December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Kremenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like to write a negative review, but there it is. This bar does not work for me. It gives certain volume at first, but very soon (3-4 hours after washing) my hair suddenly starts to produce sebum. It is not a nice picture and I feel really bad. I suppose some of the natural ingredients are not suitable for my scalp. But that's the natural products on me - if they work, they are excellent; if they don't work - the result is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by LivFormston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really fine hair which takes a lot of dyeing and heat treating ever since I was 15. After three years, I noticed it was getting harder to grow, thinner, and breaking easier, so I tried New. I've only had it for a few weeks, but after the first wash, I was amazed. My hair felt and looked soooo shiny and thick. It is quite drying, so I use it with Retread triple strength conditioner and occasionally with Daddy-O violet shampoo (because I adore the smell :P) I personally hated the smell at first, but it really grows on you after you smell it every day. Really spicy and herbally. Have noticed less breakage and dry hair. The only problem for me are the bits of cinnamon that poke you in the scalp! But I found they were easy to pick out. It gives a really thick lather and leaves my hair feeling really clean. Love it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

overall: 4

Price: 2 ($10.95 CAN, but it should last a REALLY long time)

Packaging: 2 (I don't mind though, the tin is pretty cute)

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried this out based on a recommendation from my best friend. For reference, I am 25 years old, asian, and have fine, dark brown straight hair. My scalp gets quite greasy and I usually have to wash my hair everyday otherwise it's just gross.

I have always had fine hair and I do shed a lot -- but lately I've been finding I'm losing A LOT of hair, and I felt like I was actually kind of balding -- I think it might be from stress. I tried using thickening shampoos, cleansing conditioners... I know you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday, but I really CANNOT go a day without washing otherwise my hair is a greasy, stringy mess, and let's be honest - I do not feel clean or good about myself if I go out in public like that!

Back to New! solid shampoo --My friend said it was supposed to be good for regrowing new hair, and the lady at Lush said the same. I liked the smell at the store -- just like cinnamon heart candies. I find the smell quite faint, to be honest -- I wish it was a little stronger. But, that's ok. I like the concept of solid shampoos because I feel like we're getting a more "concentrated" product, and that might be well worth $10.95, rather than a bottle of shampoo that is at least 50% water. I also like that there is less environmental waste and such.

After I wet my hair, I run the bar over my head a few times and then I lather up and massage into my scalp -- it eats away oil, tingles very slightly on the scalp and then rinses clean, leaving practically no scent in my hair. I find that my hair becomes just a little dry if I use it on its own, so I use Jungle solid conditioner with it (very sparingly) and it controls frizzies.

I don't know if this shampoo is helping with my hair-loss/thinning problem, but I feel like my hair is thicker and lusher... and I'm now able to go with washing my hair every other day! I never could do that before! Also my hair has more volume too, which I never was able to get with regular shampoos. I am totally impressed with LUSH Solid shampoos and will continue to buy!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nikitasaboo3

Few months back i was attacked by a viral infection and i was forced to take steroids because of drug reaction.Steroids had a bad effect on my hair .they shed soo much ,infact my desk where i work would be covered with my hair.i tried many shampoos ,packs and changed my diet but nothing worked untill i used New! .Right from the 1st wash the hair fall halted.i can see my hair is more stronger now .i used it for 2 months continously and now wash with it evry other day. Super solution for hairfall. Downside it melts !! it melts !! i have to make sure that i dry this shampoo properly .It also a bit drying but my hair is very oily so its kind of a plus for me . i would recommend this to any one with hairfall due to harmonal changes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

After trying and loving Jumping Juniper, I decided to give NEW! a try. I was hoping it would help control my oily hair and help strengthen my hair, which is very prone to breakage. This shampoo bar was great for both of these issues.
First of all, I love the smell. It's definitely a cinnamon scent, but not like a stick of Big Red or anything. It's a nice, light, herbaly cinnamon scent. I honestly hardly notice the smell in the shower when I use this -- the scent is very light. I actually wish it was stronger, but I can see the smell annoying some people if it were too strong. I also want to mention the price. This is only $11 and it lasted me about 3 months. I think that's a steal! I'm used to buying shampoos in the $20-range that only last 1-2 months. I think the shampoo bars are a total bargain.
To use this shampoo, I wet my hair, wet the bar, rub it down my hair about 6 times, lather, and rinse. LUSH says you only need to swipe your hair 3 times with the bar, but I have long hair and I like a really good, foamy lather, so I do 5-6 swipes. This lathers just as well as any bottled shampoo and you really feel like you're cleaning your hair well. One thing I love about this shampoo is how clean it rinses. Most shampoos leave a residue in my hair and it never feels totally clean after rinsing, but this makes my hair squeaky clean with no heaviness or residue left behind.
This bar definitely helped control my oiliness. I still shampoo every day when I use this, but if I wanted to I could get away with every other day. This and Jumping Juniper are the best shampoos I have ever used for oily hair, so if you struggle with the same problem I highly recommend these. The extra benefit to NEW!, though, is how strong it made my hair. In less than a week after using this, I noticed less breakage, less hair being pulled out when brushing, and less shedding throughout the day. Using a strengthening conditioner along with this only increased how well this shampoo worked.
This shampoo is literally a Godsend for me. I was always wary of trying this one out because I was afraid it would stain my bleached blonde hair red, but I had no issues with that, luckily! I really have nothing bad to say about this shampoo bar. If you have normal to oily hair that is prone to breakage or shedding, I cannot recommend this shampoo bar enough. I used up my bar a few weeks ago and I'm totally lost without it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was very excited to try Lush again, as they were re-introduced to Singapore after an absence of almost 10 years. So one of the first stash I had was this, together with the Green solid bar (and a whole bunch of other things). While Green and later Godiva agreed very well with me, I found New very odd. After a few days with it (I wash my hair everyday), I suddenly had a really weird sensation on my whole scalp one night. It was somewhat like an intense itch, (yet not), and I felt as if things were growing out of my scalp. Not a pleasant feeling. So I've shelved it for awhile (and it is stuck fast to its tin, anyway- more of that later).

However, having read some positive reviews of it by other people regarding how it made their hair grow, I think I might try again, but gingerly. Until it does something good (like Green and Godiva does), I'll probably not repurchase it.

And a word about the tins- forget about buying the tins to store it in. It'll be a waste of your money, less you either get it free, or you want the tin anyway, to store other things. Storing your shampoo bars in it will result in it being stuck in the tin, and when you pry it out, it'll be mushy and melted. I've since been using the tins for storing bits of Lush's massage bars which I cut off from the main bar, and these I use in bits each night after my shower. So, it's been put to good use, but you can forget about using the tins for its intended purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Easytigerrr

I have been trying to grow my hair long for a year, and it had only grown an inch. After using this shampoo, it was already half an inch longer after 2 months! I love the bar idea, especially for travel, but hate how it gets stuck in the tin at first! I would dry with a Kleenex and stand up in the tin for a bit and that seemed to help a lot. Also, I recommend storing out of the shower. My friend also uses this, and mine is still going after 3 months here hers has run out from shrinking when her family showers. As for the smell, I love it! And unlike other reviews I've read, I do not find it too strong once you're out of the shower. If you do decide to purchase this product I would recommend having a really amazing conditioner, because one downside is its super drying! All in all I highly recommend this product, it may seem like it costs a bit for a small amount of shampoo but if you take care to keep it out of the water, it can last for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by luli29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was introduced about a week ago to Lush products, starting with the Seanik shampoo bar. My husband bought it for himself, and I tried it an loved it, so decided to get more Lush just for me!
I looked into all the different bars, and decided to go with New! Ladies and gents, I am now a Lush addict!
This stuff smells divine, and cleans your hair so well. The idea of a shampoo bar is so fun too. I think I'm a convert, and am going back to get more Lush products this weekend. :) My husband is kind of obsessed too.
The only thing I don't love is having to dry the bar in the tin, but it's not too bad. I just stand it up on its edge for a bit then place it back in the tin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

love love love this product! it has made my hair so much softer and healthier overall. it is a little more difficult to use as a bar and it costs quite a bit but it lasts a long time and it lathers so well. i love the smell of this - not a scent i would have picked out myself - but this was recommended to me by the SA and i'm so glad she did. definitely worth it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Quixim

Cinnamon! A lot of people have had bits of trouble with having to dry out their shampoo bars, but I have a vertical soap holder in my shower that I just hang it in, which is convenient for me! That being said, I like it! It's a fairly understated scent, but it's a lot of fun when you're using it. And like all the Lush shampoo bars, it lasts well and I'm always surprised by how little I have to use to get a good lather going. The cinnamon sticks can snag when you run it through your hair, which is a shame, but the brick is otherwise very solid!