April 16, 2014 | 1736 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Haimster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have loved this shampoo for years! It smells amazing, cleans great and is moisturizing. For even better results follow up with the Banana Conditioner which is also amazing! 2 thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo really does clean your hair - but it cleansed it TOO good, it stripped all the oil out of my hair leaving my hair frizzy, dry, and unhealthy looking, it acted more like a "once a week shampoo" - for example, the "Neutrogena Anti-Residue" - except this one doesn't leave my hair frizzy. I'm not picky about smell - I just need the product to do it's job but this doesn't have the most pleasant smell. It lathers pretty good for something that doesn't contain sulfate, I have thicker hair though so I need more, but for thinner hair, this will lather just fine.
Overall, I hate this product, sorry! I have no idea what to do with it now though.

EDIT: After 7-8 hours, my hair starts to restore it's natural oil so my hair doesn't look frizzy and crappy anymore, but that's really just me doing the work, not the shampoo, but I guess I'll just use it up, when I wake up my hair looks back to it's healthy and soft self again anyways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

This shampoo is fabulous, my hair feels softer when I use it. The best part about it is the smell - it smells like pure bananas! If you don't like bananas I doubt you would like this shampoo :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the shampoo, just like the conditioner. What I like best is the smell. It also works great. I like the honey shampoo better, but I this is also a nice shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

This Original Classics are only available for limited period only. I am so great I bought this shampoo and conditioner. I hate the smell cos I am not banana fan, but it does have some nutty smell that makes me hungry. This is really basic shampoo, I find that my hair looks great the next day. I just did hair extension, my "hair" and hair looks great, shine the whole day; enhance my hair colour and does not weight down my fine hair. I am firm believer of rotating shampoos everyday, cos same shampoo everyday will make my hair limp and lifeless. What else to ask for, this works extremely well for me:):)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Yasminde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I absolutely ADORE bananas, so I fell in love with the scent in the store. Unfortunately it did nothing whatsoever for my hair, after washing it it was dry and tangled up. It didn't make it feel soft or shiny, which is a real disappointment, cause I wanted to like this shampoo so much! I've been using it as a bodywash occasionally, cause I can't stand letting that lovely banana-y scent go to waste, but I will definately not buy again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JellyBelly19

I got a sample of the shampoo and also conditioner when I went into the body shop yesterday as I wanted to try it before I brought it.
I really like the smell of it and when I used it last night I was very pleased with the results. It makes my hair so soft shiny and bouncy... And not at all greasy!
Its been nearly 24 hours now and it still looks great :) the only downside to the product is the price... So I think I would only use this once or twice a week to make it last

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smelling this in the store made me want to throw up! both the smell and consistency reminded me of the thick banana flavoured medicine my mother gave me when I was sick as a kid. Blech! unfortunately, I can't vouch for the quality of this product because I couldn't get past the awfully overpowering fake banana scent...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The banana shampoo and conditioner is back on the shelves here in Sweden for a limited time.

For me, the scent reminds me of childhood. My father once got this for me as a child, since I hated showering. Banana scented shampoo made it so much funnier, so of course I had to buy a bottle now when it is back in stock.

A bit about my hair. I have long, thick but fine hair. Most products weigh it down and makes it flat and boring. On top of that, I've got seborrhoea which makes finding a shampoo that does not cause excessive dry skin problematic. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week.

This shampoo is fairly gentle. A small amount lathers well and cleans my hair. It is a bit drying, as most shampoos are, but not as badly as many other brands. With a good oiling once a a week, this actually works really good in that it does not weigh my hair down, leaves it clean and smelling nice for as long as it is still damp and does not cause excessive flaking (everything makes my scalp flake some, but with this shampoo it is just barely noticeable, and just because I am really looking for it).

I will buy a few bottles of this, to have in stock, while I continue searching for the shampoo that manages to do everything this shampoo does plus riding me of flakes entirely (one can always dream!).

The reason I only give this shampoo a 4 is that I'm actually not too fond of the banana smell (too strong), can't understand why they have to add lots of unnecessary ingredients like colouring, and that the bottle is not optimal. I love it aesthetically, but once in the shower with slippery hands it is a bit too large and round. It would have been perfect if it came in a pump bottle. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 2:47:00 AM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a little set of the shampoo and conditioner as a pressie, they worked very well but I was not a huge fan of the 'overripe banana' scent.. blargh, if you like the scent you will love this shampoo though.