Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 8/14/2013 4:41:00 PM

This really camouflages everything! You need to really mix it with a brush to make this work. If I had nt gotten instructions from the sales assistant I would never have gotten it. I mix it with the tinted moisturiser for areas around my eyes. It really is the best concealer I have ever used. And BELIEVE ME, I have tried a lot.

on 8/8/2013 4:48:00 AM

Provides good coverage for acne and blemishes but a little too dry will need to mix a little of cream concealer to achieve a smoother look.

on 8/6/2013 1:11:00 PM

I use the SC-3 and I really like the colors. I can hit my undereye area and blemishes with the same compact, so it's a spacesaver in my bag. However, I'm not a fan of how dry it is. I think it emphasizes my lines. As much as I like the color, I need something creamier. I'll use it up, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/1/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is okay for me, at best. I like that it's dry-ish instead of creamy because it's easier for me to apply one layer and get the coverage I need, but it doesn't last long on my oily face. I gave it only one lippie for packaging because I hate LM's packaging because I can't what's in a compact without opening it. I have a pressed powder and the concealer and both compacts are identical. I have to look at the label on the back or open a compact to tell what's what. It would be nice to have a clear lid or top to be able to see the product. Also, if you stand the product upright and the button for opening the compact is on the bottom, the product opens slightly and you don't know it.

on 6/19/2013 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I read some great reviews of this and so tried it at Sephora. I was stupid and let an associate convince me that this looked good on me--despite me looking in the mirror at obvious caking. (Yes, I'm working on my boundary issues!) I bought it and tried playing with it a few more times at home and I HATE it.

I agree with others who have mentioned that the duo concept is tricky to figure out and I feel like I'm doing it wrong every time. Then there's the awful super hard consistency--I have to mix in some lotion to make it easier to apply. But no matter how I get it on, it settled in my fine lines and emphasized them--not a good look! I am so looking forward to returning it and getting it out of my life :)

The other LM concealer I tried at the store was much better (the one that comes in a little pot), but the amount you get is tiny for $30.

I will have to keep searching.

on 6/3/2013 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the price I was hesitate. So glad I bought it though!! You have to rub your fingers in it for a couple seconds to warm it up I use it under my eyes and then use a damp beauty blender it makes my under eyes glow! Im in love! I work 12 hours in a ICU at a hospital and Im almost done with my shift and I have no creases yet under my eyes! I set it with translucent powder in the am and Im set all day! Would def buy again if I happen to have the money but there is alot of product in the compact with is great for travel but its just unsanitary to keep using your fingers in it so Ill have to figure a differnt way to use this when it comes to that!

on 5/24/2013 4:18:00 AM

UGH I hated this concealer. It was so cakey, made me look like a ghost and despite me having VERY oily skin accentuated every dry flake I didn't even know I had! And it didn't even last very long. I don't even know how people can manage to use this on their eyes when it's so drying and cakey that I can't use it to cover my acne.

on 5/15/2013 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never write reviews but I felt like this deserved one. I have THE WORST breakouts right now. I have scars and cysts all over my cheeks that my derm is trying to take care of. In the meantime I will not be without this concealer. It saves my face. I wear it under foundation so it blends perfectly with a beauty blender. It stays all day and my skin looks normal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this concealer!!!!! I was hesitant to buy it at first because it was so expensive, but I watch Carli bell's makeup tutorials on youtube (which, by the way, if you're a make up guru like myself you should DEFINITELY check them out..SHES AMAZING!!!) and she swears by this stuff.. so I thought "why not." One of the best purchases I ever made!!!! I was blessed with very normal skin so I don't get a lot of break outs but for that occassional pimple it covers it flawlessly. I don't know why some of these reviews are saying that you're not supposed to use it for under your eyes. I work at Sephora and we are instructed to use it under people's eyes. If it creases for you, try a primer underneath. I use the shade SC-3 and it matches me pretty well. You're always supposed to set your make up with some kind of powder so whoever says it looks cakey should try doing that to blend it! ITS ALL ABOUT THE BLENDING PEOPLE!!! I reccomend this product to anyone and everyone! It's pricey but lasts FOREVER! BUY BUY BUY!!!

on 4/25/2013 4:48:00 PM

Excellent concealer for blemishes, spots and redness. I have mild rosacea and when my nose flushes red, i whip this out and it covers so well the redness disappears, the coverage is excellent. I dont use it under my eyes, as i find it setlles in my lines, however brilliant for covering spots. Fairly expensive, but it lasts ages, i must of had mine 4 years and theres still half left. Havent given it 5 lippies as the case broke easily and i have to keep it closed with a hair bobble. Other than that, amaze!!