LUSH Solid Shampoo

4.1

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a haul along with some other things and have used this once. It's a red shampoo puck with two little bits of cinnamon at the top. It smells very strongly of cinnamon and a little of clove. It has a smooth feel on the surface and is slightly melty but only a little. I used this after getting out of the lake and it definitely cleaned my hair very easily. I got my hands wet and rubbed the bar between my hands and sometimes rubbed it on my head but be careful- the bits of cinnamon will tug on your hair. I expected the fragrance to "explode" in the shower with the heat and humidity but it wasn't very strong at all. I could hardly smell the cinnamon to be honest. It didn't really tingle my scalp too much, but my sensitive scalp is a little itchy. I' think it might be from the fact I already shampooed today, but i'm not going to be caught dead not washing my hair after getting out of a lake. I like this product and hope it helps with my shedding hair!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i've been using this product for about a month now, and i can say i'm totally in love with it. The solid shampoo makes my waves and curls shine and cleans my hair & scalp thoroughly. For my shoulder length hair i swipe it about 3 times along my hand, lather the product, then apply to my scalp. The product itself doesn't come in packaging and is sold in it's solid form, which is no worry to me, it saves up on space in the bathroom. if you love the smell of cinnamon you'll definitely love this ! Just make sure you leave this product somewhere to dry (if using a lush tin, MAKE SURE the bar is dry before putting it in, or it will get stuck to the bottom scraping it off will totally ruin the entire product ) before putting it away. Make sure it doesn't get too wet when using or it might turn goopy/run off, wasting the bar. My bar barely looks used, it feels like this puck is going to last forever. As for hair growth, this bar feels like it has actually improved my hair growth ( not drastically) but i did notice the difference. Though, I can happily say my hair's healthier than it has ever been, ever. I'll be checking out other solid shampoo bars, but i would def repurchase NEW ! in a heartbeat.

I love this stuff. I like the company's ethics and most of their products. And since breast cancer keeps turning its ugly head up in my family, I am trying to eliminate more and more chemicals from our home. And while all this plays a part, what brings me back to lush is the products. I love the smell of this bar first thing in the morning. It is a real wake up. I find that same fragrance in the Wiccan massage bar which I use after showers as a moisturizer, and also in volcano, a foot treatment. I already have a back up bar at home and could see myself stockpiling. I also use women romaine twice a day, which they warn contains alcohol, but have never had a bad reaction to this bar, or any other product.

The best shampoo I've used. My hair feels very healthy, it calms down my irritated scalp and encourages my hair to grow. It smells amazing too! What more could you want?

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

First of all, I only like using LUSH products on my body. I really do refuse to use anything else. This shampoo bar does not have the best smell. It smells very strongly of cinnamon. It makes my scalp feel tingly after I use it but overall I love the result. I don't even need conditioner. I am a fan for life.

This shampoo was a big disappointment. I have extremely oily hair, and the SA recommended this to me, saying it was a really deep cleaning shampoo. I do not agree. After washing my hair with New, I still felt like I had some oily residue left in my hair. It also made my hair really pouffy and dry.
Also, storing this is very tricky. It wasn't too bad in the beginning, but after a few days, the water residue on the bar made it start melting on it's own. I didn't even get more than a month's use out of it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Last year I picked this up, along with some other LUSH items for Mother's Day.. for my aunt.

She normally uses Herbal Essences and a Pantene conditioner.. followed by a wee bit of Herbal Essences hair gel to control flyaways

She was at first a little hesitant as it was quite fragrant.. when she tried it she was. IN. LOVE. This is now the ONLY hair product she uses! No more conditioner, no more hair gel/setting products, noooothin'! Her hair is so soft, manageable, no flyaways and is always lightly scented and looking like a fresh cut every day!

As a huge LUSH fan, I can say I love their solid shampoo bars (I have it in Karma!) and is a staple in the house :-)

Why does it contain SLS? It is too agressive.

After using this every other day or so for a month, I am in love!
I have fine, very breakage prone hair...and after a few weeks of this I've noticed my hair has grown a lot faster (I can see because I have roots from dying my hair haha)
I usually am not a huge fan of LUSH shampoo bars, but this one gives nice volume and I LOVE the cinnamon smell :)

I do suggest using it with a thick conditioner though, because it can be a bit drying if you use it too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do not like to write a negative review, but there it is. This bar does not work for me. It gives certain volume at first, but very soon (3-4 hours after washing) my hair suddenly starts to produce sebum. It is not a nice picture and I feel really bad. I suppose some of the natural ingredients are not suitable for my scalp. But that's the natural products on me - if they work, they are excellent; if they don't work - the result is bad.

Top Rated LUSH Products