November 25, 2014 | 1821 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by amazin90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail winter skin savior. It has become cold in the Mid-West and my skin is increasingly drier. I actually got this on a whim because Wal-Mart was out of Ponds Dry Skin Cream. I'm glad because this works so much better for me. I put this on my cleaned and toned skin as an overnight moisturizer and I wake up with baby soft skin!!! No night moisturizer has been able to accomplish this for me and this costs less than $4.00......win for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This is the time of year to take out your Jergens All-purpose Face Cream. I just purchased a new tub, I couldn't find it for a while, but Walmart has it again. Yes, this is called face cream, but it is absolutely the best skin moisturizer for your dry legs and arms in the winter! Give it a try after a shower, your legs and arms will be smooth and soft.

Do use it on your face too, it's great for removing mascara and stubborn makeup.

The first 3 ingredients are the same as cold cream: mineral oil, water, wax. It's less than $4 for 15 oz. It's made in the USA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Completely forgot about this product until I saw a recent review! I alternate between this and Pond's for cold cream - oil cleansing sometimes dries me out in the winter, so I switch to cold cream for my makeup removal needs. This one is getting harder to find but I do love how it smells and how pink it is. :) No breakouts and very moisturizing, and I love the retro tub! Cute, cheap, and keeps my skin moist and clog-free in winter.

Update: Yep, still loving it. It's the only thing that will remove my DiorShow Iconic WP mascara and makes more of a dent in my Jordana Extreme Volume mascara than anything else. I also think it removes my physical sunscreens a lot more thoroughly than straight oil cleansing or the Eve Lom balm I've been using lately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

First of all, I can't believe how much product you get for such a low price. I got this at drugstore.com for $4. Moving on... I use this in a similar fashion to cold cream. I slather it on and let it sit for a minute. Then, I wipe it off with a washcloth. I use this as a makeup remover. I then wash my face with my HG cleanser (Purity). This works well. I quite enjoy the scent. It doesn't linger after you finish washing your face. What I like about this is that it feels lighter in texture than cold cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Phynesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The ingredient list for this product reads as follows:
Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) , Water , Beeswax (Apis Mellifera) , Magnesium Aluminium Silicate , Sodium Borate , Fragrance , Isopropyl Myristate , DMDM Hydantoin , Red 4
you would be better off just using vaseline which is basically what this product is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by IrisMartin

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I respect my fellow reviewers on this site immensely, so I mean no offense when I say that I'm not sure why some ladies are hung up on a packaging's looks. Now function of the packaging, another matter entirely. It has to be practical, fairly easy to use and functional. As far as this product is concerned, I think the "retro packaging" is endearing and has no bearing whatsoever on this product's effectiveness, which is awesome.

I am a dedicated cold cream user. I love the ads from the 1920's through the 60's for cold cream. But besides nostaglia, and an attachment to my mom and deceased sister who used to use cold cream and Jergens All Purpose Face Cream, this stuff really works.

Us gals now need to give a respectable "nod" to the ladies that went before us. We must not discount them as "old fashioned" and "out of touch" with today's skin care products and techniques. Sure, there are fabulous products today, but many of those products are really ineffective and very, very, overpriced. That is why I continually search for "wisdom from the past" and I am rarely disappointed.

I just switched from Pond's Cold Cream (because they changed their timeless, classic formulation in favor of....I still don't know what other than it irritates my skin to no end) to Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream and I am not sorry I did at all.

I use this as my cold cream and it works so wonderfully. Actually, I like it a tad better because it goes on very creamy. The smell, thankfully, does not bother me and seems to gets much less as I cream it into my face. I leave it on 10-15 minutes after I cream it in and then tissue off. I follow with my awesome Thayer's Rose Water Toner, then the awesome Cerave Moisturing Cream and I am cleansed and moisturized. Make-up is next....or not, depending on the day.

So again, no offense to my fellow reviewers. I respect your opinion, humor and insight immensely. It's just that I hope we all look at what's inside and the job it does more than "the pretty". Besides, look at it this way, we PAY MONEY for "pretty". JAPFC is very inexpensive because it's container is not as fancy-shmancy as some other products but that is super-okay with me. I just need it to work like it has for countless women before me, my mom and sis included and keep my face hydrated, moist, dewy and cleansed gently.

Love this product. I hope it stays exactly the same in packaging and for the product inside (unlike Pond's!).

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream is very oily, even if it is used as a cold cream (wiped off). Yes, it does leave the skin soft and smooth but I prefer the Walgreens brand of cold cream as the latter brand seems hypoallergenic and not pore-clogging.
The original formula has changed and it now has DMDM Hydantoin and aluminum!
The packaging is okay, the large tub seems unhygienic.
Another issue is the artificial pink colour and the fragrance, which is very strong. I think it was the fragrance of this cream that may have resulted in white-heads on my cheeks and blackheads on the t-zone.
For me, blackheads occur due to clogged pores and whiteheads due to a possible allergic reaction.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Jar is so retro, I laugh whenever I have to stock. I Love this as a makeup remover because it removes everything and when I'm extra lazy or too "influenced" to do a thorough job this works as one step. It leaves your skin silky silky, but when I usually use this as a the precursor to my normal routine. I was an avid cold cream user but Ponds prices have become ridiculous so for 3.00 US I would recommends it to anyone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Beeforth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product. The texture is just right - it removes make-up quickly and without making any mess. I cover my face with the cream then tissue off and tone. Don't use any water near my face as the water here is very saline. My only very tiny complaint is that the perfume is quite strong.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC!!! LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Now I know why this stuff has been around for as long as it has! I use it to cleanse my face, not only does it cleans, it moisturizes as well. Granted, there are some days that I don't need all THAT moisture back in my skin. I run my tissue across the top of the cream and gently massage on my eye make-up. Next I get a warm washcloth and run it across the cream and gently massage my face. I rinse with warm water. Depending on how much moisturizer I think I need, I may or may not wait a minute or so and wipe again with a make-up removal towelette. It is INCREDIBLY gentle, and even though I take measures to remove excess cream after removal, I still get plenty of moisturizer! Even if I have that "heavy" and "greasy" feeling on my face when I go to bed, when I awake in the morning my skin is softer than I have felt in years! Plus my skin feels fresher, looks fresher, brighter, healthier, and as "fresh as a baby's butt"! Amazing!!! This stuff is the "plain ole" cold cream that has been around for years--unlike Ponds that has changed formulas over the years. It works great to moisturize feet and elbows. I have, however, added the clay mask into my beauty regimine to keep my pores from clogging. But I LOVE this stuff!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No