July 28, 2014 | 2244 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Schiap

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Danceren17

I bought this because I've been really into bright pink lipsticks lately. It's bright! Definetly not for the timid. Use it if you want to stand out and wear with confidence. I like to lightly put it on during the day so it looks like a stain but it can be layered on for a more intense color. Reminds me of something Rihanna would wear. HOT with a little black dress black eyeliner, and a light applicaton of Nars Mata Hari blush. I notice more male attention with this lipstick ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the color of this--it's a VERY bright pink, and a nice alternative to a classic red, but I absolutely hate the texture. It's super drying, like most NARS lipsticks, and I'd prefer something more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too, bought this color because Troy Jensen used this on Kim Kardashian for a georgous bright pink pout. Before this, I never would have tried it since I have a light to medium yellow toned complexion and about 4 years ago Funny Face was my staple.

This is definately the color to wear when you want to look girly and flirty and want your lips to stand out. For those that love the color, but do not like Nars formulations because of texture/smell, I found that the MUFE Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks in shade 36 is a perfect match for color/tone. I tried many different pinks at Sephora to find a match and most were a hair darker or pinker/redder etc, but 36 was definately a great match.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color! =) No regrets! It's a bit pricey, but will last a long time. I love pink lipsticks and I own a lot, but this one tops my list. The color is highly pigmented, lively and bright, but still very wearable for daytime. I will always have this lipstick in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful colour.. fell in love the moment I tried it in Sephora. It is a vibrant pink that brightens up my complexion. A nice alternative to red lipstick. It is also long lasting. Better than MAC's Pink Nouveau. Worth every penny in my opinion (33 cdn here in BC)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love love love love love love this color! its so wearable, yet vibrant and bold. it lasts absolutely forever, even through drinking and light eating. HG bold lip color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave it 4 lippies, because it is very drying - you definitely need to moisturize your lips well before and after wearing this. I love to wear this in the summer with a classic black sheath dress for dinner (rather than MAC Russian Red, which I wear day and night during winter) and a thin line of liquid eyeliner. This is definitely for someone who doesn't mind extra attention, though! I don't mind wearind dramatic color during daytime, but this is one lipstick I reserve for evening. The under color is very blue-toned, so I thought it may not work with my yellow-toned East Asian skin, but it works - maybe because I'm so pale or maybe because this is such a fab dark, hot pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Schiap is a very bright semi-matte hot pink lipstick. I find it is the perfect color for the summer, brightens my complexion and jut makes me look fresh and awake. On it's own it's a bit too bright for daytime for myself but I find if I add a touch of MAC's Perennial High Style (from their Liberty of London collection) on top it just softens the color without detracting from the beauty of the shade. Best to keep your blush and eye makeup neutral since this is such a strong shade but I will definitely be repurchasing this lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by vyvyanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color: bright, beautiful pink (sephora lists it as a "semi matte shocking pink"

packaging: love the matte finish, same style as other NARS cosmetics. simple, sleek, cute

formula: this was my first NARS lipstick and .. it had a weird smell to it (maybe this is their regular lipstick smell, without any fruity/candy scent?) it wasn't TOO strong, but I wasn't a fan. Also, I know this was a matte lipstick but I found it quite drying to the point where it was difficult to apply, almost. I usually wore this with a gloss on top (too dry lips? no way!) , which made my lips look gorgeous :D

NARS lipsticks are .12oz but it looked smaller than other lipsticks..

end result: I returned it because it was $24 (compared to MAC $14) and I felt that I shouldn't keep it if I wasn't completely (or at least closer to it) satisfied with it.

too bad, it was one of my more favorite eye-searing bright pinks :( .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great perennial hot pink - it's been around a few seasons and stays very fresh and current. I'm NW25, brunette and just grew my hair out and cut bangs...so I've been gravitating toward stronger lip colors lately to make my face pop a little.
This is great with either very neutral eye or black liner/mascara. It's a Nars matte so a little dry: do a lip balm before and then Mac prep & prime protective undercoat so you don't dry out and also so it lasts. (And it lasts.) Nice.