L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/24/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay so at first my sister bought this foundation when she was a little tan. She didn't really like it so she stopped using it. One day when I was playing around with my makeup, I decided to try this foundation on after seeing videos on youtube about how much everyone LOVEDDDD this product.

And I had the same reaction too!

This foundation is quiet liquidy, but it has medium to high coverage and it's super buildable and blendable. This foundation gives you a nice glow to your face and it has a sort of dewy finish which i LOVE.

it's totally worth buying and has a wide range of colors to choose from!

Seriously my favorite drug store foundation

on 2/21/2015 7:45:00 AM

Was really excited to try this foundation as it was recommend by beauty gurus on YouTube, I have the shade W3 which is very light for my skin, but as I lost my tan it became more wearable, very blend able, didn't like the finish that much, it stuck to dry patches and seemed to slip and slide on the oiler parts of my face which is not a good look. I tried it with a primer and moisturizer on and then I found decent results, needs to be set with powder! Good range of different tones and colours!

on 2/20/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really happy with this product. I haven't really worn foundation a lot because I find it tends to flake and cake on my skin; however, this one doesn't flake as much as others. I have tried the 'Wake me up' foundation that was highly praised but I found it cakey with too much shimmer, and it didn't not give much coverage. Wake me up only stayed for a couple of hours when true match stays for the whole day. It is very blend able, but it does tend to cling to dry patches and look quite cakey if you over apply or use the wrong tool. It has a great range of shades, but even the palest shade is too dark for some people I know, that's a shame as it's advertised as 'true match'. It covers blemishes very well, and often you don't even need concealer on top! It stays for a very long time, but it needs to be set with a powder. It is very thin so the real technique's multi task brush is nice to use. it's very good how it drys quickly, but it means you need to be faster with your blending. I find that beauty blenders tend to absorb all of the product so fingers or brushes are the best tools to use . I find it has quite a pleasant smell and it feels natural on your skin. As someone with very sensitive skin, i'm happy to say I had no irritations or breakouts from this product. I like the pump packaging, and it distributes a nice amount of product but I find it tends to dribble out of the nossle a bit that can be quite messy. Its a very good price for the amount of product and the foundation's quality. It's can be considered quite pricey for a 'drugstore' foundation though.

I can't believe I have never used this! And to date, I haven't used this on its own yet. I bought it in a lighter shade than my skintone to mix with the Revlon Colorstay that I have that's too dark. It mixes beautifully with the Colorstay to make a finish that isn't too matte, but stays put. I can't wait to try this on its own. I have to say that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I hate bottles without a pump. I prefer to have pumps or, even better, a squeeze tube. I did try the Lumi version of this against my better judgment. I'm an oily girl and I should've known better than to use a luminizing foundation. But. Live and learn. This one is great so far!

on 2/17/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I can't blame a product for my bad reaction to it, especially when it provides as nice a finish as True Match. This applied and blended smoothly (best with a brush or fingers) and the color match was better than any other drugstore foundation, thanks to L'Oréal's attention to undertones.

It didnt oxidize or break down and still looked good (other than the allergic rashes) after several hours. I did set it lightly with powder because it did feel ever so slightly tacky.

I rate this a three because no thought was given to dispensing the product. I poured it on my metal makeup palette and always had some left over. Granted, it's easily obtainable and isn't that costly but a tube or even a squeeze bottle would be so much better. The size of the bottle means there's no pump to fit it. If this had worked for me I was going decant it to an airless pump dispenser.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shade C1-Porcelain, and I find that it is a little too dark for me still by one or two shades(though I have this problem with all drugstore foundations) though I find that I can bend it out and make it work just fine particularly once I've applied powder. This applies beautifully to the skin-it's really buildable and has a wonderful texture(I've gotten several compliments on how nice my skin looked, even though I was breaking out at the time). I've found that I need to apply this with a brush, rather than a sponge like I usually like to, because otherwise it looked really patchy on my cheeks even after I would go over those spots with another layer and check a mirror to see if I missed spots. I also find that I have some issues with this fading around my lips, particularly if I've had to reapply my lipstick, though it's only really noticeable in a mirror when reapplying said lipstick and isn't something consealer can't fix. My only major problem with it is that I'm someone who sweats off certain foundations easily, particularly around my nose, and this sweats off pretty easily and it's pretty hard to fix without looking odd. Other than that, it's a great foundation and a great range. I love it.

on 2/16/2015 11:49:00 PM

It blends well and it's easy to find your skin tone, but if you have acne prone skin I would run away from the foundation because it will break you out. The first time I used it, it gave me a terrible breakout because it gets really oily as it goes through wear throughout the day. If you have oily skin, this foundation will wear off fast! I would only recommend this foundation to people that have really dry skin and are looking for something that will give them some moisture. It's light to medium coverage and won't cover any dark spots or acne spots

I have been using this foundation as my base everyday and i think it has the perfect texture and coverage for an everyday look, it covers up all my blemishes very well and leaves my skin looking even.

on 2/15/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation when I first put it on. It goes on smooth, blends nice and has decent coverage. But after awhile I can see my redness around my nose and cheeks coming through, and it sinks into my pores and wrinkles around my mouth. It also looks kind of caked on. I have tried using a makeup brush to apply it and a sponge, I have tried using a primer and setting powder, nothing works! Which sucks because I really want this foundation to work and I have heard so many good things about it.

on 2/15/2015 6:45:00 PM

I really like this foundation, it goes on smoothly, blends well. I wear classic ivory N2,
I just wear it around my eyes and nose, my pores are getting bigger and I try not to
cover them. Don't like the bottle, it's too messy. Summertime with this I get a shiny nose so may switch to something else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials