LUSH Solid Shampoo

4.1

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/25/2012 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First of all, I only like using LUSH products on my body. I really do refuse to use anything else. This shampoo bar does not have the best smell. It smells very strongly of cinnamon. It makes my scalp feel tingly after I use it but overall I love the result. I don't even need conditioner. I am a fan for life.

on 5/18/2012 7:55:00 AM

This shampoo was a big disappointment. I have extremely oily hair, and the SA recommended this to me, saying it was a really deep cleaning shampoo. I do not agree. After washing my hair with New, I still felt like I had some oily residue left in my hair. It also made my hair really pouffy and dry.
Also, storing this is very tricky. It wasn't too bad in the beginning, but after a few days, the water residue on the bar made it start melting on it's own. I didn't even get more than a month's use out of it.

on 5/11/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Last year I picked this up, along with some other LUSH items for Mother's Day.. for my aunt.

She normally uses Herbal Essences and a Pantene conditioner.. followed by a wee bit of Herbal Essences hair gel to control flyaways

She was at first a little hesitant as it was quite fragrant.. when she tried it she was. IN. LOVE. This is now the ONLY hair product she uses! No more conditioner, no more hair gel/setting products, noooothin'! Her hair is so soft, manageable, no flyaways and is always lightly scented and looking like a fresh cut every day!

As a huge LUSH fan, I can say I love their solid shampoo bars (I have it in Karma!) and is a staple in the house :-)

Why does it contain SLS? It is too agressive.

on 4/21/2012 9:58:00 PM

After using this every other day or so for a month, I am in love!
I have fine, very breakage prone hair...and after a few weeks of this I've noticed my hair has grown a lot faster (I can see because I have roots from dying my hair haha)
I usually am not a huge fan of LUSH shampoo bars, but this one gives nice volume and I LOVE the cinnamon smell :)

I do suggest using it with a thick conditioner though, because it can be a bit drying if you use it too much.

on 4/12/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do not like to write a negative review, but there it is. This bar does not work for me. It gives certain volume at first, but very soon (3-4 hours after washing) my hair suddenly starts to produce sebum. It is not a nice picture and I feel really bad. I suppose some of the natural ingredients are not suitable for my scalp. But that's the natural products on me - if they work, they are excellent; if they don't work - the result is bad.

on 4/8/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I have really fine hair which takes a lot of dyeing and heat treating ever since I was 15. After three years, I noticed it was getting harder to grow, thinner, and breaking easier, so I tried New. I've only had it for a few weeks, but after the first wash, I was amazed. My hair felt and looked soooo shiny and thick. It is quite drying, so I use it with Retread triple strength conditioner and occasionally with Daddy-O violet shampoo (because I adore the smell :P) I personally hated the smell at first, but it really grows on you after you smell it every day. Really spicy and herbally. Have noticed less breakage and dry hair. The only problem for me are the bits of cinnamon that poke you in the scalp! But I found they were easy to pick out. It gives a really thick lather and leaves my hair feeling really clean. Love it...

on 4/2/2012 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

overall: 4

Price: 2 ($10.95 CAN, but it should last a REALLY long time)

Packaging: 2 (I don't mind though, the tin is pretty cute)

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried this out based on a recommendation from my best friend. For reference, I am 25 years old, asian, and have fine, dark brown straight hair. My scalp gets quite greasy and I usually have to wash my hair everyday otherwise it's just gross.

I have always had fine hair and I do shed a lot -- but lately I've been finding I'm losing A LOT of hair, and I felt like I was actually kind of balding -- I think it might be from stress. I tried using thickening shampoos, cleansing conditioners... I know you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday, but I really CANNOT go a day without washing otherwise my hair is a greasy, stringy mess, and let's be honest - I do not feel clean or good about myself if I go out in public like that!

Back to New! solid shampoo --My friend said it was supposed to be good for regrowing new hair, and the lady at Lush said the same. I liked the smell at the store -- just like cinnamon heart candies. I find the smell quite faint, to be honest -- I wish it was a little stronger. But, that's ok. I like the concept of solid shampoos because I feel like we're getting a more "concentrated" product, and that might be well worth $10.95, rather than a bottle of shampoo that is at least 50% water. I also like that there is less environmental waste and such.

After I wet my hair, I run the bar over my head a few times and then I lather up and massage into my scalp -- it eats away oil, tingles very slightly on the scalp and then rinses clean, leaving practically no scent in my hair. I find that my hair becomes just a little dry if I use it on its own, so I use Jungle solid conditioner with it (very sparingly) and it controls frizzies.

I don't know if this shampoo is helping with my hair-loss/thinning problem, but I feel like my hair is thicker and lusher... and I'm now able to go with washing my hair every other day! I never could do that before! Also my hair has more volume too, which I never was able to get with regular shampoos. I am totally impressed with LUSH Solid shampoos and will continue to buy!

on 3/30/2012 1:50:00 PM

Few months back i was attacked by a viral infection and i was forced to take steroids because of drug reaction.Steroids had a bad effect on my hair .they shed soo much ,infact my desk where i work would be covered with my hair.i tried many shampoos ,packs and changed my diet but nothing worked untill i used New! .Right from the 1st wash the hair fall halted.i can see my hair is more stronger now .i used it for 2 months continously and now wash with it evry other day. Super solution for hairfall. Downside it melts !! it melts !! i have to make sure that i dry this shampoo properly .It also a bit drying but my hair is very oily so its kind of a plus for me . i would recommend this to any one with hairfall due to harmonal changes

on 3/29/2012 5:39:00 PM

After trying and loving Jumping Juniper, I decided to give NEW! a try. I was hoping it would help control my oily hair and help strengthen my hair, which is very prone to breakage. This shampoo bar was great for both of these issues.
First of all, I love the smell. It's definitely a cinnamon scent, but not like a stick of Big Red or anything. It's a nice, light, herbaly cinnamon scent. I honestly hardly notice the smell in the shower when I use this -- the scent is very light. I actually wish it was stronger, but I can see the smell annoying some people if it were too strong. I also want to mention the price. This is only $11 and it lasted me about 3 months. I think that's a steal! I'm used to buying shampoos in the $20-range that only last 1-2 months. I think the shampoo bars are a total bargain.
To use this shampoo, I wet my hair, wet the bar, rub it down my hair about 6 times, lather, and rinse. LUSH says you only need to swipe your hair 3 times with the bar, but I have long hair and I like a really good, foamy lather, so I do 5-6 swipes. This lathers just as well as any bottled shampoo and you really feel like you're cleaning your hair well. One thing I love about this shampoo is how clean it rinses. Most shampoos leave a residue in my hair and it never feels totally clean after rinsing, but this makes my hair squeaky clean with no heaviness or residue left behind.
This bar definitely helped control my oiliness. I still shampoo every day when I use this, but if I wanted to I could get away with every other day. This and Jumping Juniper are the best shampoos I have ever used for oily hair, so if you struggle with the same problem I highly recommend these. The extra benefit to NEW!, though, is how strong it made my hair. In less than a week after using this, I noticed less breakage, less hair being pulled out when brushing, and less shedding throughout the day. Using a strengthening conditioner along with this only increased how well this shampoo worked.
This shampoo is literally a Godsend for me. I was always wary of trying this one out because I was afraid it would stain my bleached blonde hair red, but I had no issues with that, luckily! I really have nothing bad to say about this shampoo bar. If you have normal to oily hair that is prone to breakage or shedding, I cannot recommend this shampoo bar enough. I used up my bar a few weeks ago and I'm totally lost without it!

Popular Shampoos