July 31, 2014 | 2029 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Eyeshadow Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by moose3smc

I actually use this to apply my mineral makeup concealer in problem areas...works great! Soft, synthetic hair...no harming the animals! I've washed it a zillion times and is still good as new.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2007 10:42:00 AM More reviews by juwel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the old (pre 2006), small eyeshadow brush, not the large eyeshadow brush - I have both. I love my small TBS eyeshadow brush! It's my most useful brush at the moment. It picks up pigment very well, and deposits just the right amount for the lid. However, I think this may be just because of what happened to my brush. It has changed shape over the last 3 years, and become a sort of tapered triangular shape (I'm sure brushes aren't supposed to do this, and that it was round to begin with). Whatever the reason, the tip is now very useful for lining my eyes or for crease work as well!
The Large eyeshadow brush, however, is a completely different story. I bought both at one go, thinking that the large would be perfect size for doing a wash. However, this brush barely picks up powder at all! It has been taking up space in my makeup case ever since, too stiff to be any use. So I'm not sure whether I'd repurchase the small brush, seeing as it's unpredictable whether or not it will morph back into my HG eyeshadow brush. I use it every day, so I'm getting worried :\ Anyway that's my weird TBS brush experience. The other brushes in this range are v. good, particularly the blusher and face/body brushes.

Edit: Never use this anymore - got CVS EoB brushes which rock

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this brush. I read the negative reviews after buying but before trying, and was worried that I had made a mistake. But after trying it for the first time, I'm very happy I picked it up. It looks and feels like an artist's brush (I draw and paint so I have something to compare to), it blends shadow very well for me and applies enough pigment easily without any streaking whatsoever - I was actually surprised by how it laid down color very evenly and precisely. The only downside to this brush, which doesn't really warrant taking a lippy off, is the fact that since the bristles are stiffer due to being more densly packed together, this brush suffers from the "backlash" effect - if you apply your product with too much pressure, the bristles will "spring back" and shed pigment. Other than this minor design flaw, this is really a good shadow brush, especially for those of us who have a higher browbone and need a brush which can cope with the larger "extra space" between the crease and the brow - the size of this brush plays a big role in being apple to apply shadow properly in these cases.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i may be writing about the wrong brush as i have never found that it is too big, however it is a body shop brush and it is definitely an eyeshadow brush so maybe its just a difference in opinions! i would not repurchase this brush as it is just an average brush and i am eager to try the better brushes out there, however it has lasted years (mine is the old colourings version, before they updated their makeup range) and the hairs are of good quality. saying that though, ive found it is noticeably not very good at applying product, it applies it sparsely and doesnt pick up colour well but tends to crumble it instead which is something my other e/s brushes dont do. if i were you id go for something better!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by DillyDilly

Like others, I don't use this brush in it's intended manner. It's too sparse, flat and thin to pick up dry pigment, and I feel the brush is not... full enough to give a well-blended application. Because of it's flat shape, shadow goes on streaky. However, it is great for cream shadows, concealer and using the edge of the bristles to apply shadow as liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2006 11:49:00 AM More reviews by trew

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have both the old wood handle and the new grey plastic handle ones, i dont think they are good shadow brushes but make AWESOME concealer/foundation brushes. Really perfect shape texture everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2006 12:47:00 AM More reviews by muurrrz

I work at Body Shop so I get 50% off. However, without the discount, I wouldn't buy this brush again because it's synthetic hair. I like natural hair better because it's softer. Although this brush is named eye shadow blender, I never used it for eye shadow. Instead, I use it to apply concealer for my occasional undereye circles. It's a stiff brush so it's great for patting the concealer onto the skin. It never sheds on me and I have some high quality brushes (MAC, Bobbi Brown) that sheds. So kudos to Body Shop for good packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a nice brush but not for powder. Designed as an eyeshadow blender brush, this is made of taklon with thin densely packed bristles so its kinda stiff. Much better to apply creams like concealer or creme shadow. Great for undereye concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2005 8:14:00 AM More reviews by livtylerjadian

I bought this along with 3 other TBS brushes in a travel size bag. Honestly, this is my first time using brushes for make up. Its very stiff even after i dip it in water. It doesnt hold pigments or TBS shimmer cubes eyeshadow well. But i would say that its OK not EXCELLENT. I would need to colour my eyes a few time to get the desried amount of colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by rickasue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great to use for using eyeshadow as eyeliner, frankly . . . but not great for eyeshadow on the overall lid.