September 20, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

I like that this creme is very thick and mositurizing. The scent isn't particularly good as it tends to smell waxy. I use it at bedtime in conjunction with the lemon cuticle cream and it leaves my hands very moisturized. I would recommend it as a bedtime solution since it's very thick and tends to take a while to absorb. Plus there are better creams to use in the day time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Clairelou84

I love this cream. I find my hands are always dry and sore because I have to wash them so much at work, but as soon as I put on this rich cream, they're instantly soft. Other hand creams I've tried have tended to sting and irritate as I sometimes have tiny broken areas to the back of my hands but this cream just soothes them instantly. I find the smell of bananas pleasant, not overpowering. The only possible downside to this product is that it's maybe a little too sticky for daytime use, but I get round this by rubbing a generous amount into the backs of my hands and the dabbing the excess away from my palms with a paper towel. I prefer this to Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair as the smell is less overpowering and easier to rub in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesmark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this for the first time and have mixed feelings about it. I love that it's 100% natural and it does make my hands feel moisturized and soft. I also love that it comes in a cute little glass jar because I can easily use every last bit of it (when I can't squeeze any more cream out of tubes, I find that there's usually quite a bit more inside when I cut open the tube). There are 2 things I don't like about it though. 1) It makes my hands greasy and sticky for hours after I apply it. A few nights ago I applied it before bed and woke up 4 hours later to find my hands still sticky and greasy. I'll definitely only be using this before bed. 2) It smells gross...the smell is bad enough that I might try their Almond Milk hand cream next time instead.

UPDATE: I've been using this for a while now and gave it one more lippie since it does a fantastic job of moisturizing and softening my hands!! I've used other hand creams where I've applied them before bed only to wake up the next morning and feel like I should apply them again...not this one! I don't even mind the smell that much anymore...I still don't love it but I can live with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by sugarnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a "before bed" balm/cream. It's both greasy and waxy so once you put it on, either put on a pair of gloves over it or know that anything and everything you touch will leave residue stuck to your hands until it sinks in. The scent reminds me of banana taffy at first, but turns waxy and synthetic quickly. It does moisturize but it's nothing special. This was part of the trial kit, and I would not buy this in full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, this is one of the better BB scents. I enjoy bananas. Also, this stuff is really moisturizing and does keep hands soft. But I hate waiting 3 years for this to soak into my hands. It's so greasy which is kind of annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by PinUpBlush

i got this in a kit, and i'm glad it was a sample because i really didn't like it much. for starters the scent is kind of gross. kind of like fake bananas and wax. then the texture is godawful. it's really thick (in a bad way) and waxy and soooo sticky! can't imagine wearing this during the day at all, on account of how sticky it is. and it just stays there and doesn't sink in for ages. it moisturizes ok, and is definitely better than nothing when you have really dry skin. if you are going to use this, the best way to do this is at night before bed, with gloves and socks on (i used it on my feet too) so that by morning it's been absorbed, and you do see a difference.

wouldn't repurchase tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by unche

This hand creme is really great for extremely dry, cracked hands. The banana scent is especially lovely (though it smells less like banana and more like banana bread after you apply it). However, it takes forever to absorb, and is kind of...oily-waxy-sticky...so I don't use it at any time other than just before I go to bed as it makes touching anything really messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

First of all, the scent is to die for. Like banana candy. It rescues my dry hands. I went across the country to visit my in laws in very cold winter weather, 7 degrees to be exact. Forgot my eye cream back home and my eyes were feeling dry, so I though, what the heck I'll use this. Well I must share it freaking worked great. Even de puffed my eyes from all the traveling. I <3 it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by KRISTYLEOPARD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite hand cream ever! This smells wonderful!! I absolutely love the banana scent (which I was skeptical about at first). It's not over-powering and fades rather quickly. I wear it at night with the Burt's Bees cotton gloves and it works great!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by officefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I personally think this was one of the worst products I have ever used. Luckily it came in a small trial size bottle in a burt's bees assortment kit... It smells terrible. At first it smells like a banana laffy taffy, then it quickly starts to smell like a cake doughnut. Would never buy again. Don't recommend.