Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Price: $

Price: $

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 1/18/2008 6:48:00 PM

Mmm(ooo)!! I love Udderly Smooth! I had forgotten about it until I saw it under the Unlisted Brands category, and I remember a few years ago I used quite a bit on my hands in the fall and winter. I did so because I was living at home at the time, and my little brother and sister have excema. Tubs of this stuff were scattered around the house, as my mom found that their skin responded very well to its formula. It moisturizes wonderfully and leaves no greasiness - rather, my hands felt very clean, as if I had used a very gentle soap to wash them, but without the dryness that accompanies handwashing with soap. The smell was also clean. I remember being tickled by the fact that it was used on cow udders, too, which made it more weird, and more likeable as a product. I'm not giving it 5 lippies because I haven't actually used this product in a while, but now that my memory is refreshed, I just might do so soon!

on 1/3/2008 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily, sensitive skin that is also weirdly dry sometimes and sometimes turns blotchy, burning, and red. When it does, what do I reach for? This stuff! This is great all over as well as ON MY FACE. It comes in a tube and in a jar. I use the tube for my face, as the stuff in a tube seems less thick than the stuff in the jar. I was hesitant to put this on my face, as it has lanolin, and general wisdom says lanolin can irritate and/or cause breakouts. But in desperation one day I smeared it all over my face, including eye area, and I had instant relief with surprisingly non-shiny / non -greasy results. I put my make up on over it and I had no problem. Mind, you, I have had severe burning reactions to Aveeno ultra-calming cream. This udderly smooth stuff ( I call it "moo cream") instantly calmed, hydrated and protected my irritable face, and did NOT make it more oily. I must say, however, that I only use it when my face is irritated or dry. Other times my face is too oily for any moisturizer. Fantastic find.

on 9/17/2007 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the regular moisturizer that come in a small 12 oz tub and you get for like $3 at Trader Joe's. I love this stuff and can't believe there's no separate review for the moisturizer and not the hand cream. It's lightly scented, like a fresh floral smell, and has a pearl-like sheen to it in the tub but it disappears into skin nearly instantly with no lingering scent. It does wonders on dry skin, I use it on my feet and elbows, and my feet are usually really dry since I live in So. Cal and wear flip flops nearly year round. My heels don't ever crack or get rough since I use this stuff in the morning and evening. A tub isn't the most hygienic thing, but I just wash my hands before each use. Sometimes in the winter my skin gets really dry and I use this as all over moisturizer and it calms my skin wonderfully. I've even used it on my face a couple of times as a night cream, it makes my skin a little oily in the morning but doesn't break me out. It's simply one of the best, cheapest moisturizers you can get.

on 9/15/2007 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

They keep showing this product on The Price is Right, so I thought I would try it. At first, when I read the label, I was wondering, "Is this really for people?" because the instructions talk about using it on cows! But, it is a simply fab product. You can't use this is you are allergic to lanolin or allantoin, since it contains both, but it is oil free and think that is why it sinks in so well, it's emollient without the petro products. I love to use on my hands and feet and dry legs at night. Very little scent to this product. I am thinking that I might take one of my unloved perfume oils and decant a little of this into a pot and make my own scented body cream next. You get a huge amount of this product for a very cheap price. I'm glad that The Price is Right showed this and spiked my curiousity in it. It's a light feeling moisturizer that sinks in fast, well and works, too. Quite impressed!

on 6/20/2007 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy this in the tub and use it as an body moisturizer. I love that it sinks right in and doesn't feel greasy. I either use it alone or mix it with a bit of baby lotion. It's cleared my dry skin right up!

on 1/19/2007 2:15:00 PM

I love this hand cream! It goes on smooth and is dry in an instant leaving no greasy hands behind. It is also dirt cheap! Definitely worth the buy!

on 12/24/2006 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I bought a mini-tube of this because I ran out of the house without any hand lotion. I really like this. It's unscented and moisturizes well without being greasy. Pretty dang cheap, too!

on 12/24/2006 4:02:00 PM

I like this as a hand cream it does an effective job, considering the cold Michigan winters, even when I come from outside my hands are still supple. But I did have to take a lippie off for the smell, to me it smells like cheap hairgrease. I like that it is not sticky and it sinks in fast. Got a travel sized one for 0.99 at Target.

on 9/10/2006 3:56:00 PM

Mooo!! I love this stuff. I use it as a hand cream primarily, but it works on any other body part just as effectively. It's not greasy, slimy or filmy - it sinks in almost instantly and leaves hands soft and supple. The consistency is lighter than other emoillent-rich hand lotions, but don't let that fool you - it definitely gives you the benefits of a thick and heavy cream without the stickiness. I've given "moo cream" (as I call it) to several friends and everyone has raved. One friend especially loved it - her skin was so dry and itchy during her pregnancy that she needed to apply something often, and this was just the ticket. I bought her the big jar to keep with her when she gave birth. (Incidentally, I read a few previous reviews about packaging - it does come tubes - there's a long tube and a travel-sized tube that can be found at Harmon Cosmetics, Walgreens and Wal-Mart.) And, you can't beat the price. I personally love the clean, almost non-scented smell of this lotion, but I guess it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

on 4/19/2006 1:51:00 AM

For some reason, this actually made my hands drier. Also, I didn't like the smell, but maybe I got a bad tube? It sure was cheap though.

Popular Lotions / Creams