September 30, 2014 | 2122 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Capricious

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick to wear on my wedding day. Generally, I'm a Black Honey girl, but that's little more than a lip balm in terms of lasting power and I didn't want to be constantly reapplying lipstick the whole day. So, I chose Capricious, which is creamy enough to be long-lasting without being too drying. The shade is exactly what I wanted- on my fair (NC20) skin, it's a true "my lips but better" color that brightens my whole face. I can see myself wearing this long after the wedding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Capricious is a beautiful dark pinky-plummy shade on my pigmented lips. Gorgeous cool-toned colour!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by beaglesrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I personally don't find MAC lustre finish lipsticks to be all that drying, but your mileage may vary.

Capricious is a berryish shade on my lips, which I really like. It's not too bright, not too plummy or berry and not to deep and dark. (helpful, eh?) It's a color that I could wear every single day if I wanted to ~ versatile and wearable with any number of eyeshadow and blush combos.

Lustre finishes also seem to wear off a teensy bit quickly, but I like the fact that they somewhat stain the lips so I'm walking around work at 11am without a full face of m/u except for the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great everyday color for me. It's more of a muted rose than a plum or berry on me. I pair it with a clear gloss, or one of the simpler dazzleglasses, think baby sparks, to give it some moisture. It can easily be played up as well, and looks great with most eye looks depending on how you wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Socotroca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this color! It's a great neutral, rosy shade. I agree about it drying but I take care of that putting a dazzleglass over it. That prolongs staying power and gives it a great look. I like rags to riches dazzleglass paired with this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by catlady09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really a nice colour, I like how it stains my lips when it wears off. Staying power could be better but most of the lustre finishes aren't long lasting because of their sheerness. I don't mind having to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by nySuesan

great everyday shade, would buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by cpatrice1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC Capricious is ... okay. I was looking for a vibrant, yet subtle pink for spring/summer to capitalize on this year's romantic rose trend. I am a brown-skinned, African-American women, and it looks decent on me -- but could look better.

I remember vascillating between Capricious and Plumful. Perhaps I should've gotten Plumful?? May have been a bit brighter, yet flattering. Capricious will do, but I would not re-purchase. Also, it is drying -- but then, so many MAC lipsticks are. I'm pretty sure that also affects its appearance on my lips. I wish the LE All's Fair hadn't sold out -- I think I would have preferred that shade most.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by MissLucyLu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Probably one of my favorite all-around lipsticks for 10+ years. Does get a little dry over the course of the day but not too bad for such a good color and texture for my fair NW 15 skin. I recently bought Flirt's Chickstick (also manfactured by Estee Lauder) - although it does not have MAC's nice subtle smell, it is identical in all other respects and much cheaper when on sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by samanthaapril

This is my favourite MAC lip colour so far - it's a really nice soft rosy plum colour, with no shimmer or frostiness. I also have Plumful, but I find it a tiny bit fuschia-y and much prefer Capricious. I agree with a lot of the reviewers below who mention the dryness. It's ok when you first apply it, but the moisture wears off quickly, and you have to reapply often. I will repurchase this however, because I love the colour so much, and will maybe try putting the new Looks Like Sin cremesheen lipglass over it for moisture...