December 21, 2014 | 1472 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - 24 Hour Moisture

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:38:00 AM More reviews by k3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I consider this lotion to be mediocre. One of my problems with most lotions is that they usually disappear on me rather quickly. When I saw the "24-hour" label on the bottle I bought this on impulse, thinking it would solve the problem.

I find that this isn't very moisturizing. The scent gives me a headache when I smell too much of it. The film it leaves (I believe its called hydratein?) makes me feel sticky and uncomfortable. It really DOES feel like you're wearing another layer, which is a no-no in the humid climate I live in. So to finish up my bottle I only use it at night, and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff. It absorbs super fast so I use it as my daily moisturizer, especially after shaving. It's gentle enough to use on my just-shaved skin and doesn't make them feel greasy. Does it last 24 hours? Probably not. Certainly not on my hands anyway. But it's a great price and a great formula overall.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2008 4:07:00 AM More reviews by analogem

it's okay. not moisturizing enough, even though my legs/skin aren't that dry to begin with. skins feels dry after 2.4 hours rather than 24.

i also hate having to stand the bottle upside down when it's almost done to get the product out. and coz the top is so small it is hard to balance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by taffygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG body lotion. It's cheap and works really well. I have dry sensitive skin and my legs become particularly dry from shaving/using a loofa/taking hot showers. However, slathering this on after the shower locks in the moisture and my legs are sooooo soft and smooth. If used continuously, your skin actually changes. Before, I had visible "wrinkles" on my legs - dry scale-y appearance , but now it's soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by littlemisslilo

Product is a lifesaver for the winter time. I love the light non oily or greasy feeling. The price you get for the bottle will last you for a year!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by TJA

Out of all of the lotions I have ever used this is the best!!!! It moisturizes my skin very well. It also makes my skin very soft and smooth. It is long lasting and I love the smell of it.. Not only do I use this on my skin, but also on my three daughter's skin. Two of my daughter's have very dry skin and this lotion has put an end to their dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by PassionFruiT81

It's winter time again and my skin has been just absolutely at it's worst. Extremely dry, itchy, flaky, cracking skin! I've tried Johnson's baby oil, Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion,Vaseline intensive care, Ponds, Fruits and Passion creams, Body shop lotions, Victoria secret creams, crabtree and Evelyn etc. and still, nothing compares to St Ives. Just absolutely amazed at how well this works for me. It sinks right in, no sticky after feel, no over powering scent, works right away! My goodness it's the cheapest lotion you can find too! Great bang for your buck. I must say the price did go up, but still cheaper and works better than the rest. I always go back to this after trying others. It's my holy Grail. Gotta give this a chance people. Hope it works for others as well as it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by smurf2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love this!!! When I touched my legs the other night (around the shin area which is usually quite dry) - I was amazed by how so soft and smooth they felt even though I'd applied hours earlier in the morning after showering. Slightly odd consistency but non-greasy, sinks in quickly and almost no fragrance which is a huge plus for me (I hate Palmer's and cocoa butter as I find the smell is too overpowering and cloying). The large pump pack is great for the bathroom and so wallet friendly too, I even got this on sale!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was tossing up between Palmer's cocoa butter (which I have tried before) and this. I knew that Palmer's would be more moisturizing and this one would be much much meagre. But I bought it because the company doesn't test on animals (or so it says) and it was cheap.

I really love the smell, but unfortunately this doesn't cut it for me. It's not nearly moisturizing enough. I put it on and a few hours later I get flaky again (even after layering with aqueous cream). It's good if you have normal/oily skin during summer.
Unfortunately I have dry skin and it's winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 5:51:00 AM More reviews by x3fairie

this is my absolute favourite body cream EVER! im asian and i have extremely dry, extremely sensitive skin on my body. in the winters i used to literally bawl my eyes out because my skin hurt so badly from drying out(even when i used to lather up on the moisturiser).

one day whilst strolling through priceline i came across this moisturiser and it is absolutely DEVINE! after a week(or maybe even less!) my skin improved dramatically. it feel smoother and look soo much better. i could never use anything else ever again! ive gone through probably 6bottles of these.. they last quite a while.. probably 4-5months(and i use this every day after showering!). and it has never ever irritated my skin! completely fabulous!

i gave it a 3 for packaging however because when nearing the end of a bottle.. it gets fustratingly hard to scoop up every last drop of product.