AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

on 11/4/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the only chemical exfoliator I can use with no clogs or breakouts. I use it on my face, body and feet. It moisturizes well and does what it says. What more could I ask for? Im not fond of the smell but it goes away pretty quick. It does take a while to absorb so I only use before bedtime, I wake up with nice skin. I only use a few times a week, if you get this make sure to use spf during the day!!! Overall a good product, average price and works!

on 11/1/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Yikes. This is not for those with sensitive skin! I originally bought this to use on my face since a lot of people said it was great to prevent acne and help uneven skin tones. For that purpose, it was way too greasy and it made me break out in a rash. Unfortunately, it didn't work as a body lotion either. It makes my skin BURN and ITCH like crazy. I'm either allergic to something in it, or the AHA is just too strong for my skin type. I gave it to my sister who has KP on her upper arms. I hope it works for her!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off I actually have something from the dermatologist but it's basically the same thing. My Dad has cracked hands really bad so he was prescribed this and we have it in bulk. One day I was really itchy since my skin tends to be dry and I read the label and decided to try it. At first I had kind of an unpleasant tingly sensation that went away with the first minute or so, and I continued to apply it to my whole body and face. Noting has made my skin so healthy looking and feeling, I usually just by big jars of aquaphor and apply it daily. I did notice it didn't smell the best however it fades away once it dries. I've been applying this every night for a week and it's amazing, I'm seeing less blackheads and acne. My skin has never been smoother.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs (basically super dry skin bumps.) None of those intense repair and super moisturizing lotions did A THING. Suddenly, it got really bad. My legs were full of red, itchy/painful bumps!! It actually looked like psoriasis or something. I started using my lotions. Those made them smooth for maybe an hour or two, but just stayed on the surface and did nothing to get rid of the bumps. I didn't want to have to go to the dermatologist, so I bought this b/c I heard such great things, and the derm probably would have recommended it anyway. WOW. THIS IS THE BEST LOTION I HAVE EVER USED! I have only been using it for a few days, so I'll edit when my legs are more used to it. The bumps' redess and size was greatly reduced by the FIRST DAY. This stuff is wonderful. When using it on my body, I apply it twice a day, when I wake up and before bed. Every other day, I'll use a body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. After, I apply Amlactin. Warning- it does sting! In a good way, though, haha.) I have light acne and decided to try this on my face. It had alpha hydroxy acid, which is supposed to work wonders for acne. I haven't been using it long, but so far so good. I haven't broken out (crossing fingers,) and it hasn't made me oily. This is definitely a keeper :)

EDIT- This ended up being very harsh for my skin. Also, I went through the bottle way too fast for it to be worth it, especially because it was making my skin worse :( It cased my face to break out as well as my legs. Now I'm on Cetphil Restoraderm. It works bery well and is much gentler!

on 8/22/2011 9:11:00 PM

This former prescription-only lotion is great for dry skin and really helps speed up the exfoliating process. The fragrance is a strong ammonia like formula but it doesn't linger. It isn't too creamy and blends easily.

on 6/28/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this because I have KP and was hoping this would help me get rid of it. I have a mild/moderate case on my upper arms and mild on my upper thighs.
Unfortunately this did nothing for my KP. I bought the big bottle at Costco and I used it 1-2x everyday, for over a month. My KP is still there while the bottle is empty. I'm so disappointed, I really hope to find something to get rid of my KP.
It's ok as just a moisturizer. My skin is not very dry, so most body lotions are enough for me.

on 6/18/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this to soften up my rough, dry feet. It reeks of ammonia, but I added some peppermint oil and it covers up the scent and makes my feet tingle. So far, it is working great. My feet are soft and smooth, and they look great in sandals. It is a bit expensive, but at costco you can get a large bottle for $16-17.

on 5/21/2011 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There is nothing sexy or glamorous about this stuff, except it works! AHAs have to be at the correct pH to work, and this one is around 5, which is where it should be. Can you say feet? I struggle with dry heels & toes, and if you sleep with this on under cotton socks, it works wonders. I wish I had samples of this to hand out to people with crusty feet--they'd be amazed. It's really great anywhere, except after shaving--it'll sting.

on 5/15/2011 11:30:00 AM

I have been using the body cream version of this product for a couple of months now and I'm quite impressed. I have dry skin and this is moisturizing, but also has exfoliating properties that smooth my skin. My skin looks glowing and feels terrific--I can't wait for summer!

As many reviewers have already commented, the smell is a bit of a turn-off...it has a sour milk/ammonia odor to it, but the smell fades rapidly. I do have to admit though, most of the time, I apply this, let it soak in for a few minutes, and then I apply Clarins Baume Corps Super Hydratant lotion, which smells fabulous and increases the softness of my skin.

One thing I have discovered when using this product is that I can't use it immediately after I have used a scrub exfoliator. My skin is too sensitive and I develop red bumps all over. So I just skip this on the days I use a scrub and no problem.

I was hoping this would fade some of the light brown spots that are on my hands, arms, and chest, but so far I haven't seen a noticeable difference.

This product is definitely worth the price, but be sure to go to the website and print the coupon before purchasing--but it will only let you do this a couple of times.

MU2

on 5/13/2011 1:07:00 PM

I have used one bottle of this to get rid of some dry patches on my legs and lighten some sun spots. It has been wonderful for the dry patches and even lightened the sun spots, although they are definitely still there. Hoping that the sun spots will continue to fade with continued use of the AmLactin and a high PPD sunscreen. Good stuff!