July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Lokoum

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 12:54:00 AM More reviews by maayan

I've got lightly tanned olive skin and this stuff looks ultra-natural on me -- because it's translucent and can be built up to whatever your limit, it really does work to look flattering on any skin tone. The trick is to gently wipe your fingers over the blush, enough to get a bit of colour on them, and then rub them against each other to warm the pigment. I apply it by wiping my fingers against the skin in a concentric motion, gradually building up the pressure -- this lets me aim my fingers and put down the pigment exactly where I want it, and then the added pressure with whatever pigment remains on my fingers makes sure that it blends in really well. I put a little bit on the sides of my nose, just above my upper lip, and on the underside of my chin (using the same movement that you'd use to make an offensive jesture!) -- that really makes all the difference. My only complaint -- and this seems to happen no matter the blusher I'm using, so it could easily be my own fault -- is that the color seems to fade within minutes of applying it. Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by littleotik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great, buildable color. Lovely texture. Its most blendable with base on though - not great on bare skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2005 6:01:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Either I need to give up with cream blushes or this one simply didn't work for me. Why do I find this so hard to blend? I love highly pigmented powder blushes, but I think cream needs to be sheerer to look natural and be easy to apply. So this one was just too concentrated for me. I will try a couple other cream blushes and decide if I need to stick with powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 11:14:00 PM More reviews by valora

This is my favorite cream blush by NARS. Lokuom is a lovely coral shade infused with gold micro-glitter, it gives me a warm flush. I use Paula Dorf's Cream Cheek Brush for application of all my cream blushes. My favorite lip colors with Lokoum are Chanel's Aqualumiere in Tahiti for coral lips or Chanel's Aqualumiere in Ipanema for nude lips. The formulation of NARS cream blush is cream to powder, blends easily and stays on all day. I highly recommend this as I believe it would be pretty on most skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2004 11:24:00 AM More reviews by rosycheek22

I'm fair but with ruddy skin, dark hair, hazel eyes. This blush was perfect for me this summer, when I had a bit of a tan. Surprisingly, it still looks good now that it's winter, esp when layered with some Sin on top to kind of natural-ize the color. texture is lovely, easy to blend, just slippy enough but not too greasy. I do love NARS blushes.

Only gave 4 instead of 5 b/c it does seem to fade more quickly than their straight-up powder blushes. **NOTE: IF YOU LIKE NARS BLUSHES, YOU'LL LOVE SHU UEMURA BLUSHES. I JUST REMOVED ALL NARS BLUSHES FROM MAKEUP BAG AFTER GOING ON SHU BLUSH BINGE. SOO MUCH MORE NATURAL LOOKING--AND LONGER LASTING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 1:39:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am always reluctant to buy a cream blush for my somewhat oily skin but this one from Nars is just simply divine. It looks totally natural, is easy to apply, and leaves behind a subtle gold sparkle. I think it should be called Heavenly! If I ever use it up I would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2004 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Taffyrn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! It works very well on a variety of skin types and colors. I am very fair and it blends beautifully and looks sheer and natural on me, and is even buildable at night. I have also used it on several friends and it looks great on everyone of them. Definately would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by moneybunny

I got this in a great swap and I love it!! It is very blendable and has a nice color, it looks dark in the pan but it goes on slightly sheer with a little bit of sparkle. The kind of warm red that you get when you've had a little too much sun, very natural! It dries to a powder finish like most cream blushes do, some look greasy, this one leaves a only very slight sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice cream blush. The shade is quite pretty and soft, yet I can still see it on my tanned skin.

I got this in a swap and I will continue to use it again until it is finished, but I wouldn't purchase again because I think NARS is too expensive and I could find a comparable cream blush for much cheaper, but I am sure it will last forever anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 3:03:00 PM More reviews by artemisa

Absolutly LOVE it!! It is my first cream blush, as my skin is combo, but really oily in summer and I always thought that cream blushes wouldn't last on my cheeks.
I got this from a great swap, and it impressed me. The color looks strong, with golden sparkles. I pat it over my cheeks and it just melts on my skin giving me a healthy color - I would say a mix between peach and subtle red.
As for the packaging, I must give it 5 lippies as I can carry it on my bag for retouch without any fear that the powder can break. A complete must!