July 31, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so I am going to write a review on this for the Combo/Oily too, but since I am so pale and I us Ivory I thought I should review it here as well.
I used this stuff a good 15 years or so ago when I first started using make up. I loved it then, worked great I thought, but of course I got swept up in the HE brands shortly after and switched make up. Lately I have decided that I want to stop spending so much on foundation especially since I hadn't found on that I liked even after trying Mac, MUFE, Stila, Lancome, the Body Shop, etc. So I started reading reviews here at this wonderful site! First thing I picked up and started using was Maybeline Liquid Matte Mouse, and it worked great, but I was still going to keep looking. I read the reviews here about Revlon Colorstay and remembered how much I liked it when I first started wearing make up. I don't know why I stopped using it. HG for sure, now I am done looking for foundation. This stuff really stays on, and the color is great for me I am always using the palest or second palest shade with other foundation, I was a NW 15/20 for MAC if I remember correctly (it has been over 4 years since I used MAC). Gives excellent coverage and although I have to use a primer to get it to, it blends well. Greatly comparable to HE foundation! When I opened up my bottle, I remembered that smell. Still smells the same after all these years. After all the HE products I have tried, this one is the best by far. i am spending 1/3 the amount I used to on foundation too. Big plus! Why spend so much money when this stuff works better than what I have tried before?
I don't know why people are having trouble taking it off, I don't. I use Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash and it takes it off no problem, I do agree however, that a pump would be great for this stuff. I use my fingers to bolt some on my forehead, cheeks and chin, then I use a good dense brush to blend it and it looks great. No more hunting for a foundation, now I am out to find a good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by boise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG!! The best foundation in the world!! both drugstore and department store wise. It have an awesome coverage. I actually fell asleep on a light colored sham, and my makeup stayed on my face!!! And I have oily skin. And for $9 or so, you get a lot of product. I just wish they had a pump, but oh well, I'm just glad it works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

This is the best foundation i have tried, but its still not quite perfect. I never used to wear foundation besides a bit of powder, but lately my skin has been going bonkers on me and i need something with full coverage. This has fairly full coverage, it covers most of the redness. And it last forever! after working out, i always expect to look in the mirror and see my nasty skin, but most of the makeup is still on there. I even find that after i wash my face, theres still some makeup on my face, which comes off only after i use toner. The only problem is that it can look like i have makeup on, which is never a good thing, but i actually notice its the worst when i first put it on in the morning, and it looks more natural as the day goes on, maybe because it kind of soaks in a bit? I got the ivory color, which is a bit light for my skin, especially if i have a bit of a tan, but the undertones are right for my coloring, so its a pretty good match. So overall, Colorstay is a pretty good foundation, especially for the price It has good coverage and lasts all day. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by noctambule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Phew, is this stuff ever stinky! At first, I thought maybe the product had gone off -- that's how bad it is -- but no, it's supposed to smell like that. Fortunately, the smell fades -- unlike the foundation! The Colorstay does what it says on the tin and stays put nicely for hours on my skin despite oiliness and the nasty summer heat and humidity we have where I live. I like the coverage, and don't have any trouble using the non-pump bottle. The aroma is worth getting good coverage that lasts!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by emilyking27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is a really good match for my skin tone so i had high hopes for this foundation. It wasn't a total disaster but on my skin, it was heavy and difficult to blend. I found that it did not last very well on my combination skin and that the coverage was limited. Because it was so thick it went patchy in areas and i really felt like i was wearing a 'mask'. However, this could be because of the warm weather as i didn't notice this as much in winter.
I love Revlon. Their products are great quality for a drugstore brand but in my opinion this foundation was a let down - i will continue to use it until it runs out but i definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by hjv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this. The Ivory color has pinky undertones and is a good match for my skin. The coverage is great--smooth, not too sheer, but not too cakey. And it lasts at leas 5 to 6 hours, longer than Clinique's Even Better! BUT it gave me painful breakouts. (This happens to me often with foundation). So I don't think I can buy this again. But I'll come back to it in a few weeks and see if this broke me out, or if it was something else, like soap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after trying the PhotoReady line. I have to say the coverage is great and Ivory works okay for me. It wears like iron, but does feel particularly masky to me. I wish it had a pump. If you have a lot to cover, I'd recommend this foundation. If you want lighter coverage, go for the PhotoReady. Colorstay can have a tendency to look cakey if it's not applied correctly. Overall, if I was in a pinch and needed to, I would repurchase, but it's not HG material for me. I may try mixing colorstay with photoready and see if I like that better. I use the oily skin version of Colorstay. I always use a primer underneath too.
EDIT: will not repurchase as I have found my HG foundation: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid SPF 42.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

wish this had a pump!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm extremely pale and I have pinkish/reddish undertones, so it's tricky to find a foundation that doesn't look orange on me. This stuff matches perfectly. I'm not much of a foundation person, but I think the coverage on this is pretty good. It dries really fast so I apply with a sponge. If I'm going somewhere "fancy" then I usually use this as foundation, but it makes a great tinted moisturizer, and that's my favorite way to wear it: usually about 50/50 with whatever moisturizer I have. It evens everything out and looks dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by VampyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for about 8 years or so..I love it. I agree with a user below me that stated it smells kinda weird lol. I have always thought that! Anyways, it lasts long, looks smooth & even, holds very well, and has never broke me out. I used to have a hard time finding a foundation that matched my ivory skin but this works perfect. I really cant stress enough how awesome this stuff stays on throughout the day! :)