August 28, 2014 | 1173 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bella2424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dior Skinflash is packaged beautifully so it feels like you're really buying something top notch and ultra luxurious...but when I used this with my normal makeup routine to conceal my slightly dark circles under my eyes, I was not impressed. The consistency is too runny for my taste. I don't have very dark circles, but I like to brighten the under eye area. I find that the consistency is too watery to be able to effectively do this. I used the lightest shade and it most of the shades in this collection lack very much of a yellow base which is really necessary for brightening and concealing the under eye area. I returned this product and was happy to get my money back because it wasn't cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by bella4462

I bought this in hopes it was better than YSL's highlighter. I thought overall it did a better job in shadowing blemishes and giving the skin a brightening effect. However, it wasn't enough to hide dark circles but I also don't believe this is for that reason. I like to use this on the bridge of my nose and in the frown lines and on the inner corners of my eyes. For the price, I wouldn't purchase again. Plus, the velvet case it comes with went immediately into the trash as I found it a bit tacky and useless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe the HG of cosmetics is a concealer that covers/neutralizes darkness but doesn't look cakey on over 40 eyes. That's a tough one. I have bluish circles under my eyes on the inner half and the only thing that neuralizes the blue is BB Lt Bisque, the color is perfect but it is SO creamy it can crease terribly.

002-Candlelight is the color for under my eyes to lighten the entire area, but 001-Rose Glow is perfect to neutralize my inner corner circles (which, uncovered make me look tired with deep sunken eyes-not pretty).

I found this product to feel very thin on my finger (which is a good thing) as I applied it but then it set to a nearly smudgeproof finish! I was also able to layer it without it turning cakey and creasy. Nor did it emphasize the inevitable aging going on under my eyes.

The price is startling, but hey, if it does what its supposed to, it ends up costing the same as the 3 others you have in the drawer that you end up playing with to get the look you want. I need both colors and will soon get the Candlelight.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by HannahBlink

I liked this product alot, it really brightened up my under-eyes and conceals blemishes. It also blends in nicely. My only problem is the small amount that there is in these concealer pens, they are so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by janiedoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this isn't a concealer, but I use it as such to cover my undereye circles and it works perfectly. It's creamy, blends well, and brightens without settling into lines. I bought the darkest color even though I'm medium-fair with yellow undertones because I read that color is the best for covering circles.

I'm not the biggest fan of the click pen though because I find it takes too many clicks to start, then oozes out too much. Also I can't tell how much is left (and I suspect there isn't very much in there to begin with). The price is a bit much and all goes into the packaging. I'd much prefer a lower cost and a less fancy click pen --- a simple tube will do! But, it is Dior.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by since2009

Again, I bought this after great things I have heard about it also partly because I really like concealers in this kind of twist pen applicator and since I really dislike the YSL one I am always on the look out for a better replacement.

1) Packing, love the packing and a very big plus is that this brush didn't go smelly like the YSL one did

2) medium coverage + a little more, I only uses this on my better days but it is very convenient, too bad the coverage is not enough to be my HG

Overall, it's good but it's no magic marker + I can only use this on my good days I won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sailormon

This is more of a highlighting product. I love using it to highlight the bridge of my nose as well as to mask shadows along the crease of either sides of my nose and around my mouth. It's good around the eyes to highlight bt not to cover dark circles. I still use it to try and conceal my dark circles bt it's not really adequate. Other wise it's great to emphases your features and to counteract shadows!

p.s I do intend to try YSL's version to compare!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jmorton07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally bought this in Candlelight, which was a great match for my skin tone, but I was not impressed. I was hoping it would disguise dark circles and make me look more awake. It didn't, and I ended up returning it. Well, then I decided to try Roseglow which I had previously thought was too pink, and it's so much better. The pink helps counteract the blue tones in dark circles and the slight shimmer lightens the area. Once I tried the right color, it helps quite a lot with my dark circles! It wears off sometimes (but I have a habit of touching my face), but it's the best undereye product I've tried yet. Goes on easily, blends perfectly, and does what I want it to. Just make sure you buy the right color for the job!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by feliurda

I'm a NC 30/40 (depends),bought the 003 shade.It's not bad, but it's not amazing,i'm kind of on the fence.The only downside is that when applied,doesn't come out properly,it's like it comes out from the sides raher than the point of it, if you know what i mean...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely concealer/highlighter! Thank you Dior, seriously! It smells nice, it's sheer but can still cover under eye circles well, also very blendable. I am reluctant to believe that I'll be able to find a cheaper substitute which is just as good, but I am on the lookout for one, If I find it, I'll let you guys know!! I use 002, but I am PALE!