Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/19/2011 3:17:00 PM

These makeup removers are pretty good but they dont do a good job of removing my Maybelline Turbo VolumExpress mascara, which isn't even waterproof. That is my only con about it. I like that they're oily because my skin is very dry so it could use all the extra moisture, but I still use a warm damp wash cloth to wipe away the excess. I got them for about $2.50 at HEB with a 50% off coupon which I notice they usually have on most Almay products. :)

on 7/11/2011 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was really mad that I confused this with the non-oily one due to the blue packaging. It's really easy to open and it comes with 80 pads. I did not like how greasy and oily it was. It feels really gross and icky afterwards. This doesn't really remove stubborn waterproof mascara and will leave raccoon eyes afterwards.

on 6/29/2011 9:49:00 PM

I had no problem with the oiliness of these pads - I use oils to clean my face anyway so the feeling doesn't bother me. That is the ONLY pro of this product, for me.

Cons:
- doesn't remove waterproof mascara THAT well. I had to use about 2 pads per eye and really scrub, to get off waterproof Lash Blast. That's what I would expect from using plain jojoba oil or even just soap, but with a remover - it's gotta be easier than that.
- and this is the big one: these irritated my eyes SO BAD. I must have had a serious allergic reaction to something in the formula, OR just all the rubbing with the pads (even though I always try to be gentle) did it, but every time I used these I woke up the next day with red, puffy, VERY irritated eyes.
Super weird for a company that identifies itself as being for those with sensitive skin.

So yeah - I would never buy these again.

on 6/18/2011 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is horrible! Its like a grease pad..the first ingredient is mineral oil! Yeah..but I am going to finish off this bottle.

on 6/2/2011 5:43:00 PM

These are horribly oily, unless you have very dry eye area, do not use. However, the oil-free version is fabulous! It gets all the black of of my face yay! I just wanted to let everyone know that the oil-free version is SO AMAZING! I actually am using them all over my face as a sort of toner because I am out of toner. Try it, you'll love it!

DO NOT BUY THESE WIPES!

First off, I'll say I love the packaging for these, that's about it. It's a very convenient little jar and I enjoy the graphics on it. The scent is a nice aloe smell which I like. They do what they say they should but the formula is disgusting. I love Almay products but these were TERRIBLE.

Normally I use makeup wipes to take off all my makeup on my face and eyeshadow and stuff but they tend to suck at removing mascara. I used one of these at the friends house, I think it was another formula and they were pretty good at cleaning my lashes. However, these ones were oily and disgusting on my skin, I picked them up at bells outlet for cheap, if they weren't there I probably wouldn't have tried them.

I was only willing to use them around my eyes because they were so greasy. If I used them anywhere else I'm sure I would have broken out like crazy (combination, acne-prone skin).

The only time I'll reach for these is when I'm doing my eye makeup and I make a mistake with liner or decide to go a different direction with my eyeshadow. Sometimes if my mascara is really stubborn I'll use them with my baby shampoo(good for removing makeup) and then makeup wipes on my face but these are only on my lashes. I won't allow it to touch my skin because they're so nasty. I wash my face with proactiv after I remove my makeup anyway, so it works out.

Bottom line: they do what they say they will but they leave a nasty film behind, worse than anything else I've ever used.

on 5/27/2011 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Ok. Normally I take my makeup off with either Crisco or Albolene.
I ran out of both and am digging deep into the cabinets to use what I have before spending any more money. (got a lot of dental bills right now). I dug this out and now I know why it was buried deep in the cosmetics cabinet graveyard.
This stuff is garbage. G.A.R.B.A.G.E. First of all, the pads stick to one another. A total waste of packaging. Secondly, I need about three pads for each eye. Eye makeup does not glide off. It does not help to take the glue left over from my false lasher. It does not wipe off the mascara on my bottom lashes. I look like Rocky Racoon's wife after I wipe my eyes. So much residue is left. If you are "older", you don't want to have to tug and tug at your eyelids. Actually if you are younger you don't want to do that either.
I'm looking forward to using this up sooner than later so I can go buy more Crisco. I gave three lipsticks for the price because I honestly cannot remember how much I paid for this, so a neutral rating is all I can give. For packagin, I have given 2. Although the container is strong, it is a pain to get the pads out b/c they stick to each other.
Heck no, I'll never purchase this again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros: They're separate pads, they remove makeup very well, not too expensive - good value for money, they aren't drying, they don't dry in the container, 80 pads for $5 - $7.

Cons: The seem to have a lot of product on them, too oily (and I have dry skin!!), stings my eyes and makes them water, kinda hard to remove from the container.

Overall: 2/5 stars
Effectiveness: they do what they're supposed to, which is a big plus.
Price: I live in Australia and often find that makeup is expensive here, even drugstore brands - but these are only $7 which is about $5 USD.

These are oily for me, and they seem to have so much product on them that I can't help but get the product in my eyes which causes them to sting and then my eyes to water. Even if I don't get the product in my eyes, they seem to be really heavy and they hurt my eyes.
What I like about this product is that it removes heavy makeup in a breeze. I use these rarely (only when I'm experimenting and have all sorts of crazy eyeshadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara on) because my eyes get extremely sore and sting after I use them. I don't think I will re-purchase, as I can live with using makeup wipes for now.

on 4/17/2011 10:48:00 AM

This product removes my eyeshadow, liner and my mascara. In one swipe the majority of every thing comes of. I do wipe a few more times to get all the eyeliner and mascara off. These wipes are super moist and tend to leave a ton of remover on my skin. I usually wipe that off with a tissue. No burning sensations like the ELF ones gave me. The price is pretty good, about 5 dollars for 80 wipes.

on 4/8/2011 7:32:00 PM

The girl at Ulta told me this was a great eye makeup remover, that I wouldn't have to rub and my mascara would come right off. Nothing at all like that happened! The pad was so dry, there was not one smudge of mascara after my first (slow) swipe. Subsequent swipes did nothing. I even pressed one to my eye for five long seconds. Nothing. What's going on?