November 23, 2014 | 2024 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by jellokatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i can totally understand why some people hate this. it's very chemical/synthetic smelling. to me, it always smelled a bit like grape and crayons.

for some reason though, i find myself missing it. i'm not sure what it would smell like on me now, but it worked well on me in high school. i was also one of the only people who wore this in my school (this and opium both). i'm going to see if i can find one of those mini-bottles, or better yet, someplace with a tester, to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Magical fragrance. Just perfect for colder days or nights. It's a fragrance for a strong confident woman. I would say dangerous like poison. It's a really strong scent that stays on for a long time, it might even be overwhelming especially if you put too much on, or this fragrance doesn't match you. It has that rotten smell. One day my friends told me that they smell sour cherries. That's when I finally found out what this fragrance smells like. It's like sour cherries rotting in a deadly potion of power and sex appeal. This fragrance is not for everyone, but if you are lucky and have the right chemistry, this could be the perfume you will fall in love for the rest of your life.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by KristopherX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

so this is gonna be really long. im just warning you.

first, let me start off saying i am 15 years old so i wasnt there when this perfume was overused in the 80's.
this used to be my mom's staple fragrance though. i remember being very little and burying my head into my mom's clothing because i thought she smelled soooo good. This was the only thing my grandpa would get for my mom on holidays because she loved it so much. currently i think she has like 2 brand new, un-opened bottles just sitting in her room because she gets it so often. haha. but lately she has switched to more fruity scents like those Victoria Secret Garden things.. i havent seen the old poison out for a couple years now...

so me? im obsessed with fragrances and smelling good. ive tried dozens if not hundreds of scents in my 15 years of life. i am particularly fond of "hippie" smells like sandal wood, pachuli, nag champa.. pretty much anthing that can be used as an insence. for some reason i was in the mood for the scent of opium yesterday and i remembered there was a knock off $2 bottle of perfume that was "inspired by opium" at the V.P. about 3 blocks from my house. so i rode my bike in the rain just to get this small bottle of perfume. i come home and put it on thinking to my self that it smelled extremely familar. so i go to ask my mom. we sit for a while trying to think of what it smells like and she looks at me and says "poison" she goes back into her bedroom and brings out a BRAND new bottle of the stuff and just gives it to me. i immediately run into my bedroom to open the darn thing and sprits my self with 1-2 squirts. i ADORED the smell. it brought back memmories of my childhood. i loved it. i run out hugging my mom telling her how much it means to me.

okay so the moral of my rambling is: i love the scent, it doesnt give me a headache like everyone says. i think it smells mysterious. and its been said quite alot but im gonna say it too, you dont wear the perfume, it wears you. it has to do with body chemestry... overall this is an extremely beautiful scented perfume.. you just gotta know how to wear it (and how much too)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably my most hated perfume ive ever smelt.
Not only is it immensely overpowering but im really allergic to it...and considering my mum adores it i pretty much die whenever she uses it XD

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by rrcoolmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one is all about body chemistry.

Some women wear this amazingly while others is just vomit inducing. This should be worn on your stomach. Away from the neck, face, etc...Why because this is especially a naughty yet classy fragrance.

Picture your in the most romantic elegant long gown with a shawl, and underneath your wearing a wicked corset. This is poison. You smell this and you can't help it. like it or not you will be moved. I love it, for special occasions only;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by tooshypanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favourite scents of all time. I remember discovering perfume when I was about 10 years old, and this was the one I first loved.

Its very much a rich, winter scent for the classic types. A little goes a long way and its staying power is phenomenal.

I think it smells quite rich and seductive like the Black Forrest!

Its pretty expensive retail in Australia but you can get it online cheaper. I would recommend the EDP rather than the EDC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

I don`t like this perfume although at my childhood there was an obsession
regards this one every body considered it then the top fragrance
but I still think it is noisy & unflattering also turn my stomach especially
during hot weather as I consider it totally a winter fragrance
P.S my mother likes it so much & considered very elegant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first encountered this in a magazine scent strip in 1986. At first, I thought it was the worst perfume I'd ever smelled. But I couldn't stop sniffing it. There was something so unsettling and decadent about it. I ended up wearing it for about 5 years. (Sounds like a cliche, I know, but I didn' t know anyone else who wore it. The air in Southern Indiana at the time was filled with Giorgio and Obsession.) I still have a perverse fondness for it, but nowadays I prefer much lighter fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Strong but not harsh.

CONS: You better like a sweet smell. Used to wear long ago til my brother (who was one who didn't like the scent) told me I spelled like sweetened cat urine! It ruined it for me. lol Another con: expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love to smell this one from the bottle but as soon as I spray it on myself - it turns into nasty chemically plastic-y smell!Why oh why, my body chemistry is so difficult to please! Staying power is great! and Body lotion smells nice and quite strong! If you use lotion and one spritz of perfume it will last all day long!