Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

3.7

Don't waste your money. This is a plain, non descript scent which has nothing to make it stand out. It has a sharpness to it that is neither nice nor remarkable. Spray a bit on your skin and you will see that it's nothing spectacular. I don't think you'd smell nice wearing this at all. Images this conjures - sharp, acrid, cheap, shampoo, soap. It's hard to describe, that's how unremarkable it is. Very, very cheap smelling scent.

on 6/19/2009 1:30:00 AM

My first 'grown up' scent... brings back memories of my 20's (sigh)
I still like the fragrance but I said no that I would not buy it again not because its terrible but I think that I've moved on.

on 4/22/2009 9:40:00 PM

I got a 150ml bottle of this from my sister in law. I don't like floral scents, they give me headache and this one surely did... BUT since I get compliments for its smell AND my husband likes the scent so much, I was encouraged to continue using the perfume. In fairness, I ended up liking it. It lasts through the day, fades off a little as the day progresses but is very much still there. It's best worn on day time.

on 3/25/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I will never forget the Golden Gate Temple in Japan, and this reminds me of that place so much!
When I saw the temple, it was morning. The trees were all shades of fire, and the temple was lit by the sun, golden and glorious, reflected in the serene lake surrounding it.
Very cheerful and tranquil, but it has a definite warmth (vanilla) and fire (amber) to it that gives it poise. It's got a grand & rich feeling, but because of that floral sweetness, it balances out. Very understated & pretty.
Aishwarya Rai once did a gorgeous bunch of ads for Longines, where the tagline was "Elegance is an attitude." I think that applies to this perfume, too.
Reviewers are saying that it is safe, which just means it will appeal to all sorts of people--your boyfriend, your facialist, various waiters. It leaves a subtle whisper of charm wherever you go. Its charm is in its simplicity.
It doesn't suit my personality, I've realized..but I DO wear it occasionally, & would definitely repurchase as a gift for an acquaintance who likes simple, subtle fragrances.

on 3/16/2009 8:56:00 PM

This is really a nice fragrance it is classy and smells expensive but it is reasonably priced at Tj Maxx a 4.2 oz costs 20 dollars! So cheap for a huge bottle I really like this purchase because the size is big and it is a pretty slender classy looking bottle! This is my Chanel because Chanel is too expensive and I could buy it but I'd rather buy a bunch of perfumes for the price of one bottle of Chanel! I like variety and I like to try new scents and I like this one it smells sweet creamy and vanilla with alot of lilac in it and I think lilacs smell so good! Well all in all this will be one perfume that I would always like to have on my dresser it is so affordable and smells so good and lasts too!

on 2/27/2009 8:58:00 PM

I love this, I don't wear it a much as I used to, but it smells very good on me. Sweet, rich, floral, I like it and so do most people who smell it on me.

on 12/9/2008 3:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Charming scent, light and easy to wear, but not my cup of tea... I generally got very bored with florals:-(

on 10/22/2008 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Very nice floral fragrance. To me, it conjures the "strong, capable, but feminine business woman" aura. A daytime fragrance for me.

on 10/22/2008 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've loved this scent, since childhood. It was one of my Mom's signature scents.... I recently saw a (4.2 oz) bottle a TJ Maxx, for $20 and couldn't leave the store without it. (LOL) I'm glad I bought it! It's a very sophisticated and classic scent. I can smell soft green exotic florals as well as amber, musk, sandalwood and vanilla, on my skin. Goes on a bit strong, but dries down more softly, within 30 minutes. Lasts all day!

on 9/27/2008 8:25:00 AM

A charming and refreshing - almost minty - floral. Light & easy to wear and stay true, doesn’t dry down to anything musty or cloying.

Popular Fragrances