Jergens All-Purpose Face Cream

4.3

Active Ingredients Mineral Oil; Water; Beeswax; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; Sodium Borate; Fragrance; Isopropyl Myristate; DMDM Hydantoin; Red 4

on 8/31/2013 6:37:00 AM

[Warning: will be comparing Jergens to Pond's cold cream.]

Initially I thought this would be a great replacement for Pond's as a makeup remover because:

1) It's cheaper.

2) I prefer the softer, rose scent of Jergens as opposed to the harsher, floral scent of Pond's (though they both are heavily fragranced).

3) The shape of the tub makes for easier access to all of the product.

But after using Jergens for several months, I've decided to go back to using Pond's for several reasons:

1) Jergens is a little thicker in consistency, which makes me rub a bit harder at my face and especially my eyes to thoroughly remove makeup. Warming it up does not significantly thin the cream, as it does with Pond's. (Creamy Jergens as opposed to silky Pond's.)

2) It stings my eyes, something that Pond's does not do. The pain fades within a few minutes.

3) If I do not thoroughly wipe off residual cream with toner or rinse it off at the sink, within a few hours I break out in pimples or inflamed red bumps. Then I get sad.

I'll use up the remaining half of the tub of Jergens because I can make it work and I don't like to waste. It works just as well at moisturizing and removing makeup as Pond's, but I won't repurchase any time soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This cream is extremely oily! I couldn't use this as a moisturizer, but this works wonders as a makeup remover! seriously it removes everything and leaves skin feeling clean and soft, and also your skin will look dewy! not greasy but dewy and glowy!

on 7/24/2013 5:19:00 AM

Please only use this at night. Do no use this during day time. My mother always warned me about using this during day time. The sun hits you 3xs stronger. Only night time ladies please! Overall love this product.

on 5/11/2013 2:49:00 PM

Great basic face cleanser/cream!

First off its scented... smells kinda like roses. It's also colored pink. As you can see from the photo, it comes in a jar. The jar that I purchased was not sealed in any way. It didnt have one of those plastic "liners" that are often on the inside of jars.

I really like this cream because I can use it anywhere and it doesnt irritate my skin.

on 3/2/2013 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm young, but i know alot of my family use this.
its packaging is endearing to me, also today is my first run of this. it smells amazing, feels wonderful and i believe it will do well.
as for some prior comments i read:

It does NOT contain formaldehyde, i am a chemist.
and its ingredients are trust worthy to those with dry/normal skin

on 3/2/2013 12:37:00 PM

I love this product. I was looking to get some Ponds cold cream to take off my makeup. I remember using Ponds years ago for this . Well I was shocked at how expensive the Ponds was! I just could not get myself to pay that much for something that I remember as being cost friendly when I was younger. It was then that I spotted this face cream way at the bottom of the shelf. I got an instant flash back to my mom. She used to use this all the time. When I saw the price I think I giggled like a scholl girl :P. The smell is a trip down memory lane and I look forwward to coming home after a long day and taking off my makeup. My skin is soft and really has helped my dry skin.I hope they never stop making this! Hats off to Jergens for keeping it at such a great price too!

on 2/15/2013 11:38:00 PM

This is hands down, THEE product that will always be a part of my regimen. My Grandmother has been using it for years to remove her makeup and as a night cream as well (she's 70 and looks 55). It is a heavy cream and will make your skin a little greasy at first, but over night your skin will drink it all in and will be baby soft by morning. My skin is a little naturally oily most of the time, so I only use it as a night cream during the winter when my skin gets dry and flaky. I use it every night to remove all of my makeup and then clean it off with a warm washcloth before I wash my face. It makes my skin feel great!! I also use it on my arms and legs when they get ashy. Truly All-Purpose cream! and darling vintage-y packaging!!

on 2/15/2013 2:52:00 PM

Well I have a terribly dry skin . In summer I used to get buy using water based moisturizer thinking its better for my skin till winter hits and I get very dry flaky skin which is horrible with foundation and I thought the problem was foundation I kept trying new products, till I came on your website and read about Jergens. It's amazing . It took 24 hours I applied it twice and the dryness and flakes significantly improved. I read here also that some used it as a makeup base I tried that it was a too oily finish for me but maybe it can work for some. I use Eucerin for very dry skin SPF 15 as a base now ( also go introduced to it via your website thanks) during the day and after work I wash off and apply Jergens.
I also gave it to my younger sister to try she has acne and it's helping her a lot I can notice a difference.

Overall I think this is a great purchase. I have been using now for close to a month I wanted to wait to test the slightly long term results prior to writing. I am very happy and relieved I can apply my make up and not look embarrassed all the time.

I would definitely always make sure I have it available.

Goodluck.

on 1/16/2013 5:41:00 PM

I know I know.
I'm usually not a fan of products that contains mineral oil....
but i love this stuff

(i use an exfoliating cleanser and clairisonic brush first)

i use this to rinse away any excess makeup (I dab it on) yes dabbing makes a difference

splash my skin with water and then remove the residual cleanser with a toner
the scent is soothing and heavenly and lulls me to sleep....

theres something about this product that just works........ it's magic and i'll always have it on hand

***ps it's very cheap at walmart.com you can get a pack of 2 for $5 I think :)

I hope they never ever change the formula!!!!!

(oh ps I dont use this product around my eye area.... itll sting a bit )

on 1/10/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an okay product.
I usually use Pond's cold cream cleanser to clean my face and remove makeup, but I decided to try this out because of all the good reviews.
(the fact that it's dirt cheap is another plus!)
I tried to take off my eye makeup with this, but it stung my eyes like crazy! It did take foundation off pretty well, though, so I'll give it that.