Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.4

on 2/20/2014 6:27:00 AM

A bottle of goodness for setting makeup and smoothing/ naturalising the finish of any foundation or powder.
The scent is quite flowery and may be refreshing for some. Personally I find it a bit overpowering for the nose and stinging for my eyes.
Recommended for those with insensitive eyes and noses.

on 2/18/2014 5:06:00 PM

This is a light, fragrant spray that refreshes throughout the day. What I love the most is the spritzer, which dispenses just the right amount of product in an even way. I do not think this spray actually performs a function, but rather just serves to refresh your makeup or your skin throughout the day. That being said, I think this is one of the greatest spritzes I have ever bought.

on 2/13/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in LOVE with this spray!

It feels so nice on the skin and is a great way to freshen up your makeup while also giving your skin the nourishment it needs, also great as a toner!

UPDATE I like using this over my makeup to freshen it up during the day,
but if you are prone to break outs DO NOT use this on your bare skin, this gave me a combo of little tiny bumps around my chin and huge zits on my cheeks and my skin was clear before I used this, also a friend of mine said she has tried rosewater on her skin as well and it broke her out with little tiny bumps everywhere so if you're acne prone maybe this product isn't the best idea.

on 2/13/2014 11:11:00 AM

I've had this product for what seems liek a year and I do use it sparingly. I primarily use it for spritzing on my face prior to makeup, after makeup application, and keep it on me (the bottle is small enough to be portable for the most part) to spary on my face when my makeup looking a little stressed.
I live in Central FL, always at theme parks, always in the dead heat, and I will tote this to Disney in a small bag with me almost 90% of the time. If my makeup starts to act up, I just spray some of this and I instantly look refreshed. (Keep in mind, my Disney makeup is pretty HEAVY. Foundation, blush, bronzer, highlighter, the whole she-bang). I can't go without this product. I've used other spray toners that have very chemical-smells that are very harsh, but this is so soft and romantic smelling with the rosewater.

on 1/30/2014 8:55:00 PM

Love this stuff. Spray it before moisturizer to stay hydrated.

on 1/26/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Rosewater is amazing for the skin. Love this

on 1/24/2014 8:00:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL! I don't ever write reviews but after using this after just one day, I'm convinced! I've used MACs fix plus and ELFs makeup mist spray. This is SO MUCH BETTER. You can really tell the difference in your skin.. or at least my skin. A couple months ago I starting breaking out on my cheeks with cystic acne. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but I feel like this spray has actually helped me get rid of the bumps on my face! My skin is so much smoother. I used this both as a primer and setting spray... It leaves a dewy, glowing finish & my pores are practically invisible! Affordable and portable with an amazing rose scent, this spray is a MUST HAVE.

This is really not a perfumed spray. Ok, it has a fragrance of a rose, but it is from rose water not an artificial perfumey chemical (it is not like you're spraying actual eua de toilette on your face!).
This spray is very nice. I personally like to use it before applying my morning serums and moisturizers as soon as I get out of the shower. It keeps my combo skin hydrated and helps the application of my skin care. If your skin feels dry during the day, it is nice to spray it on again to refresh it.
Is it an absolute necessity? Probably not, but it is very nice and so inexpensive!

on 1/15/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I finally found my setting spray. This was a recommendation from Youtube for something affordable and that worked for setting and making the powder look like skin. It works! It's only $7. It's all natural and has rosemary, etc in it and it smells like herbs.

It gets rid of that powder look which I HATE HATE HATE. I can't seem to find anything affordable that does it. I tried NYX Dewy Spray and it didn't do much. I was going to try MAC's but decided to go with this for now. I think I will be sticking with it now.

The setting part is true as well. I think it probably doesn't set as well as highend, but I haven't tried UD yet or Skindanavia. For $7 I really am happy with this and love the ingredients. My face is pretty sensitive and this calms it quickly. I have rosacea and dry skin. This hydrates it and seems to calm the red down after 20 minutes of sitting. I used this the other day with my full makeup going to a big appointment in Boston and I was in no need of touchups for the entire day and it was on for over 16 hours. I would say it worked.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm heading towards my third bottle of this. I originally purchased it to cancel out the powdery finish left behind from a powder foundation I used to use instead of using MAC Fix+ which was a major irritant for my skin. But after I stopped using the powder foundation I decided to use the spray after I cleansed and toned my skin. I spray while my skin is still damp from the toner and immediately follow up with my serum & moisturizer. I don't notice any earth shattering results but I do notice that does cancel out the tight feeling as my skin feels immediately after cleansing. There are a lot of other similar treatment sprays on the market but this one by far is the best in my opinion. And you just can't beat the price point.

12/10/2014: This has been reformulated with garbage ingredients. I didn't realize it till I went in for my annual haul of this spray and once after cleansing and applying this once lovely gem my skin didn't feel right so I happen to look at the ingredients list and wham bam I found the culprits.

Reformulation: Aqua (water, eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum ( Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33) CI 42090 (Blue 1).

I feel so bad because over the years I've suggested this product to so many people only for it later to become a huge disappointment. They have also reformulated a popular mask as well and I can't remember which one it is but its one that I don't use myself but overall I don't think I will be using anymore MB products after I finish using one of its eye creams because I'm fearful that that too will be reformulated in the near future.