November 23, 2014 | 1556 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past couple of years, I've started wearing makeup daily to work and this has really been my HG in combination with LM secret concealer. An under-eye concealer alone does not do nearly as good of a job at brightening. With this powder, I can at least "pretend" to look the way I did a few years ago (before aging/lack of sleep/stress at work got to me). Considering the generous size (esp given its use in under eye area), it's a fairly reasonably priced product.

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging -- they could prob do more to prevent too much product from coming out the little holes to the top half, esp when we have to carry it when traveling -- but I understand this is the standard loose powder packaging...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

Absolutely love how this product sets my concealer no matter how much concealer I am wearing. When worn over the concealer it gives a flawless finish and it looks like you are not wearing any concealer at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This is the ONLY thing I will use to set my clients under eye concealer. It's the only powder that doesn't make the skin look crepey. It absolutley does not highlight wrinkles, it softly diffuses the light and makes the skin appear smoother. It also prevents the concealer from moving around. This is something I will keep in my kit until they stop making it (God forbid).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkie77

I just bought my 3rd one of the #2 powder. I don't think I can use anything else to set my under eye concealer. The sifter is tricky because it dispenses a whole lot of product when you only need a teeny bit. To apply, I use a fluffy brush to pat it on and then sweep off any excess to avoid it from settling in my fine lines.
It definitely does brighten the eye area and doesn't flash back stark white in photos. The price is fair because one jar will last for about a year with everyday use. Totally worth it, IMO.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't live without this. Its light-reflecting properties and finely-milled consistency make this one of the most versatile products in my arsenal. I use this to set undereye concealer - works better than Powderflage, which can cake at times - as well as an understated highlighter on my cheekbones. This contains no shimmer, no glitter, no shine; it just reflects light. It reminds me of granules of sand at the beach, except it's obviously not as coarse and it's white. The white color is virtually undetectable upon application, but it literally performs as the title suggests: it brightens. After I apply just a dab of concealer to the very darkest areas beneath my eye, I use the pointed end of a dry BeautyBlender to lightly press the Brightening Powder into the concealer to set and brighten. Then I use the larger end of the BeautyBlender to very lightly dust away whatever excess product remains for a totally flawless application. This is the only product and method I've found that lasts throughout the day while completely eradicating the look of undereye puffiness. Doesn't dry my skin and seems to blur my fine lines. And you know that awful magnetic force that pulls eyeliner to concealer? Not here. The Secret Brightening Powder forms some kind of impenetrable barrier over concealer. It's the only undereye product I can count on to stay put, even sitting alongside black eyeliner. There's nothing else like this stuff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lwaine

At first I didnt understand the hype when using this product but I have found when using it to set concealer under my eyes it works perfectly! I usually suffer from make up setting in the fine lines underneath my eyes but this stops it from happening completely. I sweep a small amount under my eyes only and then brush a pressed powder over the top and it lasts all day. Has a lovely light texture and although it initially looks scarily white it does blend in to be practically invisible!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this powder to set my concealer. I hate that they don't sell #2 at Sephora now and I have to go really out of my way to buy it at Nordstrom now. I've tried #1 and I currently have it and it also sets my concealer beautifully. However, it can kinda give a weird reverse raccoon look in pictures if you are heavy-handed with it. Even though it is expensive, a little goes a long way and it will last you forever. I've had mine for six months and I not even half way through.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by lc15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although, this is a bit pricey, I will definitely buy it again! I use it under my eyes and down the center of my nose and it gives such a subtle healthy glow. Stays on my face all day and doesn’t settle into fine lines or look chalky. I had used another Brightening powder from Target but this one is so much better and worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lapatatedouce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't think I'd like this product, but it does make a difference around the eye area and cheekbones...or good as an all over face powder, especially for a date night...waiting till I get paid to buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

This powder makes my under eye area very dry, thus underlines puffiness, small wrinkles etc