April 21, 2014 | 1813 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products where it will really benefit you to read several reviews. It works really well for me for the purpose I bought it for, which was dark (purplish) circles under my eyes. I put it on and it neutralizes the color very nicely. (I'm light-skinned and use 2.) I pat it on to only the purple areas and it covers. Because of what one of the previous reviewers wrote, I tried blending it and found that on me, too, it mostly disappears! But the way I use it, patting the color with my fingertips and then patting the color onto my lower eyelid, it covers well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

I lusted over this for almost a year as i couldn't justify spending that much on a concealer when i already owned so many that worked well but on a recent trip to Selfridges i caved in and purchased it. Wish i hadnt bothered, it doesn't live up to the hype at all. Its a lovely compact, you appear to get a decent amount of product and it does cover on first contact....but !!! as soon as you touch it to blend it disappears....it just doesn't stay on my skin. I apply, looks great, blend, gone, apply again, looks great, blend and gone...just useless. Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer is far better than this. I don't rate it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by songbirdie

I have had this for a week now and I am beyond impressed in every way. Up until recently, I have used Time Balm concealer by The Balm, which I love. Sadly, the lable had worn off the bottom and I live in a country where I can only repurchase it online. After hours staring at Lisa Eldridge's perfect, creamy complexion, I decided that I too must have Secret Camouflage. This product is seriously amazing! When I first felt it, I have to admit that I wondered how on earth I could possibly blend it into my skin - it felt very dry and hard. This product is so highly pigmented and the staying power is so good, that a little goes a long way. I have really pale skin (NC 15 - 20 ), and I was good with the SC2. The fact that you also get two different colours is a huge bonus. I feel that the price, while high, is fair. My only warning would be to those who do NOT want 'camouflage' coverage...this is not for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by GoldenLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

C5/C6 NC44 BBWarm Honey/Golden LM Caramel for reference. I bought this in SC6m which is perfect. I have acne scarring and it covers the dark spots perfectly and doesn't budge. I apply with a tiny concealer brush, swipe the light shade twice on one side of the brush, the darker shade on the other side, then mix on the back of my hand, apply and pat into skin. Works great for blemishes on your face, would not recommend for under-eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In recent months, I've been suffering from painful cystic acne on my chin and around my jawline. Although I've suspected that some of my acne breakouts have been exacerbated by some cosmetics, I was searching for a concealing product that would help disguise the cysts' awful color and size. After trying various sticks, liquids and powders, I finally settled on Secret Camouflage after a Laura Mercier consultant demonstrated to me its virtues. I was matched with SC-3, even though my complexion is on the lighter side of NW/NC20, because it's better at camouflaging any redness. Since the professional application of this concealer, I have applied my own with a flat concealer brush with wonderful results. I dip one side of my brush into one of SC's two shades, then dip the other side of the brush into the other shade. I mix the two shades on my hand, then apply the blended product onto my breakout-prone areas. I blend, pounch, and blend some more, sweeping it into areas that aren't broken out but still contain redness. The density of pigment in this formulation makes concealment seamless. Even though I have rosacea and scarring, it's possible for me to go foundation-less when I apply Secret Camouflage this way. This product does contain some comedogenic ingredients, so I can't recommend for the very acne-prone. As my acne is hormonally driven, I'm not concerned about its effects. I won't be without this product for as long as its manufactured.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ExFactor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I don't understand the whole hype around this product. I have oily / combination skin (oily on the T-Zone), and this product always looks patchy on me. When I put it on, it wears off after less than an hour, and it's drying, too. If I have a blemish, it actually makes it more apparent than concealed. This product is a definite "no-no" for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far THE BEST concealer I have ever found. Great for covering up acne and scars. The shades let you custom blend to the exact color you need. I will use this forever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in light. It is good on blemishes and broken capillaries, but lousy under the yes. It settles into fine lines and wrinkles and doesn't provide enough coverage. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinspiceforevar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this when I first bought it. It was dry and didn't spread very well at all. After I broke through the top layer and figured out the best way to use it (fingers only, I hate using a brush with this product) I found it to be amazing, smooth, creamy, and has wonderful coverage. I mix my 2 colors together (my shade is S3) and it's a perfect match. This is full coverage concealer for sure. I wouldn't use this under my eyes, as I feel it's too thick and a bit too dry for that area, but a little bit of highlighting in the inner corners with the lighter shade couldn't hurt, I think. I'm actually hitting pan on one of the shades, but it has lasted me a good long while. I don't need much of it, especially since I mix 2 shades. I also love the compact packaging! I get weird bumps in this concealer though, just on the smaller side. No clue what that is, but it looks gross. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Samigfb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally read the reviews on here about this concealer and was very skeptical, but after speaking with a Laura Mercier makeup artist and having her apply this concealer I was sold. It covers my redness and any acne spots beautifully and truly leaves me with a flawless complexion. A few things about this concealer:

1. It is NOT meant to be an under eye concealer. It is meant for the face only. If you speak with any Laura Mercier professional they will tell you it is not for under eyes. They have a different concealer for that area.

2. Many people complain that the texture is off. That is because you are supposed to blend the two colors. It is supposed to have a crayon-like consistency in the compact. While blending, you will warm up the concealer and it will go on smoother. Also, this thick consistency is what gets the concealer to stay on, cover fully and wear for a long time.

3. People complain that the blending of colors is too difficult or messy, etc. Get a concealer brush, swipe one side of the brush twice on the light color and the other side of your concealer brush twice on the dark color. then blend either on the underside of your wrist or use a corner of the mirror on the compact. The color will blend towards the tip of your concealer brush and then you can easily dot on troubled areas of your face. This seriously takes less than 30 seconds.

A final note: according to Laura Mercier, you should put on your concealer after your foundation to acheive a "flawless face". That way your concealer wont slide or run off while putting on foundation.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No