Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/1/2012 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Oh how I love this color and wanted it to look good on me!!! It's so buttery, soft, and a beautiful mauve-red color. It's so incredibly pigmented and blends really well for being a $4 blush which is fantastic.
The problem is, naturally my skin is very red-prone and so this blush really brought out that flush in my skin, in an unflattering way. When I work so hard using concealer and nice foundations to hide that red, I don't want a blush that piles on a doll-like red glow.
I've come to realize that I can only work with nude, peach, and light brown pigments for my face and cheeks.
If you are not red prone, however, I definitely recommend purchasing this blush!

on 2/5/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love love this blush. It's so pretty and it goes great with my tan/brown skin. It does last a very long time and this is definitely one of my favorites! :)

on 1/25/2012 10:53:00 PM

Maaaaan this thing is pigmented. Just lovely, and completely affordable.

Just please, don't even think about using that sad brush.

on 12/26/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

WOW! this is an amazinggggggggg blush! i own 3 of the 4 blushes by wet n' wild and hoping to get the 4th one soon. These are superbly pigmented and are you kidding me...for $3 this is suchhhhhh a steal. I would def. pay more for these. They go one smooth without a problem and this shade in particular is stunning on tan skin, actually I can see this shade being gorgeous on every skin color! I put this blush on at around noon and its now close to midnight and my cheeks are still as vibrant as when i first put it on. Normally my blush fades within a few hours such as the covergirl blushes. this stuff is amazing! Hats off to wet n' wild...they need to keep bringing out amazing products like this.

on 12/23/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wow!!!! Soooo, I definitely understand why this has received such GREAT reviews!! This blush is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL on my nc45 (for a reference) skin!!! With a blush this beautiful and this cheap, who in the heck cares about packaging!!!! It remindes me of Mac Gingerly, but I actually like it better!! It's perfect for everyday and gives me just the right amount of color!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! Try it!!!

on 9/25/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the perfect blush if you have pale skin. I guess I would describe it as a darker dusty rose tone, and for the quality it's super inexpensive.

It's so highly pigmented that you barely have to touch the brush to the product to get the right amount. It's going to take at least a year, or more, to use the whole thing. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars for packaging quality because of the brush. I don't like it, because it's almost impossible to not get too much product on it. So, I would recommend using your own.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. Good job Wet 'n' Wild!

on 5/7/2011 10:23:00 PM

I'm impressed!

I usually will only wear cream blush I'm really not a fan of powder blush at all but after reading all the positive reviews about this blush I decided to give a try and I'm really pleased that I have because this color is perfect for me and I don't even feel as though I'm wearing a powder blush it's so light and silky.

Thumbs up from me!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am not a blush person. I use it, but I only ever go for a natural flush, so I don't collect blushes or own different colors. I was looking for something fitting those needs, since I realized the blushes I had were too pink/berry. I needed something with a little more brown in it.

PROS:
1. Cheap.
2. Readily available on the ground(Walgreens or CVS, here in the Midwest).
3. Long-lasting (I've had more expensive that fade much faster).
4. Soft.
5. Pigmented.

CONS:
1. I hate the packaging because it feels so flimsy, but I really couldn't ask for more considering the price. And I don't even know why they include that brush; it's terrible.

How I use: I dab a dense blush brush once in the pan, then smile. INSTEAD of the apples of your cheeks, swipe it JUST ABOVE the apples (just above, not under your eyes). It looks much more natural than right on your apples, in my opinion, because at least for me, that's where I flush naturally. Usually one dab for each cheek is enough for my winter skin. The great thing about the brown tones in this is that it'll work well on tan summer skin, too!

on 3/30/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful blush. It makes my NC50 skintone glow. It's become my go to blush. It looks just as good with TM and mascara as it does with a full face makeup look! Wet N Wild has really come into it's own since I was in HS!

on 2/27/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, I would definitely buy this again if I could find it. The Wet 'n Wild display at Walgreens had no blush whatsoever the last time I perused. Normally, "wine" would not describe my preference in blush but this is a warm, natural "blush." It lasts fine on me, not overly pigmented but just right.

Popular Blush Products