October 26, 2014 | 1000 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by devotdsatellite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my fave conditioner and I am cheap so the fact that I spend money on this speaks a lot. Tip: I buy the 64 oz size on ebay from reputable sellers in order to save money. Dramatically reduces the cost per ounce. The 64 oz often comes with a pump which helps with portioning.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells good, works well and provides hydration for my wavy to curly hair. Unfortunately, looks like one of its ingredients -- cetearyl alcohol -- led to cystic acne. Expensive, too. My sister-in-law, who has dry, colored long hair, loves this stuff & has no skin problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i feel like i've tried a million conditioners in the last few years because of my dry, processed hair. i'm naturally a level 2 and after perming and then lightening my ends, my hair felt fried. i've tried a ton of hair masks, deep condioners and rinses hoping to find something that will soften and defrizz. this stuff really hydrates the hair and changes the texture dramatically. my hair is naturally very straight and though thick and there being a lot of it, it's pretty flat on top and the bottom half has a grown out perm and color processing so it's a bit courser and wavier than the top. the ends are very dry and i have some split ends. i find only a tiny bit is needed as well so the 8 oz bottle lasts a few months. i mix this with a bit of thermafuse repair conditioner every once in a while for a bit of added strength as well and the scents really complement each other. this conditioner is concentrated and feel like this conditioner works better than a lot of deep conditoners that i have used. i've used ojon, redken heavy cream, morroconoil restorative mask, macadamia oil deep repair mask, joico moisture recovery, kerastase oleo relax, redken intense renewal, brocato curlinterrupted treatment, mixed chicks deep conditioner just to name a few and this has been the best conditioner i've used so far. yes, it's expensive at $29 for 8oz bottle but if i consider all the money i've spent on other conditioners that didn't didn't work as well as pureology hydrate. i don't like the hydrate shampoo and much prefer enjoy shampoos and use this in conjunction with enjoy rejuventating volumizing shampoo. i do find this can build up overtime but when i alternate my shampoo with pureology purify shampoo i don't have a problem and hydrate condtioner works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by laninaimantada

In contrast to the shampoo, I believe I would re purchase this, it is great cuz it smells so good and feels so cold on your scalp, a tiny little amount goes a loooooong, and leave hair fresh and clean without heavy feeling. It is not the best conditioner out there for what it is supposed to do (hydrate) I would say is a conditioner for normal hair that is healthy already and just needs a liiiiitle bit of moisture, it is more a detangler, but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG conditioner and I don't think I will ever use anything again! I love the minty smell, and I love how thick it is. I don't have to use much of it in order to condition my whole thick head of long hair. I also like that it rinses clean, but makes my hair so flippin' soft. I used to have to put a leave in conditioner or detangler in my hair just to comb it after I would condition, but not with this! I do hate that it is so expensive, but it lasts so long because I don't have to use a ton of it like other conditioners that it is worth it to me. I've had my large bottle for over 2 months now and I wash and condition my hair every day. There is still at least a month's worth left. The bottle design is kind of silly, but luckily I have a shower caddy where I can store it completely upside down so none of the product gets stuck. I can't say enough fabulous things about this product. It has taken me many many years to find this! And I'm definitely in love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Guess I'm just not an herbal fragrance person. I truly did not like the mint/eucalyptus fragrance one bit. In addition, the conditioner stung my scalp and neck - I have sensitive skin so that didn't help matters. Finally my wavy hair appeared to be dry, frizzy and lifeless after using this conditioner paired with the Hydrate shampoo. Very disappointing for a relatively high-cost product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the Pureology Hydrate condition in the lavender bottle. I have repurchased this many times and am happy every time I do. The minty tingle that this product gives my scalp feel amazing and smells great. It hydrates well. This really helps me relax in the shower. Really loving this product, not just for what it does for my hair, but the whole experience. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This conditioner was not HG-material for me, but it wasn't bad either- it's a good product, just not an EXCELLANT product. I imagine it would be better suited for finer hair types, it was too light for my thick, coarse hair.

I don't care for mint, so I didn't like the scent, but my cat loved it- she tried to eat my hair. At least it didn't smell like a litter box, like the Pureology shampoos I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by mconley

I just wanted to warn girls with fine hair like me- this product, while it may make your hair softer and more hydrated, also makes it flat and without body. I bought this on the recommendation of my hairdresser, and I will never purchase it again. It's SO expensive, and honestly makes my hair looks so flat it's ridiculous. While it does smell good, that's about the only thing it has going for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pureology Hydrate Conditioner
Here's my review:
Texture: Thick, good weight.
Performance: My hair feels moisturized as.
Odor: It's an unique scent that I personally like.
Cost: On the more expensive end.

My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT.
I do use this with the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo. I think this line is specific for those that color, I don't color my hair but after trying the other Pureology lines, this one is best.