NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

on 4/14/2010 1:17:00 AM

These are the best eyeshadows for their price. I LOVE wearing the pearl maina in Mocha, you don't even need to apply a base for them, they are so pigmented and looks gorgeous. These pigments are so amazing, they actually drew me away from Mac pigments. I highly recommend these little guys. NYX has great products overall, but if you're deciding which product to try out, I'd definitely choose the pearl mania and the jumbo eye pencils. I absolutely love the pearl mania, just need a few more to finish the whole collection!

on 3/25/2010 2:50:00 PM

I just love this stuff. Its very simple ingredients list - Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide - makes me happy, and the colors are spectacular. No one sells this in my area, so all of the many shades I have have come through swaps on MUA, but even if I had to buy it, the $1-2 price tag is certainly more than reasonable!

Yes, the packaging is terrible, you can't get most brushes down through the neck of the bottle, but that issue is easily corrected with some witch-hazel and an empty shadow palette. I have a MAC pro-palette that I bought for just such the occasion as to depot my NYX pearl manias into it. Just shake out some of the shadow, add a few drops of WH at a time, and stir with a small stiff brush or a chopstick (yes, that's what I used) until it's smooth and blended. Tap the container, and voila, once the liquid evaporates you've got your Pearl Mania in a usable container!

on 3/17/2010 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Such an awesome eye shadow product! And the price...unbeatable!! I got each one for $1.99 @ the mall at some Asian store which sells jewelry and random trinkets. I bought 4 colors, turquoise, ocean, purple and lilac. Yes, the packaging isnt great, but the price and quality of the pigments more than makes up for that. I just sprinkle some out on a clean surface, like a plastic mixing palette and then keep adding more as I need more and dip my brush, and voila! Beautiful color. A little goes a long way. You def. need primer to make it budge-proof. I use Too Faced shadow Insurance, works like a charm. I used to be afraid of pigments because of fallout and the mess. This is pretty simple if you take your time to just be careful and get the hang of it, then its a snap! I have MAC pigment colour powder, this is totally comparable. The only major difference between the two is in the price! Try it and see, what do you have to lose besides $2!?

on 3/6/2010 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been wanting to try some of these for awhile, and I was excited to get my hands on them. I did a look with Charcoal, Mocha, and Nude pearl, just a soft smoky look. I found that the pigments were amazing to work with and easy to apply. The texture is soft and silky, and the pearlization/shimmer of the pigments isn't too over the top. The problem for me was the packaging. The tiny, skinny neck of the bottle is way too small to dip a brush in. Therefore, I had to dump some out to apply it, and I feel like this is wasting product. Granted, this product is mega cheap, so wasting shouldn't be in the discussion, but it still irked me quite a bit. Also, the pigments are so soft that if you overblend, they blend right off your face--kinda like Stila shadows. I was impressed, but not impressed enough to go buy a ton. If I see them in a sale, I might pick them up, but the packaging/overblendability of these kind of turned me off.

on 3/6/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

These are my ALL time favorite pigments!!!! Very cheap pricing and the quality is very rich, you can not beat the price. The only negative thing about this product is the packaging.

If you dont own ladies, you are seriously missing out!!!!

God Bless

Love this product! super quality. just the packaging is not so good. hard to get product out. great value, i got all of mine for $1.50 at a little cosmetic store in downtown los angeles(: very happy!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Terrible idea for packaging. But overall, the price is low and the product is pretty good.

on 1/20/2010 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very impressed with these little numbers! I am an avid MAC user but Iím pretty familiar with NYX as well. Iíd have to say that the Pearl Mania loose pigments are one of the few NYX products that are TRULY comparable to MAC. I was never satisfied with the quality of NYX single eyeshadows or jumbo pencils compared to MAC eyeshadows and shadesticks. But it really is a different story with these pigments!

I find the Pearl Mania colors to be very high-quality. They are just as vibrant and long-lasting as MAC pigments in my opinion. Not to mention affordable! I wear Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a base primer, then I also apply a MAC Paint Pot as an additional base. I then pack Pearl Mania on with my 239 brush and voila! Gorgeous, shimmering color that lasts all day! As you can tell by the name, these Pearl Mania colors definitely have a very shimmery pearl finish. If you apply them wet they turn creamy and intensely metallic! The only downside is that they *only* come in this high-shine finish. Iíd love it if they came out with different finishes, but Iím very happy with these because I am a Veluxe Pearl fan anyways!

So what Iím really loving about this products is that they make custom mixing a total breeze and its so much fun! Of course youíll want to transfer your colors into 10g jars first. Iíve been able to come up with a few MAC dupes so far (Walnut + Very Pink = Twinks; Walnut + Black + Purple = Satin Taupe; Mink + Nude = All That Glitters; Silver + Very Pink = Style Snob) and Iím sure there are countless more colors to come up with! These pigments press very easily as well but you do need a binding ingredient. I use a mixture of 60% alcohol and 40% binding agent - either EZ Press or a hair serum. They apply very nicely when pressed with very little to no fallout, and I love being able to keep them in my palettes! I might purchase some matte mica powder and experiment with toning down the shimmery finish.

As you can tell Iím having lot of fun with these! I would definitely recommend these little guys as an excellent alternative to MAC pigments, plus they are just really fun to play around with and you donít have to break the bank!

on 11/15/2009 10:27:00 PM

I have these in 6 different colors and WOW, they are awesome! And for a $1.50 a piece, seriously?? I can't believe the quality you get from NYX products how inexpensive they are! These pearl mania pigments are so pretty and the colors really pop when you put them on! You get so much product for the price too. I actually like these a lot more than my MAC pigments, they go on smoother, they are more pigmented and seems to be less messy! But like many others have said the tiny bottle it comes in isn't very convenient because you can't fit a brush in there so you are going to have to dump them into a 5 gm jar, not a big deal though. I love them, I plan on getting more colors but it isn't easy because I have to order them online because where I live the stores don't sell them. But I would definitely recommend these, they are such a great alternative to spending about 10 times more for other products that IMO work just as good (or not as good)!

on 11/11/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very messy eyeshadow, in order for me to keep using this, I will definitely put them in a better container. Still I like the colors because their very pigmented, I just wish I didn't waste so much trying to use it the first time.