December 24, 2014 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - 5th Avenue

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never forget the Golden Gate Temple in Japan, and this reminds me of that place so much!
When I saw the temple, it was morning. The trees were all shades of fire, and the temple was lit by the sun, golden and glorious, reflected in the serene lake surrounding it.
Very cheerful and tranquil, but it has a definite warmth (vanilla) and fire (amber) to it that gives it poise. It's got a grand & rich feeling, but because of that floral sweetness, it balances out. Very understated & pretty.
Aishwarya Rai once did a gorgeous bunch of ads for Longines, where the tagline was "Elegance is an attitude." I think that applies to this perfume, too.
Reviewers are saying that it is safe, which just means it will appeal to all sorts of people--your boyfriend, your facialist, various waiters. It leaves a subtle whisper of charm wherever you go. Its charm is in its simplicity.
It doesn't suit my personality, I've realized..but I DO wear it occasionally, & would definitely repurchase as a gift for an acquaintance who likes simple, subtle fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Dmarie1

This is really a nice fragrance it is classy and smells expensive but it is reasonably priced at Tj Maxx a 4.2 oz costs 20 dollars! So cheap for a huge bottle I really like this purchase because the size is big and it is a pretty slender classy looking bottle! This is my Chanel because Chanel is too expensive and I could buy it but I'd rather buy a bunch of perfumes for the price of one bottle of Chanel! I like variety and I like to try new scents and I like this one it smells sweet creamy and vanilla with alot of lilac in it and I think lilacs smell so good! Well all in all this will be one perfume that I would always like to have on my dresser it is so affordable and smells so good and lasts too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this, I don't wear it a much as I used to, but it smells very good on me. Sweet, rich, floral, I like it and so do most people who smell it on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Charming scent, light and easy to wear, but not my cup of tea... I generally got very bored with florals:-(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by BoxOfRocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice floral fragrance. To me, it conjures the "strong, capable, but feminine business woman" aura. A daytime fragrance for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've loved this scent, since childhood. It was one of my Mom's signature scents.... I recently saw a (4.2 oz) bottle a TJ Maxx, for $20 and couldn't leave the store without it. (LOL) I'm glad I bought it! It's a very sophisticated and classic scent. I can smell soft green exotic florals as well as amber, musk, sandalwood and vanilla, on my skin. Goes on a bit strong, but dries down more softly, within 30 minutes. Lasts all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Fantomia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A charming and refreshing - almost minty - floral. Light & easy to wear and stay true, doesn’t dry down to anything musty or cloying.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by KMM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smelled VERY strong going on but faded nicely to a flowery/powder scent.Staying power is horrible though.Smells good for as long as it lasts I guess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by jin1022000

yes, this might not be a "VERY SPECIAL SCENT", but I find most ppl luv it! When I wear 5th Ave. out, everybody would comment on my perfume (boys and gals). If you want ppl to notice that you "SMELL NICE", get it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by cadriani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to own this fragrance exclusively in High School not so much because I liked it so much but because this was a gift. Perfume used to be so expensive and I couldn't afford to buy by my own.
I still have about 10 ml of this left in the bottle. Since it changes smell a bit and considering my current massive fragrance collection (25+) I cannot bring myself to use this up. So I use it as a room spray.
However, my husband upon smelling this just loved it ! He never even commented on my No 5, Coco or Guerlains. But THIS..... God, how come ? It is a mystery to me. So I buy another 125 ml for AUD20 EDP (yes, it is really cheap now) from the drug store and use it at night for his sake.