Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Aqua/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Linalool, Chlorhexidene Dhydrochloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Lecithin, Geraniol, Phosphoric Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia/Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Candellia Cera/Candella Wax, Phenoxethanol, Ethylparaben

on 11/7/2009 7:41:00 AM

Not a magical product - but it's good enough. I add it with L'Oreal Elvive Smooth-Intense to create an extreme deep conditioning cream, and my hair does feel softer. But it's still frizzy, and it isn't really weighed down - I buy it again and again just because it does enough for me not to be annoyed.

Then again, my hair's so difficult so maybe that's why. Oh, but the jar packaging is kind of gross to me, since I always spill it everywhere.

on 11/7/2009 12:26:00 AM

This is a fantastic at home treatment for my hair. I leave it on for 15-30mins depending on how much time I have and wash it out. I always use this after a protein treatment (by Redken as well) and it has restored my hair. My hair very silky and never tangles. I also use the Redken shampoo and conditioner so that helps as well. I sometimes use this as a conditioner when I don't have the time to do a treatment and I leave it in for about 5mins. I don't use it near my scalp as I'm on the oily side. All in all, its by far the best moisturising treatment I've used and will definitely repurchase.

on 9/29/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was recommended by a REALLY great stylist for my color-treated fine, blonde hair. She told me the trick is to make sure your hair is SOAKING WET, then take a small amount of the butter treat rub it on the ends of your hair and it literally MELTS into your hair. It doesn't weigh my super oily hair down either. It's amazing.

on 8/20/2009 12:19:00 PM

This is definitely a treat. Leaves my hair like butter but not greasy or weighed down. I can feel the difference in my hair after one use.

on 7/3/2009 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have really dry and thick hair for an asian >.< that's y I'm always searching for hair treatments that are thicker formula than regular conditioners. I used this product after shampoo and rinsed after about 15 to 20 minutes. It's pretty good; helps moisturize my dry hair and leaves my hair soft and light as well, but it's not perfect. It doesn't smell that good. I'm not even sure what the smell is like. Before purchasing this product, I imagined sort of buttery coconut smell because of the name of the product. But it smells nothing like that. I don't use perfume or scented lotion on my body, so i feel like my shampoo and treatments should smell good, but I'm not digging the smell of this thing. It's not horrible, I could live with it, but i would definitely buy it again only if the smell was better. Hope this helped =)

on 7/1/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

The 'Smooth Down Butter Treat' works really well. It's concentrated formula, is like a potent version of the 'Smooth Down Conditioner'. After I dyed my hair red for the second time, this treatment helped condition and smooth out my incredibly dry hair. I find that the 'Smooth Down' line suits my thick, frizz-prone, dry hair very well. Most conditioners don't deliver such quality.

on 6/13/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is great at softening and conditioning my curly hair..I leave it on for about 20min. w/ a hot towel out of the dryer wrapped around my hair..rinse some of it and style..the smells not bad either..price could be a little steep but I buy all of my salon products from a flea market store that gives great discounts..use this in combo. with Redken Heat Glide for days I want to flat iron my hair and I love the results =)

on 6/3/2009 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought a sample of this to try after my CAT treatments. Loved it. It made my hair so soft. I will be purchasing a full size bottle soon.

on 6/2/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I got this in the tub version and I think the tub packaging is better because I can get every last bit of expensive product out. I chose the butter treat rather than the conditioner as I really wanted it to work and thought that I may as well use the "stronger" product. I look for products which can de-bouff and de-frizz my dry, coarse, frequently-dyed hair and although this was OK, it didn't do anything special. I've used supermarket brands that are comparable to or better than this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I really love this treatment. It can be used as anything: Deep conditioner, regular conditioner, co wash conditioner AND leave-in conditioner! Any way I use it is fabulous! My hair always comes out so soft and moisturized and a little goes a loooong way. I used it many different ways daily (conditioner and leave-in) for 2 weeks and I only had two tiny 2 ounce tubes!