Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetyl Ricinoleate(Chamomile (chamomilla recutita) extract), Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol(anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory), Chamomile Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate(vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(licorice root extract), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben 5/29/09

on 2/19/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

cetaphil which i used for many years, clogs my pores
cerave eventually also caused breakouts (it is high in ceramides and these may cause some people problems)
this product is my current favorite - it does not clog my pores AT ALL. It is gentle and I can wipe off with toilet paper or kleenex
my skin is very sensitive and acne prone (cystic) and almost all foaming cleansers or cleansers that you rinse off with water compromise my lipid barrier - not so with this product. Since I switched to this product - my skin is not breaking out any more. I also am using acne.org: 1 pump bp, then a dime of paula's choice 2pct salicylic acid liquid, 10% pure vit C serum and two pumps of acne.org moisturizer with a couple drops of acne.org jojoba (some jojoba oils may block pores - may depend on manufacturing process? nut quality? Not sure! So happy that this brand is working great for me - it actually balances oil production over time). If I start to get a pimple (eg: monthly related issues) a put a big drop of acne.org 10% glycolic and it's resolved quickly never gets inflamed. my skin is clear and i in part credit this gentle cleanser than does not mess up my skin's moisture barrier. don't wipe hard, go slowly and your skin should not be tugged - it should not move at all! You can also rinse with water, but then your skin will be left less moisturized. I wish it came in a larger bottle. It gets a bit expensive for this reason and you should use plenty so you don't tug. I do 2-3 passes depending on how much makeup i have on. I don't wear a lot of foundation. I removed waterproof eye makeup and mascara with the previously mentioned jojoba oil. Make sure that your kleenex comes clean!

on 2/10/2013 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

My skin didn't like this product at all. A few days after using this cleanser I noticed blemishes on my forehead and cheeks. Will not repurchase ever.

on 1/30/2013 8:41:00 PM

Wow! I really like this! I'm not the sort of person who spends too much $$$$$$ on their cleansers, and for $12 canadian, on sale for $8 was awesome! I bough the toner too.

A friend told me about this product and she has perfect skin, I tried this, along with the toner and within 2 days I noticed a drastic difference in my skin. My freckles have faded, and redness is reduced!

It removes light makeup very well, but if you heap on foundation, I don't know if it would be right for makeup removal.

My skin thanks me ;)

*note: I used to use clean and clear, a great product line, but I like this better.

on 11/12/2012 3:52:00 PM

The product is gentle and cleans well. My face is not too dry after cleaning my face. I usually use this once every night before applying on my Tiki Rebirth Night Cream.

on 11/5/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is simply the BEST, affordable, sensitive skin cleanser on the market. I just started using this for the first time, this week, and could feel and see an immediate difference from the first time I used it.

Previously I was a Cetaphil girl, but this lotiony face wash is way better than Cetaphil. Cetaphil liquid has a gross soapy consistency that leaves a slight film on skin after washing skin. This Neutrogena face wash rinses clean but leaves your skin moisturized afterwards and it desensitizes my skin somehow. My skin has been calmer since I've been using it and it feels so soft without any moisturizer.

I also really like that this doesn't leave any greasy residue or shine, nor does it totally mattify your skin and dry it out. It just perfectly soothes it and leaves it balanced and clean. Total HG product for dry sensitive, Rosacea skin!

on 10/21/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a really good lotion style cleanser. Perfect for super sensitive skin, this reminds me a lot of Clinique's Liquid Soap Extra Mild but at about half the price. While I love my Clinique, this is an affordable backup product.

on 10/6/2012 2:00:00 AM

Best cleanser if you have rosacea!!! Tried everything and this is the only cleanser that doesn't irritate. Recommended to me by my dermatologist 3 years ago and I have never looked back. Need to wipe off with a face cloth to remove make up as it doesn't foam at all. Skin feels soft and beautiful and doesn't dry out my skin because it is so creamy.
Love love love it. Perfect for sensitive skin - beats cetaphil and the likes hands down!

on 9/28/2012 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The next best thing to Sebamed Cleansing Foam, IMO. It's very mild and I sometimes use it as a tissue-off cleanser. Does a pretty good job of cleaning my face (I don't wear makeup).

on 9/10/2012 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this today, and I kinda like it. Although it didn't really clear up my blackheads, but it didn't dry up my skin as other cleansers. I have really oily and dry skin, and my skin got worst during the winter( I had like dull tight, flaky skin and red patches around my lips), however after using this my skin feels really soft and moisturised. I think that layer of 'grease' helps retain the moisture of my skin, which is a good thing for my dry skin. Recommend using this cleanser during the cold dry winter as it really moisturises the skin!

on 8/11/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product unfortunately did not work well on my skin and caused large cysts around the jaw area. It left a greasy/oily residue on my face. Would not recommend this product to anyone with extremely sensitive skin. Neutrogena has let me down on this product, hoping for a cleanser with less irritants and fragrances in the future.