April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tam23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love cashmere mist! i love powdery scents and this is so easy on the nose. for those with allergies, try this out. it's not overpowering and for me, it stays on for 5-6 hrs. i use this along with the deodorant. another great product. the only thing i dislike about this product is the actual perfume bottle. it's not very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by elisawest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really like this smell. I am pretty picky with perfume and to me most brands smell generic and too strong with an very strong alcohol smell which isn't pleasant at all. I like this smell because it is not like those. It is soft from the moment you spray it on and has its unique smell and no strong alcohol smell to it. I agree with people that say this is a sophisticated 'grown up powder' smell. It is very, very pretty and mystical I think. I think it also gives the sense of a naturalIy pretty yet somewhat mysterious woman feeling to the one smelling it. I feel like I am floating on a white fluffy cloud when I smell this.

The only problem I have with it is that it does not seem to last. Within a couple of hours it is gone. Poof! This could be because I have EDT not EDP. I will try the EDP before I give up on this. And perhaps update this here when I do have it.

Update: Tried EDP - I actually like the smell of EDT better and neither of them seem to last... So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by boogie4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

i got two huge free samples of this from i think beauty.com where i buy when it's the hugest and/or best free samples possible along with some department stores and other makeup sites but i got overboard with it so now i'm selling off on ebay.

however now i'm not sure about to keep or sell these two bottles cuz i buy $1 store channel #5's and it seems better than that so i can use it for scenting or for one spritz lame days. around poeple who don't care about fragrance.

it's a soft powdery type that can take a baby soft smell into either mature but even old lady.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are so many things that I like about this fragrance. It is light and soft enough that I can wear it to work without worrying about it being overpowering or offensive. I like the soft, powdery finish. It's feminine without being too floral or fruity. The problem I have with it is no matter how much I apply, it seems to dissipate at once. I mean no staying power at all. I have the EDP and I even purchased a set of small purse size vials for a mid-day spritz. It just doesn't seem to have any longevity on me. No point in wearing it if it disappears and is not even noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by littleflip66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the EDT, and I guess I could see why some people think it smells powdery. To me though, this scent 'is just soft, warm, and comforting. It's not so heavy that it can't be worn in the summertime, but I think I'll save it for the upcoming fall/winter season.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I have been loving this perfume from afar for years.....meaning have always loved but never purchased it. It is a delicate soft powdery scent. The notes blend together so beautifully to create this warm inviting scent. This reminds me a little of KM Loukoum. It also layers well with many fragrant lotions. This can be worn any time of the year!
I know this may sound crazy to some, but this reminds me of that "new car scent," which I have always loved : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Nilo

Oh Cashmere Mist, how did you fall out of my rotation? Somehow my head was turned by all those sweeter and flashier gourmand scents in recent years and I neglected you shamefully. But as I wandered through Sephora last month, there you were, and in EDP???

Suddenly, my gourmand-phase seemed cheap, trite and overblown. I was tired of smelling like everyone else around. And you, Cashmere Mist, welcomed me back with open arms.

Seriously, I am so happy right now, basking in my rediscovered Cashmere Mist adoration. I used to wear Cashmere Mist, for years, back in the mid-1990s - when it first came out. Then I moved into a much sweeter phase and have been wearing primarily Angel, Insolence, and L de Lolita in recent years. I still love those scents, but they are very strong and somewhat cloying (particularly the Angel).

Cashmere Mist is not at all this way. Cashmere Mist does not announce its presence; rather, it says, "Come closer". It does have a vanilla component to it, but it's not at all a gourmand scent. It does have jasmine and lily of the valley in it, but it's not a floral scent. It does have sandalwood in it, but it's not a woody scent - even though Sephora has it listed as a "Dry Woods" scent.

Most reviews have mentioned a powdery impression from it - and that's my memory of it too. I'm not getting that from it now, though. However, I'm wearing the EDP now and not the EDT, so I'm wondering if maybe that is the difference? Another difference is definitely the addition (at least to me in the several years since I stopped wearing the scent) of the deodorant. The deodorant is amazing and helps greatly with the layering of the scent. A few spritzes on my pulse points in the morning, a few swipes of the deodorant and I'm good to go all day; but I usually apply a bit more on my wrists at night, simply because I love to cuddle into the scent as I drift off to sleep at night.

I feel wrapped in the fragrance all day, but because the scent itself is subtle, it's a lovely, light cloud in which to be enveloped. I love the fact that the fragrance is perfectly suited to the office, but it's still sexy enough for my boyfriend to enjoy nuzzling into.

I haven't gotten compliments on my other perfumes in quite some time. But since I started back with the Cashmere Mist, I've been complimented all over the place - by my kids, my parents, my boyfriend, people in the grocery store, my doctor, and my mailman, and the man waiting behind me in the library.

Cashmere Mist and I are well pleased with each other.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kcgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this & actually don't have any right now. You should try the Antispirant/deordorant. It is the best seller of any. You can get it for $12 at Nordys now. Men love it.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Cashmere Mist would be perfect if I was 20 years older. I find this fragrance to be very mature and I don't want to be portrayed as a retired woman who goes sailing and holds fundraisers at her house in the Hamptons...yet. But, it is a nice cozy scent but only nice if you like powdery notes. Cashmere Mist represents who Donna Karan is, as a woman and designer....warm, inspired, accomplished and feminine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by amandaminty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a trendy smell. I love it because it smells warm and inviting. Innocent and comforting.
All purfumes are about body chemistry and not everyone can wear this leathery warm vanilla scent.