December 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 7:10:00 PM More reviews by featheredgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have several Smashbox eyeshadow trios and I love them all!
They are high quality, go on smoothly, layer and blend well, last all day, and offer great color combos! Really nice and no animal testing! Watch out, though - the matte colors are very intense. I haven't quite mastered application of these just yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no idea what the problem is, but Smashbox eyeshadow and my face have never gotten along. I can't get much color on in the first place, and what does go on quickly slides off. To make things worse, the outside layer of plastic on the top usually breaks and I wind up with unportable eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by happymama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These eyeshadow's are my favorite. I love smashbox. I have stopped buying other brands (mac, trish, LM, Bobbie, urban, toofaced, BE, you name it, I have tried it). The pigmentation is perfect and so is the texture. Just Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by fancybaby

Have many colors and love them all. Great pigment and staying power. Easy to apply. Good choice of colors. A little pricy but last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love them!! I've tried a lot of eyeshadows. I find Stila waaayyyy too shiny and frosty. I find MAC too dry and dull. I like Almay as far as drugstar eyeshadow. I really like Becca too, but they're difficult to find (Sephora doesn't carry any longer due to import problems with getting it from Australia--you can still buy online though).

I love Smashbox's packaging--you can see what you're grabbing. NARS eyeshadows fade on me and for the price they shouldn't fade at all. Plus with NARS eyeshadows the black packaging get dirty and grimmy looking and you have to open up the lid to see which one you've picked up. Not with Smashbox. The lids are see-through and very convenient. The shadows last and last and have a wonderful consistency. Smashbox eyeshadows are great with a brush or a sponge applicator. They blend with ease. They don't show every wrinkle in your eyelid either. Very flattering and a great color range. Give them a try. Smashbox doesn't test on animals either.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by pandakeeper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get a set with five shadows in it. These are all fairly neutral colors: A powdery champagne, a golden color with more sparkle, a silver- dove gray, a wine and a denim blue. I LOVE the champange color. It is a really great day time shawdow. It's not too showy. The shadows have a nice smooth consistency. It's like butter and powder mixed. The other colors are wonderful too, but I use them more sparingly.

I think smashbox shadows will be my HG for day time looks. Also, my skin is oily. I put the shawdows over a primer by Urban Decay and it stays all day, even through dancing a night out. And they don't crease!!! And I'm way over 30! I am use to shawdows fading on me within a couple of hours and ending up in my creases. This is a nice surprise!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by laurenwinstanley

I love any and all Smashbox eye shadows. They are SO soft, I guess they're really finely milled. And they make a good selection of colors, so I can always start there when I want a new color.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by victoriangirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, I'm a shopaholic on QVC, so when I saw smashbox I thought I'd give it a try since it has been so highly rated in all the magazines. I was very disappointed to get this tiny, credit-card size compact of eye shadows for such a large price! I thought...wow, these must really be something special if you pay so much for so little! Anyway, I used them and didn't like the greasy feel of them. Maybe I need to practice using them more, but right now that tiny compact is at the bottom of my makeup drawer. Sorry...I wasn't impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jgirlygirl01

I bought this eye shadow and only got to use it for maybe a month before it cracked and all fell to pieces! I was really upset because it was expensive and I thought it would last a long time. Also the color didn't stay on long at all. I think Smashbox eye shadow is just as good as a cheaper drug store brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by clumpy_dumpy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the eyeshadow in Butter. It has just the right amount of shimmer, and stays on as well as my other eyeshadows (Lancome, Urban Decay).

02/11/2007 UPDATE: I just read the review above me and I agree that it does crack easily. I don't remember dropping or abusing my eyeshadow but it has cracked and the top layer has chipped off.