NYX Single Eye Shadow - Purple

4.2

on 2/9/2008 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Its a medium colored purple with blueish undertones. Pigmentation isn't the greatest, takes some work to apply.

This is a lovely bright purple with a blue shimmer. Texture and pigmentation are great as always. Unfortunately I don't think I can wear purple shadow without looking tired and sick.

on 12/23/2007 1:33:00 AM

veryy nice purple. kind of reminds me of MAC nocturnelle but this being a bit brighter.
Lasts all day without creasing on me.. without a base.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is a nice purple color, not too dark, nor is it a light color. its the perfect color for the word PURPLE, (if that makes any sense haha)

love the color payoff. I would give it an A in pigmentation.
this shade is in matte, no sparklies or glitter.
easy to blend.

Cons: i would have to say is the staying power. after a while, it faded a bit, but that could easily be fixed with a good and proper base. ( i have never bought UDPP before, which im dying to try soon)

on 11/16/2007 9:00:00 AM

One of my favorite NY eyeshadow colors, it's long lasting, even without a base, low cost high quality, hard not to love it.

on 11/5/2007 1:42:00 PM

i bought NYX purple eyeshadow the name of it is Luxor, if your looking for a cheap dupe but also gives a good payoff just like MAC stars n rockets this is the eyeshadow for you, i noticed after i bought this it is the same exact as MAC stars n rockets, and very pigmented to which is a plus. i say try this eyeshadow

on 7/31/2007 12:07:00 AM

This was one of my first purple e/s and definitely starting some sort of obsession. It's a vibrant purple with a blue sheen.. There's a minor variation from the single pot and trio with the purple in it. However not a lot of people notice this except me. The trio purple is a lot more blue while the single one is very pinkish purple with a faint blue sheen. Compare these two with Milani's Enchantment and it's a nice scale of purples w/ blue sheens. Ironically all 3 are my favorite shadows to pick up. Definitely worth it, and this is the e/s that created my NYX craze.

on 7/27/2007 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was the first shadow I noticed on the NYX rack at Longs. It looked like a vibrant purple, and I just had to get it! Im so glad I did, because its very nicely pigmented, with (like everyone says) a slight bluish sheen (which I think adds dimension to it). It was only $3.49 and you get a lot of shadow. This is great for a vibrant liner! I wish I could run out and get more colors. Blends like a dream and stays put on my oily lids (no primer) woohoo!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I remember feeling so excited when I saw the NYX display at a local beauty supply! This was one of the first eyeshadows I reached for! Purple by NYX is a gorgeous shade in the pan, and it was equally as gorgeous on my lids. It was super blendable and very easy to smoke out! I love that about NYX shadows. I have a very hard time finding purples that I like (I am one of the few MUA's who doesn't like Milani "Shock" or MAC "Stars and Rockets") but I like this purple - a lot!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first NYX shadow. I picked it up on a whim. They had testers where I got it and I remembering running my finger over it and thinking it was a cream shadow for a second.

It's silky and gorgeous feeling. Also very pigmented and bright. It has a slight blue sheen to it like others have said.

Since it's so pigmented you don't have to use a lot. I've had mine for a few months now and there is still plenty left over.

The only problem I've had with it is the clear plastic part of the container it's in pops out. It snaps right back but it can get annoying to deal with if the shadow breaks apart in my make up case.

Top Rated NYX Products