December 18, 2014 | 865 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by RockBella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are my ALL time favorite pigments!!!! Very cheap pricing and the quality is very rich, you can not beat the price. The only negative thing about this product is the packaging.

If you dont own ladies, you are seriously missing out!!!!

God Bless

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by curlylashes91

Love this product! super quality. just the packaging is not so good. hard to get product out. great value, i got all of mine for $1.50 at a little cosmetic store in downtown los angeles(: very happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MichelleForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible idea for packaging. But overall, the price is low and the product is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with these little numbers! I am an avid MAC user but Iím pretty familiar with NYX as well. Iíd have to say that the Pearl Mania loose pigments are one of the few NYX products that are TRULY comparable to MAC. I was never satisfied with the quality of NYX single eyeshadows or jumbo pencils compared to MAC eyeshadows and shadesticks. But it really is a different story with these pigments!

I find the Pearl Mania colors to be very high-quality. They are just as vibrant and long-lasting as MAC pigments in my opinion. Not to mention affordable! I wear Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base primer, then I also apply a MAC Paint Pot as an additional base. I then pack Pearl Mania on with my 239 brush and voila! Gorgeous, shimmering color that lasts all day! As you can tell by the name, these Pearl Mania colors definitely have a very shimmery pearl finish. If you apply them wet they turn creamy and intensely metallic! The only downside is that they *only* come in this high-shine finish. Iíd love it if they came out with different finishes, but Iím very happy with these because I am a Veluxe Pearl fan anyways!

So what Iím really loving about this products is that they make custom mixing a total breeze and its so much fun! Of course youíll want to transfer your colors into 10g jars first. Iíve been able to come up with a few MAC dupes so far (Walnut + Very Pink = Twinks; Walnut + Black + Purple = Satin Taupe; Mink + Nude = All That Glitters; Silver + Very Pink = Style Snob) and Iím sure there are countless more colors to come up with! These pigments press very easily as well but you do need a binding ingredient. I use a mixture of 60% alcohol and 40% binding agent - either EZ Press or a hair serum. They apply very nicely when pressed with very little to no fallout, and I love being able to keep them in my palettes! I might purchase some matte mica powder and experiment with toning down the shimmery finish.

As you can tell Iím having lot of fun with these! I would definitely recommend these little guys as an excellent alternative to MAC pigments, plus they are just really fun to play around with and you donít have to break the bank!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in 6 different colors and WOW, they are awesome! And for a $1.50 a piece, seriously?? I can't believe the quality you get from NYX products how inexpensive they are! These pearl mania pigments are so pretty and the colors really pop when you put them on! You get so much product for the price too. I actually like these a lot more than my MAC pigments, they go on smoother, they are more pigmented and seems to be less messy! But like many others have said the tiny bottle it comes in isn't very convenient because you can't fit a brush in there so you are going to have to dump them into a 5 gm jar, not a big deal though. I love them, I plan on getting more colors but it isn't easy because I have to order them online because where I live the stores don't sell them. But I would definitely recommend these, they are such a great alternative to spending about 10 times more for other products that IMO work just as good (or not as good)!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by saijen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very messy eyeshadow, in order for me to keep using this, I will definitely put them in a better container. Still I like the colors because their very pigmented, I just wish I didn't waste so much trying to use it the first time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by sgbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These little things are amazing! So much product and color packed into a tiny little tube! AND it's so cheap! The only thing that I dislike about these little guys, is that my makeup application process gets messy--> the loose shadow falls everywhere, on my counter, my hands and all over my face! So watch out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by VegasGirlatHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought 10 of the colors..they're all beautiful colors..and the pigmentation for the price is good. I bought mine from MsCuppyCakes.com. That's where I was able to find them the cheapest, $0.95/ea. The only thing about the product, which I have heard many many..many times over, is the packaging. They're super cute on the outside, but when you want to use them, you can't. The opening is tini-tiny. There is no brush that will fit into the opening without ruining the brush some how..or getting WAY to much product on the brush.

I was going to buy a bunch of 5g jars to depot them. However there are more than 5grams in the container. I have recently bought a bunch of 10g jars from Coastal Scents. I'm looking forward to depotting the eyeshadows and actually using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by sylvialeexD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE these pigments. I bought all 30 colors from Cherry Culture when NYX was having their 50% off sale. With the primer, the staying power is awesome. The colors are absolutely vibrant. I used to have a little difficulty with the fallout, but every since I put Soft Ochre paint pot on top of my e/s primer, the fallout has been pretty minimal. I actually pressed all of them as well and I STILL have about 2/3 - 1/2 left in the tiny jars. For the price, these are absolutely amazing. The packaging is something NYX definitely needs to fix, but you can always buy some bead/jewelry storage bins from a craft store for less than $5.00. I absolutely would buy these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Intyale

HG product for sure. You get so much pigment for such a redonkulous price. They go on so smoothly, blend beautifully, shimmer without looking cheap, and a little goes a long way. I have "high-end" eyeshadows that don't hold a candle to these little boos. There's currently 30 colours to choose from, and are $2 USD a pop. (But, with a bit a searching, you can find them online for half that.)

Now, all NYX has to do is fix the packaging. =)