MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

I don't wear lipstick too often but since purchasing this lipstick about a month ago, I have been wearing it every time I step out. It looks dark but it's a Lustre formula so it is just a nice healthy-looking hint of color on me. It is moisturizing & has a nice shine. The only reason why I didn't give it a perfect score is because it doesn't lasting power and it's on the pricier side for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I grab this because the packaging is cool for me, and the texture seems nice. At first Im a bit dissapointed with the color because for some reasons it doesnt match my skin tone >< But after I experimented with lipgloss, it looks so good!^^ Maybe will see diff colors for next purchase :p

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For me, this is a GREAT colour. It's quite a change from my usual favourites - Craving and Plumful, which are more on the plum/pink/rose side. Capricious really looks like makeup - looks like you've gone to the trouble of really applying lipstick but it's not harsh or overdone looking - just finished and kinda glam. And I find the staying power to be quite good - perhaps because when it wears off, it still leaves a nice, even stain behind that still looks like "something" - it still looks flattering. This is a staple for me and if MAC discontinues it, I will probably buy half a dozen back-ups.

Beautiful color but terrible staying power!! Gone after an hour- anyone know of a comparable color in the SATIN formulation???

I picked this up today because they were out of Sophisto. It's ok plummy lustre but it doesn't have the sheen that Sophisto has, which is what I love about it, I'll keep it and wear it but it's not a replacement for my HG Sophisto.

A very pretty, wearable lipstick. I do not find the lustre formula drying in the least and like the vanilla scent. When I first opened the tube I was a bit intimidated by the how plum this looks, but it goes on quite lightly and finishes to a nice berry shade - natural and very flattering. The only downside to this lipstick is that it just does not last on me - after about three hours it is completely gone from my lips. This looks great with fuchsia gloss layered over it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This lippie looks SUPER plum in the stick, but goes on me as a lovely berry color. I have very pigmented lips anyway, so Capricious is the perfect 'my lips but better' color with a bit of drama. Great it you prefer to draw attention to your mouth rather than your eyes, as I do.

I love Lustre lipsticks in general. The formula isn't nearly as drying as most lipsticks are for me. I still have the slather on balm before I apply the lipsticks, but after that it manages to stay moist and, well, lustrous.

Would definitely buy again. Huzzah!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this lipstick to wear on my wedding day. Generally, I'm a Black Honey girl, but that's little more than a lip balm in terms of lasting power and I didn't want to be constantly reapplying lipstick the whole day. So, I chose Capricious, which is creamy enough to be long-lasting without being too drying. The shade is exactly what I wanted- on my fair (NC20) skin, it's a true "my lips but better" color that brightens my whole face. I can see myself wearing this long after the wedding.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Capricious is a beautiful dark pinky-plummy shade on my pigmented lips. Gorgeous cool-toned colour!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I personally don't find MAC lustre finish lipsticks to be all that drying, but your mileage may vary.

Capricious is a berryish shade on my lips, which I really like. It's not too bright, not too plummy or berry and not to deep and dark. (helpful, eh?) It's a color that I could wear every single day if I wanted to ~ versatile and wearable with any number of eyeshadow and blush combos.

Lustre finishes also seem to wear off a teensy bit quickly, but I like the fact that they somewhat stain the lips so I'm walking around work at 11am without a full face of m/u except for the lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin