Clinique High Impact Duo in Like Mink

4.2

on 9/2/2007 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great duo eyeshadow. great for smokey eyes too.

on 3/15/2007 8:19:00 PM

Nice color but it doesn't stay on. it makes me so mad. stay away. this is useless.

on 2/19/2007 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This review is for the High Impact duo in Like Mink, a discontinued product. Please start a new review for Clinique's reformulated version, the Color Surge duo.

The "High Impact" duo in "Like Mink" has passed from this world, and perhaps for a good reason. I picked this up in a swap and immediately understood why Clinique decided to do away with the "High Impact" formula - it is powdery, chalky to apply and doesn't have much for staying power. The colors, however, are beautiful - this duo contains a shimmery neutral beige and a medium, muted chocolate brown with golden sheen - probably the best "daily" duo I've encountered to date. The shades play extremely well together, and I understand easily why Clinique carried over this shade duo into it's new formula duos, "Color Surge". I extremely doubt I will go the extra mile to pick up this discontinued product as the formula is very mediocre. However, I am serious considering picking up Clinique's "Color Surge" version of this, which has the exact same shades, but the Color Surge formula I know and love (and stays on my eyelids). This is a shade combination brown eyeshadow lovers will enjoy. continued >>

on 11/8/2006 1:05:00 PM

I love this shadow. It's the perfect color. It's just shimmery enough.
The powder goes on like silk. I love it!!!

on 8/3/2006 12:29:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow! There's a slightly shimmery champagne and a shimmery chocolate brown color. I use the champagne from my lash line to my brows and apply the brown in my crease. It lasts all day long and doesn't crease. I have blue green eyes and this looks very good with my eye color. I also use the clinique Quickliner in indigo and i love this look! Highly recommend this eyeshadow!

on 7/15/2006 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eyeshadow pair. The colours are just perfect. The shimmer in it is subtle and not too obvious. It gives a nice daytime look with a light hand and can also be used for night. The price is very reasonable as well. EDIT: This is getting less buildable, and getting sheerer. (It might be just me since I'm more into the smokey eyes nowadays).

on 7/1/2006 10:51:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow duo. it makes the perfect pair! i use it during the day and create smokey eyes with this shadow plus additional eyeliner. this creates a not too much daytime look. i also bought one for my friend and she even used it up before me! this set is longlasting! and no need to reapply during the day! i LOVE this eyeshadow duo!

on 6/22/2006 5:41:00 AM

I love these two colors combinded!! I use it with Quickliner ( also from clinique ) in Dark Chocolate looks sooo pretty. It's a beautiful champange and goldish brownish color! Looks lovely for daytime and evening looks..
I would definately buy again..Kinda reminds me of Clinique's EYE Duo in 'Coffee Shop' But this is definately alot more lighter and natrual looking..
I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A BEAUTIFUL NATRUAL LOOKING SHADOW!

on 5/11/2006 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One pale shimmery bone shade and one medium shimmery chocolate color inside a mirrored compact. I have a medium/yellow based skin tone and I love to put the white one over my entire lid and then define my eyes where my crease would be with the brown one. Very pretty and natural.

on 3/20/2006 11:21:00 AM

this is a great shadow to wear! the colors complement each other and my dark brown eyes so well. the highlighting color is a beigey/tan color and the brown color has little gold specks that keep it from getting too boring. stays on my eyes all day long and it's great for work or when i go out at night.