MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

on 6/28/2010 10:16:00 PM

Beautiful color but terrible staying power!! Gone after an hour- anyone know of a comparable color in the SATIN formulation???

on 6/22/2010 6:33:00 PM

I picked this up today because they were out of Sophisto. It's ok plummy lustre but it doesn't have the sheen that Sophisto has, which is what I love about it, I'll keep it and wear it but it's not a replacement for my HG Sophisto.

on 6/15/2010 10:31:00 AM

A very pretty, wearable lipstick. I do not find the lustre formula drying in the least and like the vanilla scent. When I first opened the tube I was a bit intimidated by the how plum this looks, but it goes on quite lightly and finishes to a nice berry shade - natural and very flattering. The only downside to this lipstick is that it just does not last on me - after about three hours it is completely gone from my lips. This looks great with fuchsia gloss layered over it.

on 5/12/2010 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This lippie looks SUPER plum in the stick, but goes on me as a lovely berry color. I have very pigmented lips anyway, so Capricious is the perfect 'my lips but better' color with a bit of drama. Great it you prefer to draw attention to your mouth rather than your eyes, as I do.

I love Lustre lipsticks in general. The formula isn't nearly as drying as most lipsticks are for me. I still have the slather on balm before I apply the lipsticks, but after that it manages to stay moist and, well, lustrous.

Would definitely buy again. Huzzah!

on 3/15/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this lipstick to wear on my wedding day. Generally, I'm a Black Honey girl, but that's little more than a lip balm in terms of lasting power and I didn't want to be constantly reapplying lipstick the whole day. So, I chose Capricious, which is creamy enough to be long-lasting without being too drying. The shade is exactly what I wanted- on my fair (NC20) skin, it's a true "my lips but better" color that brightens my whole face. I can see myself wearing this long after the wedding.

on 1/21/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Capricious is a beautiful dark pinky-plummy shade on my pigmented lips. Gorgeous cool-toned colour!

on 12/5/2009 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I personally don't find MAC lustre finish lipsticks to be all that drying, but your mileage may vary.

Capricious is a berryish shade on my lips, which I really like. It's not too bright, not too plummy or berry and not to deep and dark. (helpful, eh?) It's a color that I could wear every single day if I wanted to ~ versatile and wearable with any number of eyeshadow and blush combos.

Lustre finishes also seem to wear off a teensy bit quickly, but I like the fact that they somewhat stain the lips so I'm walking around work at 11am without a full face of m/u except for the lips.

on 11/5/2009 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great everyday color for me. It's more of a muted rose than a plum or berry on me. I pair it with a clear gloss, or one of the simpler dazzleglasses, think baby sparks, to give it some moisture. It can easily be played up as well, and looks great with most eye looks depending on how you wear it.

on 10/24/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this color! It's a great neutral, rosy shade. I agree about it drying but I take care of that putting a dazzleglass over it. That prolongs staying power and gives it a great look. I like rags to riches dazzleglass paired with this lipstick!

on 7/14/2009 12:26:00 PM

This is really a nice colour, I like how it stains my lips when it wears off. Staying power could be better but most of the lustre finishes aren't long lasting because of their sheerness. I don't mind having to reapply.

Popular Lipsticks