October 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the way my mascara applies when I use this primer. My lashes are fuller, with LOTS more volume. I love that I can use it with any brand's mascara. I go between a Clinique high definition and an Avon Supershock mascara for the best volume I've ever seen. I will continue to buy this -- it's a staple for me now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not 100% sure I dig this quite yet so I may end up updating this review. While it doesn't go on cakey like some over the top primers or make my lashes spikey (who enjoys that!?) it did weigh down my lashes & my hard work my eyelash curler did :( I think I may end up just using this as a conditioner at night & not use with my mascara. Curl is THAT important to me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by hair4wear

Love this product! you can match it with any mascara from any brand! lengthens thickens and helps my lashes stay long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really love this Lash Building Primer for so many reasons.

I've tested it. I went one day without it and just put my mascara on top of my bottom lashes. It did smear just a little bit and wasn't as separated and long as when I do use the primer.

I really like this brush. Because other building primers like Dior's brush is HUGE.....I hate huge brushes, stiff brushes.

The price is great. It's a very reasonable price.

The only thing is the tube is small, and it gets lost really easily haha. Or maybe it's just me?? :(

I've repurchased this one a few times.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Anonamizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my lashes: sparse, stick straight, asian lashes.

I bought this to try as a replacement for the discontinued Shiseido base. This primer made my lashes look fuller, however, it would not hold a curl. I think the formula was actually too heavy for my lashes, no matter how lightly I used it, within 30 minutes my curl would be completely gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by CapaXildebrand

This is my first mascara primer. I think it's excellent, and I will tell you why (duh, the purpose of writing a review.) It's easy to apply and goes on smoothly. The brush isn't overly large, or awkward. It doesn't make my lashes WHITE!, just sorta whitish, but I like that cause I know there's actually something there. It doesn't clump, and dries nicely. It makes my mascara stay on longer. It doesn't weigh my lashes down. It's doesn't make my mascara clumpy, but on the contrary, makes the mascara smoother. It dries nicely on the very tip of my lashes, so that when I apply my mascara, it goes all the way to the end, making them look SUPER LONG. I think it gives a slight condition to my lashes cause I feel like they're smoother and stronger. Also, an awesome thing is I think it's going to help me use less mascara. Usually I'm coating them like crazy, but a couple swipes, and they're dark, coated, and thick. I really love the packaging, long and sleek, and it seems like there is a lot of product in there. It was relatively cheap, at $13.00 at Sephora. Overall, I'm VERY pleased with my purchase, and will for sure buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by xxbabi3booxx

I used to use the Shiseido lash primer until they discontinued it and have been trying to look for a good one. My lashes are weird. I have to use waterproof or else it doesn't work. Furthermore, I get smudges on the bottom corners under my eyes. However with the Shiseido primer it didn't happen. and I have yet to find one like it! Tried the Clinique one and my lashes just dropped.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Oinkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I ever lived without this product. It doesn't matter what mascara I wear with it, even cheap drugstore mascaras look amazing with it. It doubles the volume and length of my lashes and is a lot cheaper than most lash primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to give this a shot to try to fix my raccoon eyes problem. The price is so reasonable I figured it wasn't a huge loss if it didn't work. It made my lashes a little clumpy the first time I tried it, so I took more time to work it through my lashes evenly the next time. Wow! It looked like I was wearing falsies. And it held not only the mascara but my curl, too. This made me a total believer in lash primers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't tried a LOT of lash primers. However, of the ones I've tried, this is one of the better ones. I also feel that this one is reasonably priced - especially considering it is Clinique. This is $13 for a full size tube.
This is a white color when applied to the lashes. I usually only use this when I have special occasions, but I do find that some mascaras do look much better with this and others, don't really seem to be enhanced that much by the primer.