November 27, 2014 | 962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Udderly Smooth - Hand Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ADH83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this as a hand cream it does an effective job, considering the cold Michigan winters, even when I come from outside my hands are still supple. But I did have to take a lippie off for the smell, to me it smells like cheap hairgrease. I like that it is not sticky and it sinks in fast. Got a travel sized one for 0.99 at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by emmeline24

Mooo!! I love this stuff. I use it as a hand cream primarily, but it works on any other body part just as effectively. It's not greasy, slimy or filmy - it sinks in almost instantly and leaves hands soft and supple. The consistency is lighter than other emoillent-rich hand lotions, but don't let that fool you - it definitely gives you the benefits of a thick and heavy cream without the stickiness. I've given "moo cream" (as I call it) to several friends and everyone has raved. One friend especially loved it - her skin was so dry and itchy during her pregnancy that she needed to apply something often, and this was just the ticket. I bought her the big jar to keep with her when she gave birth. (Incidentally, I read a few previous reviews about packaging - it does come tubes - there's a long tube and a travel-sized tube that can be found at Harmon Cosmetics, Walgreens and Wal-Mart.) And, you can't beat the price. I personally love the clean, almost non-scented smell of this lotion, but I guess it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2006 1:51:00 AM More reviews by shhhhhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason, this actually made my hands drier. Also, I didn't like the smell, but maybe I got a bad tube? It sure was cheap though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 6:36:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

There are so many raves for this product. I'm sad I can't add my own, because this stuff is inexpensive and easy to find. I've used the hand cream and the body version for my feet, which need constant care (I'm always barefoot around the house, no matter what season) but neither impressed me. It absorbed quickly enough, and the scent wasn't that horrid (but then again, I used very little), but it was just a so-so product. Cute that they still instruct the buyer on how to apply this on cows, though. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow what a cheap product that works so well. First, I have eczema and I need to moisturize my hands ten times a day. I usuallyhave minimal success with most hand creams and resigned myself to rough hands. Forget the rest of my body- which requires heavy lotions regardless- my hands were hopeless due to constant washing. This was only 99 cents at Bed Bath and Beyond (an EXCELLENT place to buy beauty products if you can get to one near you - I have never been to a cheaper store). I have been using this for a week. And after a minimum of using it three times a day- my hands are eczema free!! I mean my hands are actually softer and smoother than the rest of me - so guess what I'll be purchasing for the rest of my body? You got it- Udderly Smooth. This is truly my new HG moisturizer. And it works for my face too - I still prefer cetaphil for my face but this can certainly substitute as a back-up in my purse. The smell is fine to me - I think it smells clean and fresh - maybe they improved on the scent?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, shame this stuff smells so bad. It really works on my dry hands. I have a newborn baby and live in a cold, dry climate, so washing my hands several times a day leaves them horribly dry. This is the only cream I have used that really does last through multiple handwashings. It leaves my hands soft and smooth. Lovely. But it really does smell like the underside of a cow, which is hard for me to stomach. If only it smelled better, it would be an hg.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by psych12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Besides being a hilarious label read, this stuff actually works. I like it for sensitive skin areas. I would pefer it in a tube though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 5:03:00 AM More reviews by limpylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I had given Nivea a try, but felt that it was too greasy and can only apply it right before I go to bed. This is a much better alternative. It has a similar scent (clean and somewhat soapy) but does not leave a greasy film and is much easier to apply than the original Nivea cream. This cream is light and whipped and slathers on quite easily. It leaves my skin super soft and the price is unbeatable. I bought a jar of this at Trader Joe's for under 3 bucks. This is definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by hishipsandhers

I love this product. The smell doesn't bother you as much once you get use to it & you realise what great results you are getting. In my family we all have extremely dry skin, and as a younger child I suffered from cracked, bleeding feet because of it. I've been using this product for years, since it's been under a different name & i have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by metavf

I was happy to find uddercream in the US. I'm from the Netherlands and there uddercream is a more general product to moisturize dry and chapped hands (and farmers use it on cow udders as well I presume). Every drugstore there has it's own brands so there's more to choose from when it comes to consistency and packaging.

Here this seems to be the only brand available in drugstores but it works well. Non-greasy and very moisturizing, I'm sure it will get me through the winter months ahead :-)