December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Highlighters - Dior - Skinflash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ah, I have been using this on and off for 3 years now, the same tube. That doesn't mean it's great - it means that I don't use it that often. This is a weird product - the consistency is thin and blends well, the colour is great, but not enough pigment to conceal - rather it lightens a bit and it does not settle into lines. I don't like how much comes out all at once - HUGE waste of product, and it isn't very hygenic I suppose. I will dab it at the sides of my nose, the corners of my mouth and at the bow point of my top lip for a little lightness, and I think for that, this product is great and light, and for that, I maybe would repurchase (or purchase something cheaper!). I need more coverage under the eye on those days when I have dark circles, and frankly, my Cle du Peau is a winner at concealing for that area. I don't think Skin Flash was meant to really be a concealer anyway but rather a highlighter for the face along shadows. Actually, if it came in a jar, I would keep it in my stash for sure - I just hate that applicator thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I got this which came free with my moisturizer from Sephora last year. I can't comment much about it since I have dark circle only when I'm tired and lack sleep which is rare. On the days I do use it, it works well to cover my dark circles and is smooth and creamy and doesn't settle into the cakey look. It lasted all day on me. On my spots and blemishes it doesn't work well at all, I feel this is strictly a eye concealer. I didn't buy it at full price but it's pretty expensive for what u get. It doesn't seem like very much product for the price.

Packaging, this is the main point where I wouldn't repurchase, it's unsanitary, the brush is difficult to clean and everytime I want to use it I have to click about 7-10 times before the product rushes out and apply too much in the spot I want. They could've designed it better for the product to come out more easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by varindamichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this product... i bought it on impulse when makeup shopping 2 weeks ago and I have to say it works wonderful. It is simliar to benefits erase paste when used under the eyes...sort of as a concealer and highlighter in one. When used above the cheekbones and just under the brow bone, instant lift! Will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bella2424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dior Skinflash is packaged beautifully so it feels like you're really buying something top notch and ultra luxurious...but when I used this with my normal makeup routine to conceal my slightly dark circles under my eyes, I was not impressed. The consistency is too runny for my taste. I don't have very dark circles, but I like to brighten the under eye area. I find that the consistency is too watery to be able to effectively do this. I used the lightest shade and it most of the shades in this collection lack very much of a yellow base which is really necessary for brightening and concealing the under eye area. I returned this product and was happy to get my money back because it wasn't cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by bella4462

I bought this in hopes it was better than YSL's highlighter. I thought overall it did a better job in shadowing blemishes and giving the skin a brightening effect. However, it wasn't enough to hide dark circles but I also don't believe this is for that reason. I like to use this on the bridge of my nose and in the frown lines and on the inner corners of my eyes. For the price, I wouldn't purchase again. Plus, the velvet case it comes with went immediately into the trash as I found it a bit tacky and useless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe the HG of cosmetics is a concealer that covers/neutralizes darkness but doesn't look cakey on over 40 eyes. That's a tough one. I have bluish circles under my eyes on the inner half and the only thing that neuralizes the blue is BB Lt Bisque, the color is perfect but it is SO creamy it can crease terribly.

002-Candlelight is the color for under my eyes to lighten the entire area, but 001-Rose Glow is perfect to neutralize my inner corner circles (which, uncovered make me look tired with deep sunken eyes-not pretty).

I found this product to feel very thin on my finger (which is a good thing) as I applied it but then it set to a nearly smudgeproof finish! I was also able to layer it without it turning cakey and creasy. Nor did it emphasize the inevitable aging going on under my eyes.

The price is startling, but hey, if it does what its supposed to, it ends up costing the same as the 3 others you have in the drawer that you end up playing with to get the look you want. I need both colors and will soon get the Candlelight.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by HannahBlink

I liked this product alot, it really brightened up my under-eyes and conceals blemishes. It also blends in nicely. My only problem is the small amount that there is in these concealer pens, they are so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by janiedoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this isn't a concealer, but I use it as such to cover my undereye circles and it works perfectly. It's creamy, blends well, and brightens without settling into lines. I bought the darkest color even though I'm medium-fair with yellow undertones because I read that color is the best for covering circles.

I'm not the biggest fan of the click pen though because I find it takes too many clicks to start, then oozes out too much. Also I can't tell how much is left (and I suspect there isn't very much in there to begin with). The price is a bit much and all goes into the packaging. I'd much prefer a lower cost and a less fancy click pen --- a simple tube will do! But, it is Dior.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by since2009

Again, I bought this after great things I have heard about it also partly because I really like concealers in this kind of twist pen applicator and since I really dislike the YSL one I am always on the look out for a better replacement.

1) Packing, love the packing and a very big plus is that this brush didn't go smelly like the YSL one did

2) medium coverage + a little more, I only uses this on my better days but it is very convenient, too bad the coverage is not enough to be my HG

Overall, it's good but it's no magic marker + I can only use this on my good days I won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sailormon

This is more of a highlighting product. I love using it to highlight the bridge of my nose as well as to mask shadows along the crease of either sides of my nose and around my mouth. It's good around the eyes to highlight bt not to cover dark circles. I still use it to try and conceal my dark circles bt it's not really adequate. Other wise it's great to emphases your features and to counteract shadows!

p.s I do intend to try YSL's version to compare!