Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Price: $

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 9/15/2007 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

They keep showing this product on The Price is Right, so I thought I would try it. At first, when I read the label, I was wondering, "Is this really for people?" because the instructions talk about using it on cows! But, it is a simply fab product. You can't use this is you are allergic to lanolin or allantoin, since it contains both, but it is oil free and think that is why it sinks in so well, it's emollient without the petro products. I love to use on my hands and feet and dry legs at night. Very little scent to this product. I am thinking that I might take one of my unloved perfume oils and decant a little of this into a pot and make my own scented body cream next. You get a huge amount of this product for a very cheap price. I'm glad that The Price is Right showed this and spiked my curiousity in it. It's a light feeling moisturizer that sinks in fast, well and works, too. Quite impressed!

on 6/20/2007 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy this in the tub and use it as an body moisturizer. I love that it sinks right in and doesn't feel greasy. I either use it alone or mix it with a bit of baby lotion. It's cleared my dry skin right up!

on 1/19/2007 2:15:00 PM

I love this hand cream! It goes on smooth and is dry in an instant leaving no greasy hands behind. It is also dirt cheap! Definitely worth the buy!

on 12/24/2006 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I bought a mini-tube of this because I ran out of the house without any hand lotion. I really like this. It's unscented and moisturizes well without being greasy. Pretty dang cheap, too!

on 12/24/2006 4:02:00 PM

I like this as a hand cream it does an effective job, considering the cold Michigan winters, even when I come from outside my hands are still supple. But I did have to take a lippie off for the smell, to me it smells like cheap hairgrease. I like that it is not sticky and it sinks in fast. Got a travel sized one for 0.99 at Target.

on 9/10/2006 3:56:00 PM

Mooo!! I love this stuff. I use it as a hand cream primarily, but it works on any other body part just as effectively. It's not greasy, slimy or filmy - it sinks in almost instantly and leaves hands soft and supple. The consistency is lighter than other emoillent-rich hand lotions, but don't let that fool you - it definitely gives you the benefits of a thick and heavy cream without the stickiness. I've given "moo cream" (as I call it) to several friends and everyone has raved. One friend especially loved it - her skin was so dry and itchy during her pregnancy that she needed to apply something often, and this was just the ticket. I bought her the big jar to keep with her when she gave birth. (Incidentally, I read a few previous reviews about packaging - it does come tubes - there's a long tube and a travel-sized tube that can be found at Harmon Cosmetics, Walgreens and Wal-Mart.) And, you can't beat the price. I personally love the clean, almost non-scented smell of this lotion, but I guess it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

on 4/19/2006 1:51:00 AM

For some reason, this actually made my hands drier. Also, I didn't like the smell, but maybe I got a bad tube? It sure was cheap though.

on 3/26/2006 6:36:00 PM

There are so many raves for this product. I'm sad I can't add my own, because this stuff is inexpensive and easy to find. I've used the hand cream and the body version for my feet, which need constant care (I'm always barefoot around the house, no matter what season) but neither impressed me. It absorbed quickly enough, and the scent wasn't that horrid (but then again, I used very little), but it was just a so-so product. Cute that they still instruct the buyer on how to apply this on cows, though. continued >>

on 2/24/2006 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wow what a cheap product that works so well. First, I have eczema and I need to moisturize my hands ten times a day. I usuallyhave minimal success with most hand creams and resigned myself to rough hands. Forget the rest of my body- which requires heavy lotions regardless- my hands were hopeless due to constant washing. This was only 99 cents at Bed Bath and Beyond (an EXCELLENT place to buy beauty products if you can get to one near you - I have never been to a cheaper store). I have been using this for a week. And after a minimum of using it three times a day- my hands are eczema free!! I mean my hands are actually softer and smoother than the rest of me - so guess what I'll be purchasing for the rest of my body? You got it- Udderly Smooth. This is truly my new HG moisturizer. And it works for my face too - I still prefer cetaphil for my face but this can certainly substitute as a back-up in my purse. The smell is fine to me - I think it smells clean and fresh - maybe they improved on the scent?

on 2/16/2006 2:37:00 PM

Wow, shame this stuff smells so bad. It really works on my dry hands. I have a newborn baby and live in a cold, dry climate, so washing my hands several times a day leaves them horribly dry. This is the only cream I have used that really does last through multiple handwashings. It leaves my hands soft and smooth. Lovely. But it really does smell like the underside of a cow, which is hard for me to stomach. If only it smelled better, it would be an hg.