However, that being said it is still the best hand cream I have ever tried and if I put it on before I leave the house it actually protects my hands against the cold and in winter where I live you need that lol. Also, after I wash my hands later in the day they dont feel dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by sesame57

I admit that I am a bit of a hypochondriac and germ freak. As such, I find myself constantly washing my hands, which in turn causes skin dryness from the frequent soap and water use. I used to use hand lotions from Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works, but found that I was buying the lotions for the delicious scents, not because they worked well at moisturizing my hands. After that revelation, I started to use the Bath Shop's Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream, which worked well, but it took a while to heal my sometimes really rough, dry, and cracked hands. And then I found Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve and...HALLELUJAH!

The lotion is a thick salve that offers "heavy-duty moisture treatment" for "all-day care and protection." All I need is just a little bit to moisturize both hands as too much will leave a grubby and slightly sticky feeling. The salve contains avocado, sesame, and other botanical oils and natural wax from olive oil to sooth, moisturize, and condition your hands with a slight fragrance.

Due to the thickness of the salve, I usually use it right before I go to bed so that I can allow the salve to work its magic. My hands are instantly soft and smooth and it soothes my cracked skin and allows for them to heal quickly. Dry patches on my hands are remedied faster than when I use the Body Shop hand cream and because I use a small amount, a 2.5 ounce tube lasts me months. I use my Body Shop hand cream during the day due to its light non-greasy formula (and also helps with my nails) and my Kiehl's salve at night. I find that this combination protects my hands through all the hand washing I perform on a daily basis. Despite it being a bit pricey ($13 for a 2.5 oz. tube and $20 for a 5 oz. tube), I highly recommend the hand salve because it is the most effective hand cream I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleiL

One of my favorite hand creams, my hands tend to get really dry and this helps ALOT I LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by amanda2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff, it's amazing!