July 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible. My hair became so frizzy, dry, and unmanageable while using this product & the accompanying conditioner. It really stripped my hair of all moisture and left it puffy looking. My scalp also became extremely dry. I'm not sure how they can advertise this as being "nourishing". I had to put a lot of product into my hair to calm it down after washing. I switched back to Biolage hydrating shampoo/conditioner and my hair was back to being soft, shiny and manageable within a day. I couldn't believe the difference! I guess I will save the shampoo to use it as a cleaner for my brushes. I tried to use it as a body wash but it made me itchy. Sorry - but a major thumbs down for this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm Im wondering if this shampoo is sulfate free because my hair does not respond well to it. It cleanses well, it just strips the moisture from my hair, like all sulfate free shampoos do. It has a nice banana fragrance but that's about the only thing I like about this shampoo. Will use this up but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Haimster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have loved this shampoo for years! It smells amazing, cleans great and is moisturizing. For even better results follow up with the Banana Conditioner which is also amazing! 2 thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo really does clean your hair - but it cleansed it TOO good, it stripped all the oil out of my hair leaving my hair frizzy, dry, and unhealthy looking, it acted more like a "once a week shampoo" - for example, the "Neutrogena Anti-Residue" - except this one doesn't leave my hair frizzy. I'm not picky about smell - I just need the product to do it's job but this doesn't have the most pleasant smell. It lathers pretty good for something that doesn't contain sulfate, I have thicker hair though so I need more, but for thinner hair, this will lather just fine.
Overall, I hate this product, sorry! I have no idea what to do with it now though.

EDIT: After 7-8 hours, my hair starts to restore it's natural oil so my hair doesn't look frizzy and crappy anymore, but that's really just me doing the work, not the shampoo, but I guess I'll just use it up, when I wake up my hair looks back to it's healthy and soft self again anyways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

This shampoo is fabulous, my hair feels softer when I use it. The best part about it is the smell - it smells like pure bananas! If you don't like bananas I doubt you would like this shampoo :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the shampoo, just like the conditioner. What I like best is the smell. It also works great. I like the honey shampoo better, but I this is also a nice shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

This Original Classics are only available for limited period only. I am so great I bought this shampoo and conditioner. I hate the smell cos I am not banana fan, but it does have some nutty smell that makes me hungry. This is really basic shampoo, I find that my hair looks great the next day. I just did hair extension, my "hair" and hair looks great, shine the whole day; enhance my hair colour and does not weight down my fine hair. I am firm believer of rotating shampoos everyday, cos same shampoo everyday will make my hair limp and lifeless. What else to ask for, this works extremely well for me:):)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Yasminde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I absolutely ADORE bananas, so I fell in love with the scent in the store. Unfortunately it did nothing whatsoever for my hair, after washing it it was dry and tangled up. It didn't make it feel soft or shiny, which is a real disappointment, cause I wanted to like this shampoo so much! I've been using it as a bodywash occasionally, cause I can't stand letting that lovely banana-y scent go to waste, but I will definately not buy again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JellyBelly19

I got a sample of the shampoo and also conditioner when I went into the body shop yesterday as I wanted to try it before I brought it.
I really like the smell of it and when I used it last night I was very pleased with the results. It makes my hair so soft shiny and bouncy... And not at all greasy!
Its been nearly 24 hours now and it still looks great :) the only downside to the product is the price... So I think I would only use this once or twice a week to make it last

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smelling this in the store made me want to throw up! both the smell and consistency reminded me of the thick banana flavoured medicine my mother gave me when I was sick as a kid. Blech! unfortunately, I can't vouch for the quality of this product because I couldn't get past the awfully overpowering fake banana scent...