Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

on 3/6/2011 5:39:00 PM

Love this scent! I use this scent at meetings and if I'm going to be outside a lot. It has a nice light scent. Adore!

on 3/6/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is by far my favorite fragrance. There is only one other that has come close. I love this fragrance so much that I only wear it on rare occassions as treat. I hope they never stop making the fragrance. LUV IT!

on 2/28/2011 9:37:00 PM

This scent is absolutely horrible on me, I had to scrub it off almost immediately it was so bad. I don't know what it was, it was very heavy, cloying and just bad. Not for me!

on 12/7/2010 3:37:00 PM

I have a sample of this fragrance and it is definitely a mature scent. A lovely, lovely scent. Definitely the fragrance of sophistication and maturity. I would suggest getting a sample. I would not go purchase the bottle because I feel the scent is too old for me, however it smells awesome which was why I picked up a sample!

on 12/6/2010 4:23:00 PM

Love this fragrance! Can't believe I didn't review it sooner. It is my HG though I consider it to be a little on the expensive side for me. I've found the scent to last the longest when layered with the body cream. I often wear the body cream alone, especially for work since I know the scent will be just right, not overpowering. My husband originally bought me sets of this as Christmas presents. I've never been one to use body powder but I have found a use for this perfumed talc. On those days I just don't have time for washing my hair, I apply a little of this powder to my roots & massage in. After my shower I brush my hair thoroughly. The oilies are gone & my hair smells great. I've tried other fragrances but I always come back to my Cashmere Mist.

on 12/6/2010 3:26:00 PM

I love this fragrance. It is the quintessential powderey scent. The perfect powderey scent i think. I wore Cashmere Mist today and i went to a store and as i was looking around i overheard one of the workers say to one of her coworkers that she smelled baby powder...LOL. Cashmere Mist is a very comforting scent. It relaxes your spirit and makes you feel mellow and just overall nice. It really is like spraying a fine cashmere mist all over yourself. It is also woody at the same time. A very soft, dear type of wood. Not a harsh, masculine, tree bark type of wood. You know that type of wood that has a kind of fuzz on it. That's the type of wood i'm thinking of.

on 11/26/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love cashmere mist! i love powdery scents and this is so easy on the nose. for those with allergies, try this out. it's not overpowering and for me, it stays on for 5-6 hrs. i use this along with the deodorant. another great product. the only thing i dislike about this product is the actual perfume bottle. it's not very pretty.

on 10/21/2010 11:34:00 AM

I actually really like this smell. I am pretty picky with perfume and to me most brands smell generic and too strong with an very strong alcohol smell which isn't pleasant at all. I like this smell because it is not like those. It is soft from the moment you spray it on and has its unique smell and no strong alcohol smell to it. I agree with people that say this is a sophisticated 'grown up powder' smell. It is very, very pretty and mystical I think. I think it also gives the sense of a naturalIy pretty yet somewhat mysterious woman feeling to the one smelling it. I feel like I am floating on a white fluffy cloud when I smell this.

The only problem I have with it is that it does not seem to last. Within a couple of hours it is gone. Poof! This could be because I have EDT not EDP. I will try the EDP before I give up on this. And perhaps update this here when I do have it.

Update: Tried EDP - I actually like the smell of EDT better and neither of them seem to last... So disappointed.

on 8/23/2010 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i got two huge free samples of this from i think beauty.com where i buy when it's the hugest and/or best free samples possible along with some department stores and other makeup sites but i got overboard with it so now i'm selling off on ebay.

however now i'm not sure about to keep or sell these two bottles cuz i buy $1 store channel #5's and it seems better than that so i can use it for scenting or for one spritz lame days. around poeple who don't care about fragrance.

it's a soft powdery type that can take a baby soft smell into either mature but even old lady.

on 8/20/2010 5:26:00 AM

There are so many things that I like about this fragrance. It is light and soft enough that I can wear it to work without worrying about it being overpowering or offensive. I like the soft, powdery finish. It's feminine without being too floral or fruity. The problem I have with it is no matter how much I apply, it seems to dissipate at once. I mean no staying power at all. I have the EDP and I even purchased a set of small purse size vials for a mid-day spritz. It just doesn't seem to have any longevity on me. No point in wearing it if it disappears and is not even noticeable.

Popular Fragrances