November 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Silverman

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cured (in one or two days) a sudden outbreak of eczema on my face which was brought on by a cold snap and a new moisturizer that irritated me (when I ran out of my Clarins moisturizer). Nothing was working, not even prescription. Beautiful product, this is, and I will continue to use for the general health and appearance of my skin. It has never looked better. I will keep on using it when I go back on my high-tech retinol and enzyme anti-age products because it is natural base and has neutral ingredients that re-inforce the integrity of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Emmarem

The sales assistant told me this would solve all my skin problems. Well I wouldn't go quite that far!! But it has definitely helped. The oil feels nice, goes on easily (just a couple of drops needed) and, according to my partner, smells like chocolate orange. I don't like chocolate orange so I think it smells nicer than that! Quite a comforting warm spicy smell. I don't think you need to use it every night and I don't think it's the only answer to dehydrated skin - as another reviewer mentioned, central heating and the cold will dry you out and the best way to rehydrate is probably to drink a bit more water and eat some oily fish or the odd pork pie!
I'm very pleased with it so far though all in all, and at 29 I think it's actually pretty good value considering how long it will last.
As the sales assistant pointed out it is all natural so you can add it to your normal moisturiser or face mask if you want as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for a combo of oils that moisturize dry/dehydrated skin without leaving it greasy at all... this is it!
I bought this to replace Kiehl's midnight recovery oil. I really enjoy treatment oils and find a combo of different oils work better for me than straight up carrier oil. Some even break me out (EVOO and rosehip).
As soon as I get home for the day, I like to wash my face and put a treatment oil on and nothing else. Then right before bed, the rest of my PM routine and I wake up to soft smooth skin. If I have time in the am and we are going through a dry/cold spell I'll layer this in the am too. I don't travel with oils (keep products to a minimum) and I can see a difference within a few days.
I recommend using it on damp face and let it absorb. I am very liberal with the amount I use and it does not leave a greasy feeling. Soaks right in within 15 min cannot tell you have anything on. Lovely scent and not overwhelming at all. Dropper application works fine - no mess. Highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by BoboMelon

Clarins has relaunched its face treatment oil range with a glass pipet application lid design. This makes the oil more easier to handle, although it still gets a little bit messy, since the oil is so liquid that it drips out of the pipet.

I purchased the blue orchid face treatment oil during my winter vacation in Europe and am using this since then in Singapore too. I use it both at day and night. I have dehydrated (dry in Europe) combination skin. But this oil works wonders. It easily absorbs into my skin and perfectly locks up moisture. I would normally have an oily T-zone, but with this oil - surprisingly the oiliness is largely reduced. On days where I drink enough water, I don't even get oily anymore! It feels so natural on my face, it makes my skin feel velvety and plump. For the first time the skin on my face feels so healthy like the skin on the rest of my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this product for years, on and off, but have just started to use it every night and it is amazing!
The new dropper packaging is much more convenient and although the price seems expensive, it lasts for ages.
The smell is floral-sweet and it soaks in quickly on my combination skin, not greasy at all. In the morning my skin looks glowing and feels super soft. I won't use any other night cream now, this is a HG product! Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Diverjox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the smell of this oil and really enjoy it. I am a new Clarins 'convert' and would recommend this to anyone with dehydrated skin. It is expensive but will last a long time and is worth it. I have used this for three months at night after cleansing, warming in my hands, patting on my face and then gently massaging it in and I find my skin is radiant, hydrated and healthy looking in the morning. Depending on my skin's need I apply various amounts from 1 to 4 drops before bed, it sinks in well and I do not go to sleep feeling oily at all. Even my husband commented on how lovely the scent is. The bottle can be a little messy, I just tip it up on my palm and any excess around the bottle neck I use on my hands! However, I have seen that the new bottle had been designed with a dropper, which I can't wait to get my hands on, next time I buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by MartheNik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very in between with this product. It does make my face feel amazing when I wake up in the morning, so moisturizing and plumped. BUT I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out. Everytime I'm using for 5-6 days I get alot of blackheads on my forehead and a few spots on my cheeks. When I stop using it they go away in a few days, so yeah... Bummed about that, so I guess I'll have to stick with my NUXE oil for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by changmelanny

this is a good oil,just don't overapply too much on your face.my dry patches is gone (because i was over using retin a).the price is expensive but this oil will last long..i use a small straw to get the right amount with this oil..a nice product,before this nothing has ever good enough for my skin, i've tried vitacreme b12, olay, korean brand,etc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I love using oils on my face. Jojoba oil being my favorite. I swapped for this because of the great reviews and because my skin has been a little dry lately. I followed my normal routine, using this as my moisturizer. I noticed when I used it that it had a strong fragrance but usually natural essential oils don't bother me. After the second night of using this, I woke in the morning suffering from the worst allergy and asthma attack I've had for a long time. Literally I was sick for an entire day. So, if you don't have allergies and asthma, this product may be great for you. Otherwise, I recommend testing it out a couple of times before you buy it (remember initial exposure does not result in an allergy attack - it's the second exposure or later that results in a reaction. Your body can also spontaneously develop reactions to allergens so if you've been using this product for a while and suddenly start developing hay fever symptoms, you might consider discontinuing use and see what happens). Also: the container is annoying - the product just pours out. I'm going back to unfragranced jojoba oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my 3rd bottle of this product - I've been using it for years. In winter time, when my skin is dehydrated, this is the most soothing, moisturising product to apply at night, before bed-time. And the smell is so beautiful too. I even use this on my scalp when it gets dry and flaky. I put a bit of the product on my fingertips and work it into my scalp. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all but gets rid of the dryness. I was uncertain, years ago, about putting oil on my skin (back then, it was oilier than it is now) but this isn't like a typical oil...it absorbs almost instantly and doesn't leave an oily residue.

As others have said, the packaging could be better (a dropper would be nice) but I just put my clean palm over the opening, tip the bottle and then tip it back and that leaves just the right amount of product on my palm. I think I will always use this product.